PDA

View Full Version : Can a person who has a few Mideast segments in a Dr. Mcdonald chromosome painting still be German?

Sehnsucht
10-15-2013, 12:51 AM
My aunt's chromosome painting from dr Mcdonald came back with some of those damned purplish or whatever color they are Mideastern segments, so I can't proudly proclaim a 100% European painting from Dr Mcdonald's analysis.:( And I know it is coming from my maternal grandfathers side who is supposedly 100% German because they don't show up in my grandmother's chromosome painting. But I think the doctor also said that scoring some Mideastern is somewhat normal for Europeans, it's ancient DNA showing up or something like that. Yet not every European whose results I have seen has Mideastern segments in their chromosome painting so there must be a reason why some do and some dont.

So anyway, I know that if he were to be tested my maternal grandfather would show at least as much Mideastern in his chromosome painting as my aunt, if not more. But there is probably also a lot more European than Mideastern in his painting, I would guess. So the question that remains is, could my maternal grandfather still be accepted as German if he has a chromosome painting like my aunts?

Neanderthal
10-15-2013, 12:54 AM
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w390/sarcastichashtags/NO-Meme.jpg

Genn
10-15-2013, 06:13 PM
My aunt's chromosome painting from dr Mcdonald came back with some of those damned purplish or whatever color they are Mideastern segments, so I can't proudly proclaim a 100% European painting from Dr Mcdonald's analysis.:(

...lol

randomguy1235
10-15-2013, 06:22 PM
My aunt's chromosome painting from dr Mcdonald came back with some of those damned purplish or whatever color they are Mideastern segments, so I can't proudly proclaim a 100% European painting.....

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4630753338458905&pid=15.1

Jackson
10-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes, but not 100% of course. Even if you are 95% German, that's still an overwhelmingly vast majority of German ancestry.

MfA_
10-15-2013, 06:24 PM
welcome to the tribe bro

http://hughpope.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/hugh-pope-petra-1964.jpg

Gaston
10-15-2013, 07:49 PM
With these Mid East segments, you aren't pure German/European and cannot claim to be just German. You have to claim Middle Eastern ancestry too.

Insuperable
10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
With these Mid East segments, you aren't pure German/European and cannot claim to be just German. You have to claim Middle Eastern ancestry too.

What do you mean he can't claim to be pure European/(German)? He scores ME segments because of his possible non-German ancestry which might be some other potentially, southern European ethnicity which gets on McDonald some ME.
This segments might be older than ethncities so in the end it is kinda funny to say he isn't fully European.

Gaston
10-15-2013, 08:54 PM
What do you mean he can't claim to be pure European/(German)? He scores ME segments because of his possible non-German ancestry which might be some other potentially, southern European ethnicity which gets on McDonald some ME.
This segments might be older than ethncities so in the end it is kinda funny to say he isn't fully European.

I am smarter than that. I am basically making fun of him.

And BTW, McDonald often changes his test and his chromosome painting: sometimes, it's eurocentric and gives some Euros a 100% red painting and sometimes it gives everybody Mid East segments.

Genn
10-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Just read OP's post in the "Ancestry.com vs 23andme" topic on 23andMe...

Europe 98% (Oh noes, this is bad only 98%??? NOOOOOOO!!!!)

[...]

It looks like these results prove once again that I'm not beautiful and can't be a member of the German 100% Euro club.

"Oh no, my racial purity!"

Delicious tears.

Sehnsucht
02-16-2014, 12:42 AM
People we really have to dump this notion that one has to be "racially pure" to be accepted as German. Because it's really stupid.

One can most certainly be German and also have distent Middle Eastern ancestry at the same time that shows up on the admixture tests. It's usually ancient ancestry.

Obviously, one cannot be fully 100% German if they have a certain percentage of foreign ancestry, but just being mixed somewhat with a foreign ancestry doesn't "negate" the other German part. Especially if the mixture took place several generations back in time.

Jackson
02-16-2014, 12:51 AM
People we really have to dump this notion that one has to be "racially pure" to be accepted as German. Because it's really stupid.

One can most certainly be German and also have distent Middle Eastern ancestry at the same time that shows up on the admixture tests. It's usually ancient ancestry.

Obviously, one cannot be fully 100% German if they have a certain percentage of foreign ancestry, but just being mixed somewhat with a foreign ancestry doesn't "negate" the other German part. Especially if the mixture took place several generations back in time.

Yep.

Well you have to remember that, even in a speculative example, if you are 97% of one ancestry and 3% of another, despite that 3% ancestry from a particular group, you still share the rest of it with a particular group.