PDA

View Full Version : Human Overpopulation.

Ulf
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Overpopulation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation)

Carrying Capacity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_capacity)

Population Control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_control)

Over-Consumption (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-consumption)

So what do you think? Should we control the population or let it go?

Personally, I support Absinthe's ideas to use the homeless (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118793&postcount=55) and unwed mothers (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118798&postcount=60) as biofuel. It's win/win getting rid of the parasites and we reduce our dependence on oil. It's a green energy movement and is probably carbon neutral. And fat people, they're full of hydrocarbons!

MeorgeGichaels
10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Stererlise anyone anywhere who has more children than the replacement rate of that nation.

anonymaus
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Feed the homeless and fat to the hungry; burn the unwed mothers for fuel to keep them warm.

Allenson
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
It's the biggest problem facing the world right now if you ask me.

It's like the 10,000 pound gorilla in the room that everyone see but no one is willing to do anything about.

Ulf
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Feed the homeless and fat to the hungry; burn the unwed mothers for fuel to keep them warm.

What if we fed the homeless and unwed mothers to fat people and used the fat people as fuel. They will have more energy per cubic inch, that way we increase our efficiency.

Rochefaton
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
When any given society reaches population levels that are becoming too large , I believe they should implement a "zero population" policy. The idea is that each couple will be allowed a male and female offspring, but no more. You are only replacing the current population, you aren't adding to it.

Or, you can just overpopulate and let nature lower the population numbers by starvation, disease from unsanitary conditions, and all the other wonderful things that come with an overpopulated society.

anonymaus
10-19-2009, 08:32 PM
What if we fed the homeless and unwed mothers to fat people and used the fat people as fuel. They will have more energy per cubic inch, that way we increase our efficiency.

Blimpoid Biofuel has a nice ring to it.

Psychonaut
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
It's the biggest problem facing the world right now if you ask me.

Yep, which is why I kind of giggle inside when people get all crazy about "OMG there's not enough white babies!" Unless the world is to turn into a giant planetary metropolis that harvests resources from the moon and asteroid belt in order to feed it's ever expanding population, we've got to get this under control.

Ulf
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Yep, which is why I kind of giggle inside when people get all crazy about "OMG there's not enough white babies!" Unless the world is to turn into a giant planetary metropolis that harvests resources from the moon and asteroid belt in order to feed it's ever expanding population, we've got to get this under control.

Can't we have more white babies and you know, less of those, uh, other babies... ;)

MeorgeGichaels
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Can't we have more white babies and you know, less of those, uh, other babies... ;)

As much as some would love that it isn't practical-you can't sustain and live a first world lifestyle with too many children

And, unless you live in Sweden or another large country, most European countries are already overpopulated. The "indiginous" population in Britain is somewhere in the nethers of 55-60 million, conservative analysts put the realistic sustainable population at 40 million. So how can the indiginous afford to have any more babies let alone immigration etc?

Ulf
10-19-2009, 08:45 PM
As much as some would love that it isn't practical-you can't sustain and live a first world lifestyle with too many children

And, unless you live in Sweden or another large country, most European countries are already overpopulated. The "indiginous" population in Britain is somewhere in the nethers of 55-60 million, conservative analysts put the realistic sustainable population at 40 million. So how can the indiginous afford to have any more babies let alone immigration etc?

Stop eating so much and I bet that number would grow. Plus read my above posts, get rid of the parasites and you clear up room for awesome people.

Sol Invictus
10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Murder and sterilization..?? :confused:

Absinthe
10-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Murder and sterilization..?? :confused:
Why, what's wrong with that? :D

Sol Invictus
10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Why, what's wrong with that? :D

It's sick and inhumane?

Absinthe
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
No way!! It's practical! Same as burning bunnies for fuel, if you know what I mean. :wink

Sol Invictus
10-19-2009, 08:55 PM
No way!! It's practical! Same as burning bunnies for fuel, if you know what I mean. :wink

:puke:

Absinthe
10-19-2009, 08:56 PM
:puke:
I also feel the same way. :)

Allenson
10-19-2009, 09:04 PM
LOL.

What we really need is a return to quality over quantity. Mother nature needs to start playing a bigger role again. Perhpaps it's coming?

Psychonaut
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
What we really need is a return to quality over quantity. Mother nature needs to start playing a bigger role again. Perhpaps it's coming?

Yes. I'd rather a pair of scientists have one or two children than for a welfare momma to squeeze out a litter of twenty.

Ulf
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
It's sick and inhumane?

That's relative. What's more sick and inhumane is ignorantly charging forth through the McDonald's wrappers to a future full of disease and starvation. A little preventative maintenance never hurt. :thumb001:

MeorgeGichaels
10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Ulf, after the third revolution when I become global dictator I'll give you a special pass to have the 10 children you want. Normal people however, don't. And thus they won't need such special passes so problem solved!

(Incidentally, are you Catholic by any chance? Just asking)

Also, I'll give you two fat people a day to burn.

How does that sound for compromise and omniscient leadership?

anonymaus
10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
That's relative. What's more sick and inhumane is ignorantly charging forth through the McDonald's wrappers to a future full of disease and starvation. A little preventative maintenance never hurt. :thumb001:

We can feed the welfare bums to the sick and dying and burn their bloated corpses for fuel. Creativity is the key!

Ulf
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Ulf, after the third revolution when I become global dictator I'll give you a special pass to have the 10 children you want. Normal people however, don't. And thus they won't need such special passes so problem solved!

(Incidentally, are you Catholic by any chance? Just asking)

Also, I'll give you two fat people a day to burn.

How does that sound for compromise and omniscient leadership?

This will be the future 40 acres and a mule. 10 children and two fatties. :thumbs up

The future is gonna be awesome.

We can feed the welfare bums to the sick and dying and burn their bloated corpses for fuel. Creativity is the key!

Blood and souls!... I mean, think of the children and their future!

Psychonaut
10-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Blood and souls!... I mean, think of the children and their future!

Blood and souls for Arioch!!!

http://www.stormbringer.net/images/elric/elric11.jpg

Sol Invictus
10-19-2009, 09:42 PM

I think the breakdown of the family, and weak moral character are more to blame and should be remedied rather than forcibly sterilizing and murdering other human beings. Overpopulation isn't what causes people to not pay their rent and not get a job to sustain themselves and their family.

Ulf
10-19-2009, 09:46 PM
I think the breakdown of the family, and weak moral character are more to blame and should be remedied rather than forcibly sterilizing and murdering other human beings. Overpopulation isn't what causes people to not pay their rent and not get a job to sustain themselves and their family.

But what if there's no more food, no more room, bad air quality, pollution and human waste everywhere.

Cull the herd, just like with deer.

And twice as delicious! :thumb001:

Ulf
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?groupid=71&pictureid=696

10-20-2009, 12:10 AM
LOL.

Oh, yes, it's coming alright. :eek: Mother Nature ain't going to be swayed by political correctness, neither.

SwordoftheVistula
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Or, you can just overpopulate and let nature lower the population numbers by starvation, disease from unsanitary conditions, and all the other wonderful things that come with an overpopulated society.

That's what's been happening in the third world. All these famines are because they have more people than they can feed, the plagues are because they have more people than they can provide adequate medical care and sanitation for, the massive numbers of dead in earthquakes are because they have more people than they can provide housing for in properly constructed buildings, the massive numbers dead in hurricanes and tsunamis are because they don't have the ability to maintain a decent detection, warning, and evacuation system, not to mention all the wars. When we intervene in these countries to bail them out, send them food and medicine and whatever, this just prolongs the overpopulation problem. Also the problem of them dumping part of the population which they can't for onto us instead in the form of 'immigrants' and 'refugees'. If we simply let nature take its course, don't bail them out, and don't let them come running here whenever their problems blow up in their face, this will go a long way towards at least containing the 'overpopulation' crisis.

How is that figure calculated? Britain had 50 million people in 1951 and didn't have any problems with 'overpopulation', even in 1998 with 57 million. The Dickensian squalor occurred when Britain had less than half that number of people (20 million people in 1851).

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/population.html

Yep, which is why I kind of giggle inside when people get all crazy about "OMG there's not enough white babies!"

That's an inevitable result of pluralistic democracy with universal suffrage. More people=more votes=more power.

Bridie
10-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Personally, I support Absinthe's ideas to use the homeless (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118793&postcount=55) and unwed mothers (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118798&postcount=60) as biofuel. It's win/win getting rid of the parasites and we reduce our dependence on oil. Well, looks like I'll have to be thrown onto the fire next winter, straight after being sterilised I suppose...

Stererlise anyone anywhere who has more children than the replacement rate of that nation.

(Btw, the replacement rate for ALL countries and ALL populations is the same. 2.1 babies per woman.)

Lulletje Rozewater
10-20-2009, 08:20 AM

Not a good idea,fat people become blubber and you have the Japs on your doorstep

SwordoftheVistula
10-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Not a good idea,fat people become blubber and you have the Japs on your doorstep

We could float them out to sea, would help solve the housing crisis :D

asulf
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
anyway we can not escape the control of our species is a biological law that ignores our human considerations.
the human world turns, we see the emergence of geopolitical blocs, the stock of oil runs out, ditto food resources, and I do not even mention the percentage of water in steady decline.two civilizations face, no need to appoint those opposite advocate our destruction if we do not convert to their faith.
they colonize us, grow and multiply, knowing how many will fill their shortcomings, the defeat of the siege of Vienna and was still fueling their resentment against us, we somment and remain, under the infidel dogs
their moderate when they condone by their silence and inaction jihad.
instead of cleaning one of their own.
our governments and politicians are weak.
face at Iran, they threaten to compromise and offer a series of kowtowing to a state that lies to us and continues its policy of developing nuclear weapons no one is fooled, all begin to leave the head in the sand pertinant knowing that negotiations fail

Unfortunately, all here, see nuclear war arrived with his retinue of radiation, of riots and civil wars, environmental devastation, and the procession of epidemics on the entire planet.
have no fear, the level of the population going down wickedly!
the problem is how many of us will survive, and how best if ready.

Barreldriver
10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I say just let the law of diminishing returns go full circle.

Murphy
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Stop sleeping around with every Tom, Dick and Harry and wait until you are in a stable married and loving relationship.

The true root of over-population is indiscriminate sexual intercourse.

Regards,
Eóin.

SwordoftheVistula
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Stop sleeping around with every Tom, Dick and Harry and wait until you are in a stable married and loving relationship.

Regards,
Eóin.

There's another thread on here which discusses that it is actually the social welfare system which supports these women which creates that problem. Human beings have always had these natural urges, but it is only since the development of the social welfare system that we have this problem.

Murphy
10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
There's another thread on here which discusses that it is actually the social welfare system which supports these women which creates that problem. Human beings have always had these natural urges, but it is only since the development of the social welfare system that we have this problem.

I think the social welfare aspect kicks in after the first child. Most of the teenage mothers I know got pregnant by accident really, and when they discovered the gold mine.. well you get where I am going with this.

Though indeed in many cases even the first is simply there to get the mother money.

Regards,
Eóin.

SuuT
10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Someone should define "overpopulation". 9.3 billion people can fit into an area no larger than the state of Texas and have a population density no greater than that of Manhattan. Europe is a bit stuffed (imo) despite no longer breeding, but America (as one example) is - if taking total area into account - 96% undeveloped coutryside.

P.s. Burn the unwed fatties.

Skandi
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
(Btw, the replacement rate for ALL countries and ALL populations is the same. 2.1 babies per woman.)

No actually it's not. The replacement rate depends on the mortality rates, so a undeveloped country will have a much higher replacement rate than a developed country.

Allenson
10-20-2009, 12:12 PM

Right. Can you imagine if the rest of the world lived like Americans...or, Westerners in general? Holy smokes, there'd be nothing left in no-time-flat.

We need to curb our wanton disposable/consumer culture and the so-called third world needs to stop having so many darn babies. :cool:

And Bridie--no, you should stick around. We'll find ya a fella'. :coffee:

~°2012°~
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
A little overpopulation propaganda ;) :

4tnnFy66WVs

Lulletje Rozewater
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Stop sleeping around with every Tom, Dick and Harry

Regards,
Eóin.

A number of your posts make me smile,like this one.

Let your imagination go wild.

A couple made love and the sperm army was waiting for the Captain's order to attack.
ATTAAAAACK ,as one unit, the army stormed forwards,but was rebuffed by a rubber wall
Dazed the army withdrew.
Next time we don't stop the Captain said.
Fifteen minutes later
Sure enough,the army was ready
Like a bunch of SAS men they attacked,went through the rubber wall and kept going forward.
Suddenly the Captain Shouted:"Hokai, Stop advance-treason-crap"
Sure sign of indiscriminate intercourse,but no overpopulation

Troll's Puzzle
10-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Regards,
Eóin.

yes, they should stick to one person to have their 13 kids with, like a true catholic :thumbs up

after all, catholicism bans contraception, (probably rooted in 'psychological' law to increase fertility, rather than the word of a nonexistant god) - which would lead to massive population booms in euro. countries if it could be enforced :D
indeed these days the reaction to anyone with a large family is often 'are they practicing catholics'? :D

so... maybe we should burn the Catholics too :icon_ask: (after all, they've been at it themselves for centuries :thumbs up)

Frigga
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I have often wondered if there were other reasons for the population boom. What advances have we encountered in the last 100 years? Well, vaccinations for one, and I'll concentrate on just that for my post. Vaccines have prevented the sickening of millions if not billions of individuals over the last 100+ years. Imagine if we had allowed disease to run its natural course. We would have had outbreaks of major disease that would have sickened millions, and killed millions, but the survivors would have been the strongest individuals. Those that had survived would have lived to pass on their strength to the next generation. The large birth rate in Third World countries has been for millions of years to replace those that sicken and die before reaching adult hood, as the childhood mortality rate used to be much higher. I say stop vaccinations for most countries, I'm not qualified to say which country is more deserving of that over another, and let Mother Nature cull the weak out herself. She's worked for millions of years to this point, I say let her take over the job again. We're not qualified to do her work.

SwordoftheVistula
10-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey yeah, aren't they the ones who oppose even the sending of condoms to third world countries? That's one form of foreign aid I don't mind.

Lady L
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I have often wondered if there were other reasons for the population boom. What advances have we encountered in the last 100 years? Well, vaccinations for one, and I'll concentrate on just that for my post. Vaccines have prevented the sickening of millions if not billions of individuals over the last 100+ years. Imagine if we had allowed disease to run its natural course. We would have had outbreaks of major disease that would have sickened millions, and killed millions, but the survivors would have been the strongest individuals. Those that had survived would have lived to pass on their strength to the next generation. The large birth rate in Third World countries has been for millions of years to replace those that sicken and die before reaching adult hood, as the childhood mortality rate used to be much higher. I say stop vaccinations for most countries, I'm not qualified to say which country is more deserving of that over another, and let Mother Nature cull the weak out herself. She's worked for millions of years to this point, I say let her take over the job again. We're not qualified to do her work.

What if you had a child and a vaccination would save its life? Or your own? I see your point but I can't agree. If we were to knock out vaccinations that mid as well be a domino affect and knock out all study of medicine. No cancer survivors, etc? No way!

Ulf
10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, looks like I'll have to be thrown onto the fire next winter, straight after being sterilised I suppose...

If we were going to put you onto the fires we wouldn't need to sterilise. That'd be a waste of resources, not like you'd reproduce after being burned!

Someone should define "overpopulation". 9.3 billion people can fit into an area no larger than the state of Texas and have a population density no greater than that of Manhattan. Europe is a bit stuffed (imo) despite no longer breeding, but America (as one example) is - if taking total area into account - 96% undeveloped coutryside.

P.s. Burn the unwed fatties.

I think arable land is more of a factor than population density. At what point do we not have enough arable land to sustain ourselves? North America could surely sustain itself with it's own food production for centuries, we should stop trading away our food to other countries.

Ulf
10-20-2009, 07:56 PM
I support death panels and cancer is mother nature's way of saying, 'Hey, you're done, now GTFO.' People need to learn when it's their time.

Psychonaut
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I think arable land is more of a factor than population density. At what point do we not have enough arable land to sustain ourselves? North America could surely sustain itself with it's own food production for centuries, we should stop trading away our food to other countries.

That's the key. If your goal is to turn America into a land of densely populated metropolises that are entirely dependent on foreign trade for their food supply (*cough* Japan *cough*), then, sure, the US could stand some more people. However, if we're to maintain the rural agrarian core of America that (in my eyes) really defines the Folk-soul of our nation, then we must stem the growth.

Lady L
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I support death panels and cancer is mother nature's way of saying, 'Hey, you're done, now GTFO.' People need to learn when it's their time.

It's just hard for me to look at diseases ( curable ones ) as someone's time to die. It's not like a fatal car accident. Who says letting mother nature, ( if you wanna call it that ) take her course is going to help? Is she going to knock out all the bad folks only? I'd think not.

I'd think you'd see it differently if it was your wife or someone you love who comes down with a perhaps curable disease. Which leads to another noble thing ...its called surviving. :)

Barreldriver
10-20-2009, 11:34 PM
but America (as one example) is - if taking total area into account - 96% undeveloped coutryside.

and it better stay that way.

Rochefaton
10-20-2009, 11:51 PM
and it better stay that way.

Ever taken a road trip from Alabama to Montana? I assure you there is plenty of room for development without destroying our land's natural beauty. You get tired of seeing nothing but rolling hills after about an hour and a half of driving.

Barreldriver
10-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Ever taken a road trip from Alabama to Montana? I assure you there is plenty of room for development without destroying our land's natural beauty. You get tired of seeing nothing but rolling hills after about an hour and a half of driving.

I don't, I know nothing other than what has been highlighted in bold. I tried city living for a year in college and it nearly destroyed who I was.

Rochefaton
10-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't, I know nothing other than what has been highlighted in bold. I tried city living for a year in college and it nearly destroyed who I was.

Well, I am from northeast Alabama, so I am used to "country life" like you. Some parts of the midwest are a bit ridiculous, though. You can literally drive for hours without seeing anything but grass in some places and, if you are really lucky, you may come across a corn field for 50 miles or so.

I4s0nzsU1Wg

Barreldriver
10-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Well, I am from northeast Alabama, so I am used to "country life" like you. Some parts of the midwest are a bit ridiculous, though. You can literally drive for hours without seeing anything but grass and in some places and, if you are really lucky, you may come across a corn field for 50 miles or so.

Very much so lol. Ohio seems to be one of the more reasonable "midwestern" areas in this respect. We have a healthy balance in the rural areas, but once you leave and head further towards the lakes it turns into disaster. lol Ohio is the most two faced midwestern state IMO, and we're the must un-midwestern midwestern state lol. Pennsylvania is having a bad influence on us. :P

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2009, 12:15 AM

I recognize this. I was born in a city, then moved to the countryside and later on moved into a town. That town (70.000 or so people) already depressed me. I couldn't (and I still can't-now living in a city 135.000 inh. city) stand to open up my window and see another house and a street. I am tired of living in a apartment block, tired of having people living next to, above, below and across from me, tired of the noise of a passing car or a train and of the sound pollution. :rolleyes:;)
I want my peace and quiet and that's what I got when I was still living in the countryside but houses there are unaffordable and jobs (and proper education, public transport, shops etc) scarce so people are actually being driven into the cities.

My country is overpopulated. 16,500,150+ people (80.9% Dutch, 19.1% various others) live here on 16,033 sq miles and the population is still growing. 7.5 million people live in the Randstad Holland alone. If I drive down the road after I leave the city from here to the nearest village (Soesterberg) which is some 3 miles down the road from the city limits there is still one endless row of houses and other buildings. It may be mixed with forest but it is still a build-up area. Some 30 years ago the Randstad Holland was a long way off to the west- but today we are the outer rim of it and it is still expanding east, south and north (check Google Maps The Netherlands just for the heck of it). It never gets really dark in large parts of the country as all roads and motorways are lit- thus wreaking havoc on the sleeping patterns of those that seem to need a clear, dark night (me being one of them).

Perhaps this country is in desperate need of: removal of all non-western aliens, and stimulating a mass wave of emigration of Dutch to for instance the U.S.A, Canada, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand and turning large plots of lands in pastures, field and nature, removing lights from roads and motorways in the rural areas. We need to slow down the pace of life again and return to a more humane, small-scaled and rural society.

A good idea would be to institute a two-child policy: cutting off the child support for those that take a third child or perhaps even tax it.
8.5 million people- is more then enough for this country.

Adalwulf
10-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I think it is false to include the elderly and children as 'population'. The older people have already done their part and are now just there for a reward (or brains, as they can still use that). Killing them would obviously be savage, so we just house them when they become useless, then let them die whenever it happens. At this point they barely use any resources and actually create jobs for medical persons and cleaners (good experience and sources of incomes for women). The children are more of an investment, and if they live and do not leave in young adulthood, then they can be considered population.

You also have to realise the world is not ideal. If the Dutch people, for example, limited themselves to two children (do they even do that high a number normally?), then it would be national suicide. The out-migration rate, the immigrant rate of Arabs, the useless Liberal people created, the deaths from crimes, and so on would quickly destroy the real Dutch population. A limit would really hurt the people actually trying to create a new generation, thusly destroying the previously mentioned resources.

Without an economy and a military, a people will die. You will be consumed either by the European nations around you or by a foreign power.

Once and if the world is ever ideal where there is no threat for economic collapse and invasion, then we can begin fixing our populations to their natural balanced rate. Right now we have to protect ourselves and attack the threats from outside before it ruins everything.

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2009, 12:45 AM
That's why we can only institute a two child-policy (Dutch have one child, non-western immigrants around three) after we have kicked out our non-western guests. (they are effectively the ones that are keeping us hostage in this overpopulation situation).

Two children for a family would be enough to replace the current population (in theory). In 1940 we had 8.5 million people and that was enough. Of course our country needs an economy but why not keep the most important large scaled businesses in the Randstad Holland ? We have the port of Rotterdam and the infrastructure there.

While you deem it false to consider the elderly and children as population I count them as such because they are human beings like us all who use transport, that live somewhere, use utilities and as such also contribute to the overpopulation. As I said we could encourage people to move abroad- in particularly to countries like the U.S.A, Australia and Canada.

A smaller population density is not a problem, actually it is the contrary: look to Norway or Finland or Canada which have lower population densities then we have but still have very modern economies.
Sometimes less is more. And if you institute the draft you still can have a decent army.

10-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Well, I am from northeast Alabama, so I am used to "country life" like you. Some parts of the midwest are a bit ridiculous, though. You can literally drive for hours without seeing anything but grass in some places and,

Sounds like heaven on Earth. "I loved my fellow man the best when he was scattered some"

Lady L
10-21-2009, 03:31 AM

I love driving through the countryside without seeing anything but the beautiful landscape. :) Its so moving. :) If someone builds one thing then someone else will just build another? Besides, what else do we need? More gas stations? :p:rolleyes2: Now, if they could throw in some places around here of some interest instead of bullshit gas stations and bullshit Wal-Marts ...I'd be so pleased. I'd like to see more real food restaurants. We are so lacking in that sort of thing. Everything is McDonald's and Domino's. Nothing real. But anyway, :D Buildings are ugly, I like green :thumb001:

I recognize this. I was born in a city, then moved to the countryside and later on moved into a town. That town (70.000 or so people) already depressed me. I couldn't (and I still can't-now living in a city 135.000 inh. city) stand to open up my window and see another house and a street. I am tired of living in a apartment block, tired of having people living next to, above, below and across from me, tired of the noise of a passing car or a train and of the sound pollution. :rolleyes:;)
I want my peace and quiet and that's what I got when I was still living in the countryside but houses there are unaffordable and jobs (and proper education, public transport, shops etc) scarce so people are actually being driven into the cities.

My country is overpopulated. 16,500,150+ people (80.9% Dutch, 19.1% various others) live here on 16,033 sq miles and the population is still growing. 7.5 million people live in the Randstad Holland alone. If I drive down the road after I leave the city from here to the nearest village (Soesterberg) which is some 3 miles down the road from the city limits there is still one endless row of houses and other buildings. It may be mixed with forest but it is still a build-up area. Some 30 years ago the Randstad Holland was a long way off to the west- but today we are the outer rim of it and it is still expanding east, south and north (check Google Maps The Netherlands just for the heck of it). It never gets really dark in large parts of the country as all roads and motorways are lit- thus wreaking havoc on the sleeping patterns of those that seem to need a clear, dark night (me being one of them).

Perhaps this country is in desperate need of: removal of all non-western aliens, and stimulating a mass wave of emigration of Dutch to for instance the U.S.A, Canada, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand and turning large plots of lands in pastures, field and nature, removing lights from roads and motorways in the rural areas. We need to slow down the pace of life again and return to a more humane, small-scaled and rural society.

A good idea would be to institute a two-child policy: cutting off the child support for those that take a third child or perhaps even tax it.

:thumbs up

Rochefaton
10-21-2009, 03:54 AM
I love driving through the countryside without seeing anything but the beautiful landscape. :)

Same here, but when you know there are areas of the Western world overpopulated, it kind of makes you think "what a waste" as you are driving through places like the Dakota's.

If someone builds one thing then someone else will just build another?

It doesn't matter to me, as long as they are building things. Building requires manpower which means less unemployment.

Besides, what else do we need? More gas stations? :p:rolleyes2: Now, if they could throw in some places around here of some interest instead of bullshit gas stations and bullshit Wal-Marts ...I'd be so pleased. I'd like to see more real food restaurants. We are so lacking in that sort of thing. Everything is McDonald's and Domino's. Nothing real. But anyway, :D Buildings are ugly, I like green :thumb001:

Yes, it seems to be this way across most of our state. I live in a "dry" county myself, so since they do not sell alcohol except for beer here, most of the upper tier restuarants will not set up shop. As far as the fast food restuarants go, it is no wonder 1/3 of the population in Alabama is obese. I get cappuccinos at McDonald's, but I try not to eat there.

I generally do not shop at Wal-Mart. We have a local grocery store named Ingles here and that is where my wife and I buy the majority of our goods. Wal-Mart gets our business when we find ourselves in that "It's midnight, and I'm out of toothpaste" kind of situation. ;)

Lady L
10-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Same here, but when you know there are areas of the Western world overpopulated, it kind of makes you think "what a waste" as you are driving through places like the Dakota's.

Good point, but, the places that are overpopulated can just stay that way and that way we can keep the pretty. :) I just don't want it to spill over. If it did, it would be ruint < :D for me. :( That's exactly what I try to get away from ...

It doesn't matter to me, as long as they are building things. Building requires manpower which means less unemployment.

Good point, but, :D, It's only short term employment because when these things are built it's over. Of course it will employ others who actually work for the places - but - we have enough Billion dollar companies paying out minimum wage.

Ulf
10-21-2009, 04:06 AM
It's just hard for me to look at diseases ( curable ones ) as someone's time to die. It's not like a fatal car accident. Who says letting mother nature, ( if you wanna call it that ) take her course is going to help? Is she going to knock out all the bad folks only? I'd think not.

I'd think you'd see it differently if it was your wife or someone you love who comes down with a perhaps curable disease. Which leads to another noble thing ...its called surviving. :)

Cancer isn't curable, treatable yes. But if were to find out I had some brain tumors or pancreatic cancer I'd probably just spend the rest of my time eating psychedelic mushrooms and drinking mead until I died, or a blaze of glory, rather than waste all my money trying to give myself a few more years of life. Potentially passing my debt onto loved ones after my death is not appealing to me.

Mother nature taking her course will certainly help depopulate. It's not pretty but it's beneficial.

Lady L
10-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Cancer isn't curable, treatable yes. But if were to find out I had some brain tumors or pancreatic cancer I'd probably just spend the rest of my time eating psychedelic mushrooms and drinking mead until I died, or a blaze of glory, rather than waste all my money trying to give myself a few more years of life. Potentially passing my debt onto loved ones after my death is not appealing to me.

Mother nature taking her course will certainly help depopulate. It's not pretty but it's beneficial.

Ok, Ok, I've heard enough about depopulating. ;) What's the big deal anyway? :p Say move buddy, your in my way! ;)

And Ulf, who the fuck is going to enjoy this life land and experience if we are all wiped the fuck out?!?!!!? :D

Ulf
10-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Ok, Ok, I've heard enough about depopulating. ;) What's the big deal anyway? :p Say move buddy, your in my way! ;)

And Ulf, who the fuck is going to enjoy this life land and experience if we are all wiped the fuck out?!?!!!? :D

Exactly. When there's mass starvation and disease from the cramped quarters, will there be anyone left to enjoy it?!

Lulletje Rozewater
10-21-2009, 06:47 AM

Very nice post.
I am for over population-the more the better-
Lady pointed out some stark truths on medicine and it will go on and on.
People do not want to die-people have no sense of the habitual sexcapade all year round.(bar 7 days for women.)
We are a creature with few sexual inhibitions which nature has wisely introduced in animals(rutting season or abstaining from sex like in dogs for a while)
We have no real predator than only a virus or bacteria or some wars or an asteroid.

Another creature-the mouse- has the same problem- heck he just sends it any which way.
Then the Catch---------Put 6 mice in a 1 meter by 1 meter area and they are happy like a pig in a wedding cake-- 2 months later these 6 become 50 and than 100.
Suddenly the space they live in has become to small.
BANG- they fight for more personal space- murder at random,till such time there is sufficient personal space.
So yes, I vote for overpopulation as long as I live in the mountains.:wink:D

Tabiti
10-21-2009, 08:48 AM
You see..AIDS, drugs and Swine flu aren't that bad actually :D

Loki
10-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, looks like I'll have to be thrown onto the fire next winter, straight after being sterilised I suppose...

I have nothing but the utmost respect for single mothers like yourself. I suggest these guys try and raise kids on their own ... I doubt many of them would cope. My hats off to you, Bridie. You are not the scum of society, but the hope of society.

Inese
10-21-2009, 02:48 PM

My country is overpopulated. 16,500,150+ people (80.9% Dutch, 19.1% various others) live here on 16,033 sq miles and the population is still growing. 7.5 million people live in the Randstad Holland alone.
Hmm Lawspeaker move to Latvia!! :nod You know , Latvia is bigger than Netherland (64.589 km² for Latvia and 41.528 km² for Netherland, i was looking) and we dont have 16,5 million people ---- we have only 2,2 million people!! Latvia has very much green nature and i total think our landscape looks like your Netherland with the flat land and the Baltic coast!! You can find a cheap house in the green and sleep well as a Western man ^_^

Here a drive over our landscape in Kurzeme in West Latvia :wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIMBXGgfmU

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Hmm Lawspeaker move to Latvia!! :nod You know , Latvia is bigger than Netherland (64.589 km² for Latvia and 41.528 km² for Netherland, i was looking) and we dont have 16,5 million people ---- we have only 2,2 million people!! Latvia has very much green nature and i total think our landscape looks like your Netherland with the flat land and the Baltic coast!! You can find a cheap house in the green and sleep well as a Western man ^_^

Here a drive over our landscape in Kurzeme in West Latvia :wink
JPIMBXGgfmU
What a change of scenery, Inese. I trade in Turks and Morrocans for Russians....:wink I think that Latvia is a beautiful country but if I would leave my country I would go to Norway or the United States but still I think that it would be better to hold on as each Dutchman leaving now is weakening the front lines and is a deserter in my eyes. :)
And yes- I can see some similarities between the landscape of Latvia and the Netherlands- it sometimes reminds me of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug but way less well maintained but it looks green and attractive. It's a beautiful country- and everything should be done to keep it that way.

Inese
10-21-2009, 03:00 PM
I think that Latvia is a beautiful country but if I would leave my country I would go to Norway or the United States but still I think that it would be better to hold on as each Dutchman leaving now is weakening the front lines and a deserter in my eyes. :)
Hm yes okay i can understand: A Dutch is a dutch! :wink But you say you are very angry when you look out of the window and see people everywhere and you cant sleep ---- it is not good for you!!

Latvia has enough place for friendly Northern European people ---- 1000 Dutch are 10 times better as one Russian

Well I can see some similarities between the landscape of Latvia and the Netherlands- it sometimes reminds me of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug but way less well maintained but it looks green and attractive.
Yes less maintained but that is natural ;)

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Hm yes okay i can understand: A Dutch is a dutch! :wink But you say you are very angry when you look out of the window and see people everywhere and you cant sleep ---- it is not good for you!!
I know. And I will probably leave after the good day that the Muslims and other third-world riff raff have been thrown out. Then I will look for some space.

Latvia has enough place for friendly Northern European people ---- 1000 Dutch are 10 times better as one Russian
Fact. But the problem is that we are currently in a struggle to protect our own soil. Regrettably the government is not much of a help...

Yes less maintained but that is natural ;)
Agreed. That's perhaps because I look with Dutch eyes. We are used to every inch being used for something and even when land is not used it is as well maintained as possible. That's because we can't afford to waste any land.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Road_towards_Houten.JPG

Check this map (http://www.bestcountryreports.com/Population_Map_Netherlands.html)- just for the heck of it.

Óttar
10-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Damn. They don't have a Youtube video for Boyd Rice's song "Race Riot" (which has a version of a Chopin tune in the background.) It's about an attempt by the government to ease racial tensions by organising a pan-racial picnic.

I like the part where he says "the blacks got so angry they destroyed their own picnic area..." :D and then 'the white people got angry because there were so damned many yellow people.'

The Dalai Lama said about overpopulation: "Buddhism teaches that everyone is a special being, but the problem is, you see, too many special beings." :D

Adalwulf
10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Would not a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 be a better situation (for Dutch example) ?

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Would not a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 be a better situation (for Dutch example) ?
Nope. 2 would do if we could bring the population back to 8.5/ 9 million. The density would then be good enough to sustain our economy and live in a more healthy country.
The answer (for this country) is a stable population- not a growing population.

Hrolf Kraki
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Personally, I support Absinthe's ideas to use the homeless (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118793&postcount=55) and unwed mothers (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118798&postcount=60) as biofuel. It's win/win getting rid of the parasites and we reduce our dependence on oil. It's a green energy movement and is probably carbon neutral. And fat people, they're full of hydrocarbons!

That's why I love Absinthe. :D

I'm so tired of paying to support those who aren't responsible enough to care for themselves. They ought to be allowed to starve and then we can use their bodies for fuel.

Absinthe
10-21-2009, 10:01 PM
You did detect the sarcasm in my posts, right? :icon_ask:

Atlas
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Maybe he's just putting more sarcasm out of your own ?

Absinthe
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Maybe he's just putting more sarcasm out of your own ?
One can never be sure these days...

Hrolf Kraki
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM

Sarcasm? What's that? :p

Ulf
10-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Did you detect any in mine? ;)

Bridie
10-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Sarcasm is often just a mask used to avoid taking responsibility for one's own true beliefs. "I was just being sarcastic" is a convenient excuse.

I'm so tired of paying to support those who aren't responsible enough to care for themselves."Unwed mothers" not only have to take full responsibility to care for themselves, but also to care for and sustain the lives of other little people.

If any of you could know what I have to go through in a day, the obstacles I constantly have to overcome, the sacrifices I have to make, always alone, you would understand how I could find it so offensive for single mums to lumped into the category of "scum".

SwordoftheVistula
10-22-2009, 05:20 AM

That's the key. If your goal is to turn America into a land of densely populated metropolises that are entirely dependent on foreign trade for their food supply (*cough* Japan *cough*), then, sure, the US could stand some more people. However, if we're to maintain the rural agrarian core of America that (in my eyes) really defines the Folk-soul of our nation, then we must stem the growth.

Come to think of it, I don't really mind the 'deindustrialization of America'. I'd rather produce and export food and import plastic crap than produce and export plastic crap and import food.

Depends. There's 'exceeds comfort level', like lawspeaker was talking about, which is simply 'too many people congregated too closely together. However, many people actually enjoy living in cities, and 'too crowded for comfort level' isn't really a concern other than for northern European peoples.

Then there's 'inability to support the population size given the available resources', as we see especially Africa. Quality of 'human capital' is especially lacking in these areas, and this is why a Hong Kong, Singapore, or Luxemburg can survive while a Sudan or Ethiopia starves. You can support far more people if you invent, build and maintain things like harvesting combines, nuclear power plants, and frigerated trains than if you can't manage much more than hunting and simple subsistence farming.

What if you had a child and a vaccination would save its life? Or your own? I see your point but I can't agree. If we were to knock out vaccinations that mid as well be a domino affect and knock out all study of medicine. No cancer survivors, etc? No way!

How about the countries which invent and produce the vaccinnes get to use them, and the others don't? At least not unless they offer something in return.

Lulletje Rozewater
10-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Sarcasm? What's that? :p

The least of human intelligence,but ooohhh ssoooo wonderful

Adalwulf
10-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Nope. 2 would do if we could bring the population back to 8.5/ 9 million. The density would then be good enough to sustain our economy and live in a more healthy country.
The answer (for this country) is a stable population- not a growing population.
You mention having to remove the recent immigrants to do this first.

Who exactly is going to do that in the future? All the elderly people?

Aemma
10-22-2009, 02:28 PM
When any given society reaches population levels that are becoming too large , I believe they should implement a "zero population" policy. The idea is that each couple will be allowed a male and female offspring, but no more. You are only replacing the current population, you aren't adding to it.

This would be the more natural process and solution.

Adalwulf
10-22-2009, 07:35 PM
No!

Christian child's fund should instead expliot idiots and wait until it is to the point of no repair. Do not forget to let them give most of the money to warlords, either. Disagree and ur wastist.

The Lawspeaker
10-23-2009, 03:00 AM
You mention having to remove the recent immigrants to do this first.

Who exactly is going to do that in the future? All the elderly people?
That's exactly why we can't afford to wait.:coffee:

Rochefaton
10-24-2009, 03:25 AM

Yes, that is why I said "let nature". It is definitely a solution, but it would make for a miserable existence.