PDA

View Full Version : Did you meet any your FF/FTDNA ?th Cousin face to face after match?

Jonik
10-16-2013, 02:51 AM
I did. Same city where I am live now. All her 4G-parents were born in Lithuania, her parents and she were born in the US. She is my 4th Cousin-Remote Cousin. Nice person.
Please, tell us your story!

Maleficent
10-16-2013, 03:03 AM
I am friends on Facebook with quite a few of my 23andme matches and I have chatted with them quite a bit. Does that count?! The closest match out of all these people is a 3rd cousin once removed. I most likely will meet some of these people in person someday. :)

Jonik
10-16-2013, 03:16 AM
I am friends on Facebook with quite a few of my 23andme matches and I have chatted with them quite a bit. Does that count?! The closest match out of all these people is a 3rd cousin once removed. I most likely will meet some of these people in person someday. :)
I am sorry but unfortunately for you answer should be "NO" at least for today (before "in person someday").

Skywalker
10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes though he is predicted 5th cousin remote, we met for coffee. He and my family had all been born in the same small town. He is all Lithuanian and my father's father was Lithuanian/Polish so we know we must be related on this line. The connection is obviously pretty far back so I'm not sure that we will figure it out. It was still pretty intriguing that we had all been born in the same small town. He is a very nice man, and we do keep in touch via email. He lives in a different state now, not too far from me. He still has closely related family in the area that I live. I definitely consider him to be part of my family now.

Jonik
10-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Yes though he is predicted 5th cousin remote, we met for coffee. He and my family had all been born in the same small town. He is all Lithuanian and my father's father was Lithuanian/Polish so we know we must be related on this line. The connection is obviously pretty far back so I'm not sure that we will figure it out. It was still pretty intriguing that we had all been born in the same small town. He is a very nice man, and we do keep in touch via email. He lives in a different state now, not too far from me. He still has closely related family in the area that I live. I definitely consider him to be part of my family now.

This is so nice!
Is it this city are you mentioned (just guessing): http://goo.gl/maps/NNh5a

Skywalker
10-18-2013, 05:50 AM
This is so nice!
Is it this city are you mentioned (just guessing): http://goo.gl/maps/NNh5a
Thank you. It is nice I am glad to have made the connection. Oh I wish I could pin down which city, town, village over the big pond for my father's family in Lithuania. And then to think about changing borders in the area. Funny though I have wondered if that could be the village, interesting that you would choose that one! We were all born in a small town in the United States.

Jonik
10-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Thank you. It is nice I am glad to have made the connection. Oh I wish I could pin down which city, town, village over the big pond for my father's family in Lithuania. And then to think about changing borders in the area. Funny though I have wondered if that could be the village, interesting that you would choose that one! We were all born in a small town in the United States.

Thank you A** for your answer and sorry for my mistake.