PDA

View Full Version : If your ethnicity got wiped out in a natural disaster, who would you repopulate your nation with?

Sikeliot
10-06-2013, 10:32 PM
I've asked this before, but it is worth asking again.

Here are the conditions:

1) You could effortlessly teach them the language, customs, culture that existed before and overnight, they'd be speaking your language.
2) You must do whatever you can to keep the population looking fairly unchanged physically.
3) You can use combinations of different ethnicities (i.e. a million of one group, a few hundred of another) to keep the population looking unchanged.
4) The "new" population must be at least somewhat genetically similar to the old.

Who would you repopulate your nation with, and with what proportion?

YeshAtid
10-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Sicilians in your opinion only have a number of successors

Gorštak
10-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Some nigga rapists to be neighbors to Serbs.

Kiyant
10-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Simply other Turkics preferably Nogay Turks.

Hadouken
10-06-2013, 10:38 PM
anatolian turks , (western) iranians ,armenians , azeris and maybe georgians

Skerdilaid
10-06-2013, 10:41 PM
With no other, if such a thing occurs then I would rather be extinct then repopulate my region with something else.

Sikeliot
10-06-2013, 10:41 PM
anatolian turks , (western) iranians ,armenians , azeris and maybe georgians

In what proportion?

Anglojew
10-06-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd lead the Palestinians into the promised land.

Hadouken
10-06-2013, 10:42 PM
In what proportion?

what do you mean ?

Sikeliot
10-06-2013, 10:45 PM
what do you mean ?

How many of each of those?

For Sicilians I'd repopulate the southern and eastern coasts with Greeks from the Aegean islands, the central regions like Enna and Caltanissetta with Armenians and central Italians (with the hope that they'd mix), and western Sicily with Ashkenazis, Cypriots, Lebanese and a few French for good measure.

SilverKnight
10-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Japanese (smart and peaceful, they have been coming for a few decades now) 25%

Spaniards (more culturally similar/ speak Spanish) 60%

Cubans ( we need some spice and they are our close brothas and sistahs) 5%

Gambians west-African ( They have cultural and genetic links with us) 5%

Native Venezuelans (closest to already extinct Tainos) 5%

Hadouken
10-06-2013, 10:56 PM
How many of each of those?

For Sicilians I'd repopulate the southern and eastern coasts with Greeks from the Aegean islands, the central regions like Enna and Caltanissetta with Armenians and central Italians (with the hope that they'd mix), and western Sicily with Ashkenazis, Cypriots, Lebanese and a few French for good measure.

i think 0% of each

i would just be on my own and fap

Slycooper
10-06-2013, 11:55 PM
For the Portuguese I would use Galicians. They look similar and basically speak the same language. For the ojibwe a tribe that is close tio our territory.

Tropico
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Not so tough for me. Id bring in some White Cubans, many Canarians, and a few Dominicans and some Amerindian influenced Venezuelans and mix them all up.

Moonbird
10-13-2013, 03:38 PM
If the whole population of Finland got wiped out I would repopulate the country with 50% Swedes and 50% Estonians.

Wolf
10-13-2013, 03:45 PM
It can be an advantage if your ethnicity is distributed over several nations, there's always someone left for a proper repopulation.

Dandelion
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
By Germans. I'd normally say by some Scandinavian nation, but their softness kind of scares me. In fact Germans would be the only Germanic ethnicity I'd accept. Anglo-Saxons for instance are way too PC- and nanny-state-minded to my liking, especially Brits. For the non-Germanic ethnicity, I'd say probably Finngolians.

Tropico
10-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Japanese (smart and peaceful, they have been coming for a few decades now) 25%

Spaniards (more culturally similar/ speak Spanish) 60%

Cubans ( we need some spice and they are our close brothas and sistahs) 5%

Gambians west-African ( They have cultural and genetic links with us) 5%

Native Venezuelans (closest to already extinct Tainos) 5%

See. Self hate. Only 5% SSA. Youll do anything to make DR less black. Self hate to the max.

Peikko
10-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Swedes and Estonians, but there's not enough Estonians.

Dandelion
10-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Swedes and Estonians, but there's not enough Estonians.

I don't take into account how many there are. I also assumed both Dutch as Flemish got wiped out (as we're pretty much the same ethnicity with a different state culture). There are no 22M Finns to replace us with, but I just assumed they suddenly emerge in this scenario.

pelikarski
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM
My ethnicity is going to be replaced soon without natural disaster.
The country has good nature, good climate, we have both sea and ski resorts.
Si I rather repopulate with Japanese or Koreans. These people are highly efficient and productive.

Dandelion
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Latvians and some Belarusians.

Maybe South Estonians and NW Russians as well.

They're very close genetically.

One question. Is Karl South or North Estonian?

Ultra
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Norwegians, Finns, Icelanders and/or Danes.

gregorius
10-13-2013, 03:58 PM
ciganis,

Dandelion
10-13-2013, 03:58 PM
I have no idea.

Anyway, currently Lithuanians aren't very populous, so perhaps Estonians wouldn't be needed.

If Estonians would dominate and assimilate Lithuania, you would become Estonian so you and Karl could finally marry.

Furnace
10-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Orcs and goblins.

SilverKnight
10-13-2013, 04:06 PM
ciganis,

Gigolos

http://s3.postimage.org/i46j4make/North_Korea_hd_25.jpg

Dandelion
10-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Bestiality.

Well, I haven't read the scenario, but it's 'by a natural disaster' in this topic it appears. A flood of Estonians might be considered such, weren't it for the fact it would result in local Lithuanians bullying their newfound guests at every opportunity. ;)

sevruk
10-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Latvians and some Belarusians.

Maybe South Estonians and NW Russians as well.

They're very close genetically.

not NW Russian close to Lithuanians, but western and central (Smolensk region especially)

Mehmet
10-13-2013, 04:12 PM
When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979, many Afghans fled to refugee camps in Pakistan.
Turkey discovered Turkic Afghan people there and re-settled them to Turkey.
Turkmens, Kyrgyzs, Kazakhs and Uzbeks from Afghanistan.

They have been given Turkish citizenship and even whole villages.

So in case of Turkey it's clear.

Taking Chinese Han immigration and occupation in Eastern Turkistan,
I think Turkey (and other Turkic countries) will need to import the last surviving Eastern Turks, the Uighurs..

papa diddy pop
10-13-2013, 04:12 PM
ethiopians ,I would have say german but then I saw the rules

gregorius
10-13-2013, 04:13 PM
When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979, many Afghans fled to refugee camps in Pakistan.
Turkey discovered Turkic Afghan people there and re-settled them to Turkey.
Turkmens, Kyrgyzs, Kazakhs and Uzbeks from Afghanistan.

They have been given Turkish citizenship and even whole villages.

So in case of Turkey it's clear.

Taking Chinese Han immigration and occupation in Eastern Turkistan,
I think Turkey (and other Turkic countries) will need to import the last surviving Eastern Turks, the Uighurs..

wrong thread bro, wrong thread

morski
10-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Macedonians and Bessarabian Bulgarians. If they are extinct as well I'd choose other Orthodox Balkanites and some Ukrainains and Russians in 60-70/30-40% ratio.

Damião de Góis
10-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Galicians, Castillo-Leonese, Extremadurans and Andalusians in a north south gradient.

Mehmet
10-13-2013, 04:16 PM
wrong thread bro, wrong thread
why so?

inactive_member
10-13-2013, 04:28 PM
not NW Russian close to Lithuanians, but western and central (Smolensk region especially)

She referring to Pskov as north-western Russia. Central and southern Pskov are similar to them. It's only northern Pskov that had Finnic population, which isn't very different to Balto-Slavs genetically. Smolensk hasn't been tested. If there're many non-immigrant residents living in Smolensk region, western and central Smolensk maybe similar to eastern Lithuanians.

Equilibrium
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
With clones of myself, it will be the first Übermensch nation in the world. :cool:

inactive_member
10-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Ideally, it would be people from the neighbouring regions of the neighbouring countries.

Roy
10-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Bisons.

She referring to Pskov as north-western Russia. Central and southern Pskov are similar to them. It's only northern Pskov that had Finnic population, which isn't very different to Balto-Slavs genetically. Smolensk hasn't been tested. If there're many non-immigrant residents living in Smolensk region, western and central Smolensk maybe similar to eastern Lithuanians.

I remember reading some scientific research which demonstrated that North-Eastern Poles share many genetic segments with Russians from Smolensk and some evidence of their arrival from places now in Polish boundaries.

Oneeye
10-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Iberians.

lI
10-13-2013, 06:10 PM
If my ethnicity would get wiped out completely - who'd give a damn over what people were imported to replace us? Certainly not me.
If there's no unbroken continuity of culture and there's no continuity of population, it's not like it's still going to be "Lithuania" anyway.
East Prussia's example when the Teutonic crusaders eradicated the local people and stole their name is as low as one can possibly get IMO - as if eradicating them alone didn't suffice for a humiliation.

Now, if we're talking about what mix would produce the genetically closest thing to the country's current population, it would without a doubt be West Latvians (South Kurzeme + Zemgale) + North-West Belarus (Hrodna region). But that's already another topic.

One question. Is Karl South or North Estonian?I hope that answers your question:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rHXtT_MtP1QJ:www.forumbiodiversity. com/showthread.php/34491-Where-are-more-masculine-men-Finland-or-Estonia/page41+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

In reality Karl is one of the southernmost Estonians, excluding Setos. His ancestry is half western Estonian and half southern Estonian, while most Finnish Estonians live in north and northeast.

And in case you're wondering who are those Setos, whom Lemmy mentioned as being the only people in Estonia that are less South-Eastern than Karl, they are a distinct ethnic group that speaks a Finnic language but has a predominantly Balto-Slavic and very archaic folklore.

Liac
10-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Russians, Ukrainians. They're closest peoples to my people. I had few Russian TV channels and you won't believe how much they overlap with us. There's many Dinaro-Pontid types among Russians like Stalin was, especially in Southern parts as same as there's many East Nordids in Serbia, my girlfriend for example.

Visitor_22
10-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Russians, Ukrainians. They're closest peoples to my people. I had few Russian TV channels and you won't believe how much they overlap with us. There's many Dinaro-Pontid types among Russians like Stalin was, especially in Southern parts as same as there's many East Nordids in Serbia, my girlfriend for example.

Stalin wasn't russian. He is georgian-ossetian.

If he was russian he would look like this

http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/vladimir_poetin_1_37546!image/1227296055.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/1227296055.jpg
or this
http://im5.asset.yvimg.kz/userimages/sksportkz/aZtotNv5VDGOOo7I48d8pLzag7m487.jpg

Instead of this

http://kobovec.org.ua/Ford_Stalin_html_4bc9dff8.jpg

Krampus
10-13-2013, 10:53 PM
If Albania was to be wiped out I would replace them with Kosovars :D

Prisoner Of Ice
10-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Some nigga rapists to be neighbors to Serbs.

Well, that's your future, too.

Sikeliot
10-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Russians, Ukrainians. They're closest peoples to my people. I had few Russian TV channels and you won't believe how much they overlap with us.

Russians and Serbs? :lol: Ukrainians maybe because they are more Balkan-like sometimes, but the Serbs I know look closer even to Greeks and Albanians than to Russians.