PDA

View Full Version : How would you compare the most frequent or prominent Armenian phenotype to that of the Kurds?

Veritator
10-16-2013, 04:44 AM
You are welcome to post photos representing what you consider to be the average or most common phenotype of Armenians and Kurds.

Sikeliot
10-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Kurds look much more Iranic, and basically similar to Persians. Armenians look more Mesopotamian, like Assyrians, and have some degree of similarity to Levantine populations.

daedal1
10-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Kurds look much more Iranic, and basically similar to Persians. Armenians look more Mesopotamian, like Assyrians, and have some degree of similarity to Levantine populations.

A lot of Armenians can look Iranic, but Armenians still look more 'northern' than Assyrians and also Kurds on average. They don't look that much different from Azeris (except that they have a more semitic-like look, while azeris are more iranic, but there are also iranic-looking armos), who are more 'northern' Iranians, because they both share a similar west asian component. Assyrians look about equally northern as kurds/iranians.

Azamat
10-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Vastly distinct. Armenoids and Iranids really are different on all levels(most importantly being cephalic index, and prognathism differences), and the Kurds whose racial type does fall under Armenoid still usually have some features to distinguish them from typical Armenians. I know there are some people out there who've said Kurds and Armenians overlap, and I really have no idea how they could have drawn that conclusion.

A lot of your posts about Armenians also seem to relate Kurds in one way or another. Why is that? On AnthroScape I already caught you bullshitting once, so please do take my advice and listen to what those with some knowledge of the topic at hand have to say.

A lot of Armenians can look Iranic, but Armenians still look more 'northern' than Assyrians and also Kurds on average.What is your measure of 'northern looking'?

IMO Armenians look more European-shifted than Kurds and Assyrians do, but this has more to do with features than pigmentation.

daedal1
10-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Vastly distinct. Armenoids and Iranids really are different on all levels, and the Kurds whose racial type does fall under Armenoid still usually have some features to distinguish them from typical Armenians.

What is your measure of 'northern looking'?

IMO Armenians look more European-shifted than Kurds and Assyrians do, but this has more to do with features than pigmentation.

Armenians have more pseudo-northern caucasian looking individuals, and slightly more caucasus influences, but otherwise, they are basically genetically identical to Assyrians.