PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Choose....

Oresai
12-30-2008, 05:13 AM
To reshape who you are, or your life....

Things like, if you could choose your own real life name, what would it be?
If you could choose your ideal age, what would it be?
What about your nationality? I`m guessing most of us are happy with that, but have you ever had a hankering to be anything different?
If you could choose to undo one mistake you made in life, what would it be, and why?

Suppose I should input :D
My real life name is Patricia. I hate it, always have.
I always liked the name Astrid, but would also like to have been called Mhairi, a Gaelic name. :)
Ideal age? Well, if I could turn the clock back to being 25 but with all the life experience I have had still in place...;)
Am happy with my nationality though wouldn`t mind being Norwegian or fully Swedish.
Got lots of mistakes I would rectify! But leaving aside the most personal and painful, well then, it would be not moving to New Zealand when I had the opportunity. I`d have returned to Scotland, but from what I hear from friends over there, it`s a beautiful place to be, even for a short while. :)

WinterMoon
12-30-2008, 02:34 PM
It's a difficult question, because it is through our past that makes us who we are today. Reshaping the past would mean changing who I am today. It was through some of my biggest mistakes that I gained some of my biggest accomplishments.

One thing I never liked is that my name is too common. Everyone has my name. If it were not so common it wouldn't bother me. Instead, I have given my children unusual names.

If I could turn back the clock to any age, and still have all the knowledge I have today, I'd probably go back to 12...... of course, the big challenge would be deciding whether to make the same mistakes or not, knowing what came from them. I would make them, some of them, but attempt to manipulate the experience, so that the same outcome could be achieved without as much pain in the process.

Lady L
01-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Well, I wouldn't change my race! :tongue Thats a for sure! I like my red hair and fair skin, so I'll keep those things. I hated my name as a child, even though it was more rare than most names. Now, I realize no other name would fit me...I am definitely a Jodie ....:D My mom told me years ago she was considering the names Jennifer and Tiffany...:eek: The name Tiffany made me want to puke! No offense if thats anyones name here...:D Luckily my parents had a deal toward my birth that if it was a girl my dad would name and if it was a boy my mom would. Little did they know they had two girls to name. So we became Jodie Leigh and Jolene by my dads decision. :)

I don't think I would change my age because well, I would end up back at 27 anyhow so....

If I could change things in my life which is funny because I said this out loud earlier to someone which led me to answer this thread...they would be as follows

1) I would of never picked up cigarette smoking.
2) I would of never tried drugs.
3) I would not of gotten my tubes tied. ( donations anyone..? ) :D Some where in the future I would like to have that reversed. :)

So, off the top of my head thats what I would do differently. But, I can say I will live with no regrets.

Soldier of Wodann
01-08-2009, 01:14 AM
I'd change my name to Wilhelm Maximus Faust the DCLXVI of Hyperborea

;)

Ulf
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I'd change nothing.

Baron Samedi
01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh jeez.... My lack of initiative some days, probably.

That and I would be a werewolf. Hahahaha!

TheOldNorth
02-24-2019, 05:37 AM
To reshape who you are, or your life....

Things like, if you could choose your own real life name, what would it be?
If you could choose your ideal age, what would it be?
What about your nationality? I`m guessing most of us are happy with that, but have you ever had a hankering to be anything different?
If you could choose to undo one mistake you made in life, what would it be, and why?

Suppose I should input :D
My real life name is Patricia. I hate it, always have.
I always liked the name Astrid, but would also like to have been called Mhairi, a Gaelic name. :)
Ideal age? Well, if I could turn the clock back to being 25 but with all the life experience I have had still in place...;)
Am happy with my nationality though wouldn`t mind being Norwegian or fully Swedish.
Got lots of mistakes I would rectify! But leaving aside the most personal and painful, well then, it would be not moving to New Zealand when I had the opportunity. I`d have returned to Scotland, but from what I hear from friends over there, it`s a beautiful place to be, even for a short while. :)

I'd be a broadly british mutt (anglo-celtic) with a welsh first name like Owen & maybe a scottish last name like Campbell. Even though in reality I am part celtic, & part English, I'd like to be completely both, as I'm very prideful of the two. My first name is Hebrew & my last name is Danish, which I can except, but it doesn't represent me per say...