PDA

View Full Version : How Girls Fool You With Makeup

Kazimiera
10-17-2013, 02:41 AM
How Girls Fool You With Makeup

The Ugly Truth

One day you're going to wake up and look at the person next you and wonder, "who is she, and why is she wearing my girlfriend's shirt"? Suddenly, the person you fell in love with is someone else. When that day comes, brace yourself for a secret so big, it has the potential to destroy the world as we know it: The face you thought you knew is actually just a mask.

Makeup is a ubiquitous part of our culture, and almost all women try and improve their looks with concealer, eyeshadow, foundation, and blush. Makeup isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can be used as an artistic expression, but sometimes it can also be used as a tool of deception.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/47d2b10054aff3be4ceae4e8a3b2ed65.600x

They're All In On it

We're not exactly sure when it happened, but we're pretty sure that sometime not too long ago, the women of the world held a meeting. In that meeting, it was decided, among other things, that for the sake of humanity, disguising themselves as someone else was the only way to save the world.

Take this girl, for example, she is clearly trying to hide her identity. The left side of her face looks like a completely different person than the right. What type of wizardry is this?

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/35cd6e06efa1beae63d6e603aad6ac42.600x

Is It Even The Same Person?

You've been set up on a blind date, so all you know about this person is what you're seeing before you for the first time. She's wearing her best dress, and spent about 2.5 hours getting ready for the big night. Sure, she looks good, but is it even her you're looking at?

Okay, let's get one thing straight here: this girl does not look bad without makeup. But even so, it seems like there is some misrepresentation going on here. Rather than highlighting her natural features, she seems to be burying them all under a thick layer of foundation.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/16c74e75ea70f7b9a9db7d30b46db8c6.600x

If Not Her, Then Who?

No, it's definitely not her you're talking to. That person is back at home, watching Sex & The City reruns in her pj's. The person you see in front of you is only a figment of her imagination. This painted doll you see is only what she's been conditioned to think real beauty is.

Do you think this girl's rough and irritated-looking skin could be a result of all the pore-clogging makeup she applies to transform her appearance? These images present a sort of chicken-or-egg dilemma: do people with bad skin wear makeup or does makeup give people bad skin? We're guessing it's a combination of both.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/bd7143c62e1a7b9c1dc7426bbfb2a1d1.600x

Is It That Big Of A Deal?

It doesn't have to be. If you can tolerate the duality behind the person you spend most of your time with, go right ahead. Although looking back at old family photos might be a little awkward. “OH JESUS CHRIST WHO’S THAT UGGO??” . . . “Oh, sorry honey”

We actually think this girl looked a lot better before she applied the makeup. She had clear, soft skin, a pretty face, and her light freckles gave her some real character. Her post-makeup picture makes her look like a real life CGI character.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/4773c1e6ce2511537a707ff72748d4c6.600x

Can You Even See?

Ok, you're blind. What else have you been lying about? Is that even your nose? Is your hairline different somehow? Your ears are lower, aren't they? Fake lips? Are you colorblind, have you been lying about loving me in my blue sweater? DO YOU EVEN LOVE ME?

What's striking here is that this woman's skin appears to have entirely changed shades. She went from having a natural skin tone on the left to more of a guido-y orange glow on the right. We think she would look good with a little bit of makeup, somewhere between these two extremes.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/163a00f997b66bcb3a4d4f1e4f624611.600x

Ehhh, Eyes Much?

The problem with this look is that she's no longer the same person. Hell, it's unclear if she recognizes herself. Isn't makeup suppose to be about accenting your existing features? When you go to such great lengths to completely alter your appearance, you're not sending a very positive message about your self esteem.

These big-eye contacts have become popular in some parts of Asia, they make her pupils and irises look about twice the size that they were originally. We think this cartoon character look is a bit over the top.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/c2c3009501835fcc0e1ee9dd85a223d9.600x

The Hollywood Addiction

Hollywood's obsession with beauty is no secret, so you should keep that in mind the next time you're gawking at your favorite celeb. Even some of the most beautiful women on the planet aren't polished enough for the silver screen. They too undergo transformations to go from average Jane's to sensual vixens. At least in this case it's supposed to be fake.

Look at this before-and-after picture of Eva Longoria. She was really pretty without the Hollywood makeup, sure, but she still looks like an entirely different person, no? The lashes and eyeliner really transform her.

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/ae255f1a39561adad03d6e7bc72e1d81.600x

Wait, So How Old?

One of the greatest lies that makeup hides is of course, a woman's age. It's no secret the as we get older, we sometimes feel uncomfortable about revealing our true age. Well, makeup allows women to let their face do the talking. The next time you find yourself on a blind date, don't be surprised if she's +10 years older than she's leading on. It's just not fair.

Of course, it's also just not fair to women that our society puts so much emphasis on their youth. Older men seem to get a pass as being more distinguished and handsome, but as women age their dating pool seems to shrink.

http://dsjvpv76ko1eo.cloudfront.net/uimg/c4c606f6c79be56db206f8dd4cddddd8.600x

Maybe Too Young?

Some women use makeup to go from 40 to 30, but sometimes the look is little too young, in an almost creepy way. Grown adults shouldn't strive to look like underage children. The rosy cheeks, the bubblegum lipstick, the fruit hairpins, it all creates a look that's disturbingly young. Think of the kind of person you are going to attract, and the message this sends.

It seems like there is a target age for women, and that age is 20-30. Women who are younger than that use makeup to make themselves appear older, while many women over 30 use makeup to use younger.

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/5f7851fd470bb75c238e3da8d7984efe.600x

It's Not Just The Face, Hair Too

As if having to deal with make-believe faces wasn't enough, you then come to the realization that her hair might not actually be attached to her scalp. That's right, hair extensions have the ability to transform a woman's look even more. Don't be surprised if you run your fingers through your girlfriend's hair and they get stuck.

It's probably all for the best though, maintaining hair like this girl has in the picture on the right would probably take up a lot of time and energy. It's much easier just to take it off at the end of the day.

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/c9203641144e84db750b363b3dcb3efd.600x

Is There A Casual Look?

Something that's often overlooked with these glam makeovers is that there's very little room for casual looks. If you're going out for the night no one will question your long lashes and bright mascara, but do you really want all of these layers while you're sweating at the gym? You're going to have a real tough time trying to keep this up during down times.

A happy medium would probably work best to keep up appearances. This girl's makeup cancels out her natural dimples and it diminishes the quality of her smile.

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/079804c6256c7377814ce8baa92efaf1.600x

The Process

One of the major drawbacks to the face transformation is of course time. On a daily basis, these lengthy procedures can start consuming your life. How many of us actually have the time to give ourselves a makeover every morning? If you do, then we recommend you pick up a hobby or two. Moreover, what happens when you have to do something unexpectedly? The tricky thing is, once you commit to taking on a new persona, you more or less have to stick with it.

A girl who has to create this look before leaving the house can't be spontaneous and impulsive; every day's activities must be planned hours in advance. It must be a very frustrating existence to live like this.

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/25aa24d2b25aec07f3ac92a70e54e7cb.600x

Where Did She Go?

Unlike other cases where makeup is used to change the features on a face, here we have someone who started out with a blank canvas and created the illusion of features. The transformation is quite startling, and certainly understandable. Nonetheless, there's still an element of deceit. When we see someone for the first time, and we feel an attraction towards them, we shouldn't have to ask ourselves if they're in fact not the person we're seeing, regardless of our insecurities.

With only half her face made up, the contrast is startling, she looks like some kind of space mutant. It's hard to tell what she would look like either with or without makeup based on this half-and-half picture, but we bet she looks great in either case. Why not choose the look that doesn't take up hours of your life every day?

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/6d847bd34e7cfad06f6ff84e4daf47cc.600x

The Final Product

So after the layers of makeup, the lash extensions, the contact lenses, the hair extensions, and hours and hours of work, you're left with a completely different person. Is it that big of a deal? Well, that depends on your personal preference. Still, you should be prepared for the day your partner decides not to wear her mask, it might shock you.

This girl appears to be wearing high-contrast makeup that was made specifically for being photographed; it probably wouldn't look that great in person. Same could be said about her hair, this is all one big set-up for the purpose of a photoshoot.

http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/0e15b608308e294769472f647bbc35da.600x

Source: http://juicytip.com/eyecandy/how-girls-fool-you-with-makeup?utm_term=widget:ad_page_desktop:&page=15

Aerin
10-17-2013, 02:44 AM
It's true, we all do it. :p

Stormer99
10-17-2013, 02:45 AM
If men are going to have unrealistic standards, they shouldn't blame women for doing this.
They only have themselves to blame. Also, how is someone wearing contacts suddenly "lying"?
Her eyes should never be properly seen just because she has a vision problem?

Stormer99
I do think the women look fake though and it's a bad thing because then the world expects everyone to do their makeup like that :rolleyes:

SobieskisavedEurope
The Asians seem to be the biggest transformation offenders.

Kazimiera
10-17-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't do make-up at all. Not even a little bit.

Stormer99
10-17-2013, 02:50 AM
The Asians seem to be the biggest transformation offenders.

Yep and people are SO easily fooled :picard2:
They do it because they are desperate for white men.

KidMulat
Personally most men are completely unaware about these sort of things stating they like girls "natural" without recognizing there are women willing to go to great lengths to look as little done as possible.

I mean honestly when a guy tells a girl "I like you natural" does he really mean he wants to feel stubble on you legs and wisps on you upper lips, greasy hair bangs and for those with skin problems the skin masks applied to your face needed to clear problematic skin? What about curlers in their hair or the bloated look some get during a period?

To me its a double standard.

Mark

And you still manage to look very good.

KidMulat
10-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Also all the hype is really just an improvement in airbrush application, highlighting and lowlighting!

SobieskisavedEurope
10-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Yep and people are SO easily fooled :picard2:
They do it because they are desperate for white men.

LOL!
A lot of Asian women do seem to be desperate for white men!

Skerdilaid
10-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Get in and get out:cool:

Tropico
10-17-2013, 03:09 AM
And that's why I go for girls who wear little to no makeup. Luckily in college girls slack a lot on dressing nice and makeup so you see who's actually a 10 and who's a -5.

amerinese
10-17-2013, 03:12 AM

:thumb001:

My wife rarely wears makeup, and when she does, she never wears foundation or any of that goop, just some neutral colored lipstick and eyeliner.

She's in her late 30's and still gets her ID checked when she tries to buy booze.

Incal
10-17-2013, 03:38 AM
I don't know about the rest, but none of the women posted on the OT could fool me, with or without makeup.

amerinese
10-17-2013, 03:41 AM
I don't know about the rest, but none of the women posted on the OT could fool me, with or without makeup.

"See a big ass, and I say 'Word!', took a look at the face, and the bitch was to the curb"...

Aurora
10-17-2013, 03:44 AM

Same here:) au naturel.

KidMulat
10-17-2013, 03:50 AM
The artificial can be quite beautiful, we as a species have never been one to look underdone.

Modification is innately connected to human aesthetics; I would go so far as to say we are biologically wired to be "tricked".

Maleficent
10-21-2013, 04:06 AM
I don't wear make-up everyday and when I do it's just lipstick and eyeliner, nothing else. Maybe a little blush. Sometimes I'll wear a tinted moisturizer, I never wear any foundation or concealer. I agree that it's ridiculous seeing all these idiotic women wearing a full-face of caked on make-up every singe day.....

arcticwolf
10-21-2013, 04:10 AM
Damn con artists! Thank God there is alcohol to "beautify" just about anything! :P

armenianbodyhair
10-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Only wear extremely light eye makeup and no eye shadow. I wear lip gloss too. That's it. I hate the way makeup feels on my skin.

robar
10-21-2013, 04:15 AM
There isn't an ugly woman in the World just not enough booze:thumb001:

alfieb
10-21-2013, 04:17 AM
If men are going to have unrealistic standards, they shouldn't blame women for doing this.
They only have themselves to blame. Also, how is someone wearing contacts suddenly "lying"?
Her eyes should never be properly seen just because she has a vision problem?

Uh, I think the problem is with cosmetic contacts. Girls who wear contacts that make their eyes look bigger, or change the color.

My sister wears purple contact lenses. I think that's retarded, but it's her life.

Atlantic Islander
10-21-2013, 04:19 AM
I don't wear much make-up, so it's not an issue for me.

Atlantic Islander
10-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Do you think this girl's rough and irritated-looking skin could be a result of all the pore-clogging makeup she applies to transform her appearance? These images present a sort of chicken-or-egg dilemma: do people with bad skin wear makeup or does makeup give people bad skin? We're guessing it's a combination of both.

I've never once worn foundation or powder because I have good skin, so there's the answer to that imo.

arcticwolf
10-21-2013, 04:24 AM
I don't wear much make-up, so it's not an issue for me.

That's a big plus in my book!

One question, are you as wild as the chick in your avatar? Just curious. :P

Aurora
10-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Some women have features that look good with makeup sometimes. I think women with big eyes look pretty when they wear eye liner on top lids and some mascara. Light blush can look pretty, especially if you have high cheek bones or large cheeks. Makeup does not make my features look good. I have pretty heavy hooded eyes, so wearing anything on top is pointless, because you cannot see it. I am blonde and so are my eyelashes so if I wear mascara it looks stupid because it does not match my hair color. I like blush, but I don't wear it. My cheeks stay naturally pink. My skin is in good shape so I don't wear concealer. Wearing concealer does seem like a vicious cycle. I see so many women who look like clowns because of the loads of makeup they wear and to make it worse they do not know how to properly apply the stuff. I always think they'd look so much prettier without it.

iNird
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Only wear extremely light eye makeup and no eye shadow. I wear lip gloss too. That's it. I hate the way makeup feels on my skin.

All women say this.

"I don't wear much makeup" blahblahblah

:D

dralos
10-21-2013, 05:34 PM
this is scary since now i wont know who is real and who is a hideous mutant???????

iNird
10-21-2013, 05:35 PM
this is scary since now i wont know who is real and who is a hideious mutant???????

I agree brother. Better to stay a virgin.

dralos
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I agree brother. Better to stay a virgin.

shobani atleast you know that your sheep aka lifepartner is real :p

iNird
10-21-2013, 05:39 PM
shobani atleast you know that your sheep aka lifepartner is real :p

Dralos time for you to find a wife in gjakova. Don't be like Don Arb and Skerdi that are to find top quality partner.

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 05:40 PM
I hardly wear makeup but if I do just some mascara and sometimes eyeliner if there is an occasion. I can't bother to apply makeup on my face everyday.

dralos
10-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Dralos time for you to find a wife in gjakova. Don't be like Don Arb and Skerdi that are to find top quality partner.

they wont find them in apricity :p

iNird
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM
I hardly wear makeup but if I do just some mascara and sometimes eyeliner if there is an occasion. I can't bother to apply makeup on my face everyday.

What's the point of wearing makeup if you wear a headscarf?

dralos
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM
all girls that say i hardly wear makeup are big fat liars

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 05:42 PM
What's the point of wearing makeup if you wear a headscarf?

Exactly thats why I usually don't anyway.

Jackson
Light make-up is good, i don't see anything wrong with a woman toning down some of the things she thinks will make her less attractive, but it's when people go crazy with it that it's kind of disturbing. You know sometimes you see those girls with very heavy make-up and you know that they are unattractive underneath. Whereas many girls who apply very little make-up, can still be very attractive without looking like a painting with make-up on and naturally unattractive with it off. But yeah definitely natural beauty is much more attractive.

Dandelion
TA-women all look prettier with AND without make-up.

dralos
10-21-2013, 05:43 PM
to attract guys like them
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wOlBFl7wnkw/UFdFb8xirHI/AAAAAAAAEWQ/sGE2BNjpEME/s400/Fanatic%2BMuslims.jpg

Neanderthal
10-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Girls in the pictures look like trannies.

iNird
10-21-2013, 05:44 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wOlBFl7wnkw/UFdFb8xirHI/AAAAAAAAEWQ/sGE2BNjpEME/s400/Fanatic%2BMuslims.jpg

Guys like them are attracted easily to a little bit of skin :p.

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM

I don't need to attract anyone cause Im not desperate like your sorry ass. If my goal in life was to attract men I would not become religious in the first place.

StonyArabia
10-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Little as possible is much better. I think looking natural is the best thing. To much makeup does not make you look good at all, it creates the opposite rather.

cally
10-21-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't understand girls who wear so much make-up on a daily basis. I like to wear make-up on special occasions so I look "extra special". I would hate it if that was the norm for me.

Didriksson
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
This is extreme!

Jackson
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM
This is extreme!

In the UK you see people everyday who look like plaster-casts of themselves lol. :(

Equilibrium
10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Here is a gallery of porn actresses before and after applying make-up.. :eek:

http://imgur.com/a/ynkv8?gallery

An example.. rought stuff

http://i.imgur.com/JCiEb8d.jpg

dralos
10-21-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't need to attract anyone cause Im not desperate like your sorry ass. If my goal in life was to attract men I would not become religious in the first place.
you became religious since you werent getting any and now you combined the scarf with makeup and attract those guys
you know i'm right honey

Didriksson
10-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Oh gosh...

armenianbodyhair
10-21-2013, 05:59 PM
All women say this.

"I don't wear much makeup" blahblahblah

Yeah except I've posted pictures which prove it. :thumb001:

larali
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I want to know what kind of makeup the girls in OP use.... this stuff from the drugstore ain't cutting it....

La Misse
Intresting thread :)

But the photos that Kazimiera posted are not usual. That's obviously a makeup artist's work.
It's hard to do it yourself, maybe impossible....

In my opinion girls do not change a lot when they use makeup. There are even females who look much better natural than with makeup.

I don't use much makeup. :) only some face powder nothing else.

http://www.thebodyshop.com/images/product/large/9911m_l.jpg

alfieb
you became religious since you werent getting any and now you combined the scarf with makeup and attract those guys
you know i'm right honey
Nah, she's not ugly, and she's originally from Brooklyn. There's 8 million people in New York City. She'd have no trouble at all getting a guy here. She's a real Muslim. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to one's own discretion.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Now I dare you women, post a picture of yourself with no make up! I'm sure you look hotter than any of those models of the OP with their make up on.

Equilibrium
I want to know what kind of makeup the girls in OP use.... this stuff from the drugstore ain't cutting it....

They are using the airbrush ;)

larali
Now I dare you women, post a picture of yourself with no make up!

I will later.

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 06:09 PM
you know i'm right honey
I already said I hardly apply make up, only in occasions and those occasions are not gender mixed.
Regarding attracting the opposite gender, thats not how it goes in our custom and culture. Most of the time someone is the reason for meeting a person suitable to marry. There is no dating or flirting involved. I wouldn't go for someone I randomly met on the street or any other place. We usually marry involving a reference person. And if I am not married till now its because I set my standards a bit too high, I have criterias and if I cant find the criterias I'm looking for in a person then I rather not marry. As I said I'm not desperate, I don't need a guy in my life. If he is really unique then its worth marrying but if not I rather not disturb my perfectly settled and established life.

La Misse
10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
I already said I hardly apply make up, only in occasions and those occasions are not gender mixed.
Regarding attracting the opposite gender, thats not how it goes in our custom and culture. Most of the time someone is the reason for meeting a person suitable to marry. There is no dating or flirting involved. I wouldn't go for someone I randomly met on the street or any other place. We usually marry involving a reference person. And if I am not married till now its because I set my standards a bit too high, I have criterias and if I cant find the criterias I'm looking for in a person then I rather not marry. As I said I'm not desperate, I don't need a guy in my life. If he is really unique then its worth marrying but if not I rather not disturb my perfectly settled and established life.

As i know, turkish and in general all anatolian women use makeup a lot. Also Makeup have origin from Asia.

How are girls in turkey? Natural or Makeup-fake?

randomguy1235
10-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Personally most men are completely unaware about these sort of things stating they like girls "natural" without recognizing there are women willing to go to great lengths to look as little done as possible.

I mean honestly when a guy tells a girl "I like you natural" does he really mean he wants to feel stubble on you legs and wisps on you upper lips, greasy hair bangs and for those with skin problems the skin masks applied to your face needed to clear problematic skin? What about curlers in their hair or the bloated look some get during a period?

To me its a double standard.
No. Hygiene and (necessary) trimming should be expected regardless of the amount of make-up she wears. Male preference for "natural" beauty usually means that we prefer it if women didn't use much make-up at all.

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 06:17 PM
As i know, turkish and in general all anatolian women use makeup a lot. Also Makeup have origin from Asia.

How are girls in turkey? Natural or Makeup-fake?
I don't think Turkish girls use a lot of make up actually. Just light make up like mascara to look fresh. Arabs apply a loooot of make up.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Women in the Classical Era also used arsenic as make-up. Talk about crazy.

La Misse
10-21-2013, 06:20 PM
After watching this video a couple of months ago i was shocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYqrlHqssg

amerinese
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
No. Hygiene and (necessary) trimming should be expected regardless of the amount of make-up she wears. Male preference for "natural" beauty usually means that we prefer it if women didn't use much make-up at all.

This. Of course I don't want a woman who looks like she put Buckwheat in a headlock... or a triangle choke.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM

Well, it depends on with hair that should be trimmed, but I'll try not to go there this time.

This. Of course I don't want a woman who looks like she put Buckwheat in a headlock... or a triangle choke.

I had to look up two new terms. ;)

La Misse
10-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I don't think Turkish girls use a lot of make up actually. Just light make up like mascara to look fresh. Arabs apply a loooot of make up.

Look at the video that i posted. :)

amerinese
10-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Well, it depends on with hair that should be trimmed, but I'll try not to go there this time.

Even if you like bush, or don't mind it, doesn't mean it should never be trimmed.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Even if you like bush, or don't mind it, doesn't mean it should never be trimmed.

Depends on woman to woman in my opinion. Some are naturally not that hairy, others look better with or less bush. This is my humble opinion.

A treasure trail to her navel isn't my thing neither.

StonyArabia
10-21-2013, 06:25 PM
The best make up is from natural resources, such as Khol and redclay but in very limited amount. Other than that makeup makes women look uglier than they are to be honest especially if it's heavy or it shows a lack of confidence.

amerinese
10-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Depends on woman to woman in my opinion. Some are naturally not that hair, others look better with or less bush. This is my humble opinion.

My wife isn't that hairy, but she shaves her legs and trims herself up, not even for me necessarily, but as a cultural habit. Also because we go to a Korean sauna bath where the gender-specific areas are mandatory nudity, and she doesn't want to go around a bunch of naked Korean chicks looking like Chewbacca.

alfieb
10-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Depends on woman to woman in my opinion. Some are naturally not that hairy, others look better with or less bush. This is my humble opinion.

A treasure trail to her navel isn't my thing neither.

Uh, any girl who has so much pubic hair that it can't be contained by her panties has hygiene issues.

randomguy1235

:coffee:...I agree that, on special occasions, they use WAY too much; Normally however, not really.

Dandelion
My wife isn't that hairy, but she shaves her legs and trims herself up, not even for me necessarily, but as a cultural habit. Also because we go to a Korean sauna bath where the gender-specific areas are mandatory nudity, and she doesn't want to go around a bunch of naked Korean chicks looking like Chewbacca.

Individualism is hard to achieve, because it requires undergoing peer judgement.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Uh, any girl who has so much pubic hair that it can't be contained by her panties has hygiene issues.

Respectfully disagree there, even though I understand that a woman wouldn't love wearing a bikini without fixing her bikini line.

This is neither a US vs Europe thing btw.

alfieb
10-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Respectfully disagree there, even though I understand that a woman wouldn't love wearing a bikini without fixing her bikini line.

This is neither a US vs Europe thing btw.

It's a laziness thing.

Having a bush is fine, but if you don't trim it, you're disgusting. Same with uncontrolled arm hair.

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Look at the video that i posted. :)

Yea I was surprised by the transformation but she is not Turkish.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:31 PM
It's a laziness thing.

Having a bush is fine, but if you don't trim it, you're disgusting. Same with uncontrolled arm hair.

Women usually don't grow that much arm hair and if they do it's rarely a turn off.

Even though, even I don't like this:

I'd still do her nonetheless. ;) But she being from India has more than what I'm used to at max.

Rudel
What ?! Women are fooling me ?! Genocide all the women now !

Seriously though, I've never dated women doing make up and I don't hang in the kind of circles where they might be around.
But there's a social stigma associated with "trying to look good by doing too much" here.

alfieb
Women usually don't grow that much arm hair and if they do it's rarely a turn off.

To you and I, but we're not French.

Tchek
10-21-2013, 06:33 PM
http://d1uxo3lrkrg9rh.cloudfront.net/img/35cd6e06efa1beae63d6e603aad6ac42.600x

This girl looks very attractive without makeup

amerinese
10-21-2013, 06:34 PM
I can't stand that bright red lipstick. I think it makes women look cheap. Neutral colors are alright.

orangepulp
10-21-2013, 06:35 PM

Even though, even I don't like this:

I'd still do her nonetheless. ;) But she being from India has more than what I'm used to at max.
OMG! What is that? She should remove it.

Rudel
To you and I, but we're not French.

The amount of hair-trimming/shaving in the French female population is off the charts. As a bush-lover, I'm quite frustrated.

Dandelion
I can't stand that bright red lipstick. I think it makes women look cheap. Neutral colors are alright.

The so-called 'natural look', a style variant of applying make up. Yes, I am the male expert on all things feminine. ;)

The amount of hair-trimming/shaving in the French female population is off the charts. As a bush-lover, I'm quite frustrated.

Yeah. It's an American tongue-in-cheek reaction anyway. :p

Cleitus
10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
:scared:

amerinese
10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
The so-called 'natural look', a style variant of applying make up. Yes, I am the male expert on all things feminine. ;)

Right, make-up, when worn, should complement the natural look of a woman, not make her look like Bozo the Clown.

Herr Abubu
10-21-2013, 06:39 PM

Most of them are at best average, with or without make-up. Some are very pretty, though, in their case they look even better without make-up. Niki Lee Young, Elle Alexandra and Zarina Summers are too pretty to do porn.

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 06:41 PM
OMG! What is that? She should remove it.

Some Mediterranean woman (European and North African) have small amounts of hair on their lower arms. Some darker Western European do as well. I was looking for such an example, then I stumbled upon that picture of that Indian woman (who's pretty phenotype-wise). I agree, it's more than I'm used to.

EDIT: She should do as she pleases. I personally think it makes her less attractive.

Equilibrium
10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Some Mediterrenean woman (European and North African) have small amounts of hair on their lower arms. Some darker Western European do as well. I was looking for such an example, then I stumbled upon that picture of that Indian woman (who's pretty phenotype-wise). I agree, it's more than I'm used to.

EDIT: She should do as she pleases. I personally think it makes her less attractive.

It's not an exclusive Med thing. I've also seen Central-European women with hairy arms. I still remember the arms of that blond Bavarian women that I helped moving out..

amerinese
10-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah, women with blondism (not bottle blondes) have body hair too, it's just harder to see, especially from a distance.

Svipdag
10-21-2013, 07:03 PM
The principle has applied to males, also. In the 16th Century, men wore codpieces padded to simulate perpetual erectioin and exaggerate the wearer's masculine endowment. Now, we've got so prissy about that that even Speedos, the commonest form of men's swimware in the 1940's have been replaced by loose knee-length "shorts", perhaps lest we inspire "penis envy" (?)

"Honi soit qui mal y pense."

Azalea
10-21-2013, 07:08 PM
A lot of the examples in this thread are too extreme.. I know very little people who look that much different without make-up on. But yeah, most women do look better with some make-up on their face.

But anyway, I wear make-up. Eyeliner, mascara & blush. Almost everyday. It makes me look better and I also feel better wearing it. I don't wear foundation or eyeshadow. Foundation is just too much work in the morning and my skin isn't all that bad, I don't think it's necessary. Eyeshadow on the other hand makes me look plain ugly. It just doesn't fit my face and eyes. I guess it's because of my deep-set eyes. Too bad because I really like the smokey eye look (for going out at nights, not everyday).

Blackout
10-21-2013, 07:41 PM
The principle has applied to males, also. In the 16th Century, men wore codpieces padded to simulate perpetual erectioin and exaggerate the wearer's masculine endowment. Now, we've got so prissy about that that even Speedos, the commonest form of men's swimware in the 1940's have been replaced by loose knee-length "shorts", perhaps lest we inspire "penis envy" (?)

"Honi soit qui mal y pense."

Interesting how you managed to find a Latin proverb for this talk of 'Endowment'. http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/tongue_smile.gif

Dandelion
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Interesting how you managed to find a Latin proverb for this talk of 'Endowment'. http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/tongue_smile.gif

It's French for (roughly translated by me) "Shame be upon them who think ill of it".

Virtuous
10-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Usually the girls I am/was attracted to are still beautiful without makeup.

larali
10-21-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't currently have any pics of me without makeup.

I don't wear makeup on a daily basis anymore. When I need to look presentable, I wear about this much:

[img[/img]

I think red lipstick looks good on me, but that's not the case for all women.

alfieb
10-21-2013, 08:09 PM
lol. "When I need to look presentable".

I've always hated that expression, as if who you are isn't good enough for other people. You look just fine. :nod:

larali
10-21-2013, 08:13 PM
lol. "When I need to look presentable".

I've always hated that expression, as if who you are isn't good enough for other people. You look just fine. :nod:

I come from a mom who would not go to the mailbox without her red lipstick, so it's ingrained in me to feel that way ;)

But I've gotten a lot more chill about it, especially when I see all the other lazy women not wearing makeup.

Blackout
10-21-2013, 08:13 PM
It's French for (roughly translated by me) "Shame be upon them who think ill of it".

http://messenger.msn.co.uk/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/thumbs_up.gif

Looking back at it, your right! My fault for not paying attention.

alfieb
10-21-2013, 08:16 PM
I come from a mom who would not go to the mailbox without her red lipstick, so it's ingrained in me to feel that way ;)

But I've gotten a lot more chill about it, especially when I see all the other lazy women not wearing makeup.

Oh, I know what you mean. I could never go anywhere growing up without my mom making me late. She took an hour to get her hair and makeup done, even to just go to the supermarket.

Hàkon
10-21-2013, 08:50 PM
One cannot fully claim that the cosmetics industry is essentially otiose, but it is certainly not one I want to support, or think I need the support of; painted faces are only relevant when the aim is to deceive and trick - suitable in jest.

Besides, I do not trust that these products are harmless to the health of anyone's skin.

larali
10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
That is one way of looking at it, but it boosts confidence. It's no different than getting dressed.

Hàkon
10-21-2013, 09:25 PM
That is one way of looking at it, but it boosts confidence. It's no different than getting dressed.

Dressing as in putting clothes on at all? Then, do you wear cosmetics to keep warm?

dado
10-21-2013, 09:25 PM
little monsters...next time i'll throw her glass of water in a face before aproaching

RussiaPrussia
10-21-2013, 09:29 PM
men = dont need make up and look still decent

Women = without make up look like ugly birds

that just shows men look better than women

larali
10-21-2013, 09:32 PM
If you refer to dressing as in putting clothes on at all; then, do you wear cosmetica to keep warm?

People don't wear clothes to keep warm, except in winter. People wear clothes for many reasons: modesty, to express wealth and status, and sometimes to appear attractive to others. It's a cultural phenomenon. Jewelry is the same.

Personally, I feel much more confident when I'm wearing makeup. People treat me differently too-- they treat me better. I look more awake, fresh and put together. Makeup is a form of communication, just as clothing is. It communicates that you want to be attractive to others and others respond to that subconsciously.

Some people don't like makeup, and that's fine. But when you are old and ugly like me, then you will appreciate having the option to fix yourself up a bit. :D

Pjeter Pan
10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Her eyes should never be properly seen just because she has a vision problem? are you dumb? how is it mens fault.

MarkyMark
10-21-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't know. Most of these women have really bad skin. American girls quite often don't dress up and don't put make up on especially if they are students, and they don't look as bad as these examples.

Pjeter Pan
10-21-2013, 09:38 PM
If I have a daughter she isn't going to use any of that shit. Expect lipstick that's it lol.

Pjeter Pan
10-21-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't know. Most of these women have really bad skin. American girls quite often don't dress up and don't put make up on especially if they are students, and they don't look as bad as these examples.
Exactly here in Canada girls hardly wear makeup and they still look sexy

Trun
10-21-2013, 09:42 PM
If I wear make-up, would I look like a woman?

MarkyMark
10-21-2013, 09:44 PM

You know it babe. :wink

Hàkon
10-21-2013, 09:48 PM
People don't wear clothes to keep warm, except in winter. People wear clothes for many reasons: modesty, to express wealth and status, and sometimes to appear attractive to others. It's a cultural phenomenon. Jewelry is the same.

Naturally, clothes have various functions, but I would still argue that clothes are primarily for keeping warm and keeping safe, then comes group distinction. Other than that, you are correct, I do not argue against it.

I just do not think it is right to collate clothing and cosmetics for the reasons mentioned above.

Loki
10-21-2013, 09:50 PM
They can't fool me. I always look with suspicion on a woman with too much makeup.

FrostDragon
10-21-2013, 10:00 PM
But the most painful part is, some women undergo plastification such as "breast" implants, which is really against my standards of beauty. Stay natural, girls!

bimo
10-21-2013, 10:00 PM

i don't know , go get dressed and wear makeup and try flirt with jizo :rofl_002:

dralos
10-21-2013, 10:03 PM
i would invite you home,sexy bitch

Methusalem
10-21-2013, 11:52 PM
OMG Those examples are shocking. I knew a girl who looked average but once she forgot her make up and she looked like Gollum.

Han Cholo
10-21-2013, 11:55 PM
The best way of seeing if a girl is hot without make up is to throw up a bucket of water to her face or invite her to a pool party (and of course make sure she enters the pool) You decide which one is easier for you.

Methusalem
10-21-2013, 11:58 PM
The best way of seeing if a girl is hot without make up is to throw up a bucket of water to her face or invite her to a pool party (and of course make sure she enters the pool) You decide which one is easier for you.

That's way better....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/Wasserwerfer.jpg

Melina
10-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Makeup is ok to go out in parties and stuff, but sometimes it is best to let your pores breath from all those harsh chemicals.

Svipdag
10-22-2013, 03:36 AM

That's simple; it's not Latin, it's French . (The motto of the Order of the Garter)

Herr Abubu
10-22-2013, 05:52 AM
If only they could fool me to think they have a frontal lobe.

Mason8
10-22-2013, 05:43 PM
какая неожиданная новость :rotfl
для тех кто вчера впервые попал в интернет.
Но студентам боятся нечего, потому что у студенток нет денег на профессионального косметолога, а все остальное с легкостью сглаживается пивасиком и водочкой :rotfl

Azalea
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
That's way better....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/Wasserwerfer.jpg

Good quality waterproof make-up will overcome even this water cannon. :laugh:

bot
11-09-2013, 04:51 AM
How Girls Fool You With Makeup

The Ugly Truth

One day you're going to wake up and look at the person next you and wonder, "who is she, and why is she wearing my girlfriend's shirt"? Suddenly, the person you fell in love with is someone else. When that day comes, brace yourself for a secret so big, it has the potential to destroy the world as we know it: The face you thought you knew is actually just a mask.

Not with my Fàkon it wasn't. The only thing with her is that she looks more innocent on video cam than in those camera phone pictures.

Her morning face was the best. I'd tell her but she can't take compliments.

I can relate. I was made fun of as a young bot, people would throw food at me and flush my belongings down the toilet. Now when someone compliments me I have suspicions that they are making fun.

She thinks the same about herself believing she's an ugly duckling when everybody tells her she's a beautiful swan. She thinks they're making fun of her. Poor ducky.

She says it bothers her but maybe she just says that so people will reassure her more? She's a sneaky one but still I have to believe her and give her the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand I guess it's tough for chicks, for example, getting the same old lines over and over. When a genuine person with no agenda compliments you guys it has a bad effect cause of all the douchebags and their douchebag ways ruining it for the rest of us bots. Us smarter bots have to get more creative.

However, even when it's 100% sincere and truthful it can get quite nauseating after a while just from hearing it so many times.

I should know.

"sexbot you're like the best ever" "sexbot will you marry me" "sexbot you are so fucking gorgeous" "sexbot i wanna have your babies" "sexbot i want you to be my first" "sexbot you are the sexiest"

bla bla bla...

I don't need anyone to tell me what I already know.

Anyway, Fàkon is gone and she left because of her cold-hearted evil twin who has almost the same name, and now I'm stuck staring at this damn cello she left behind and crying everyday.

She also forgot her dirty laundry but unfortunately this bot has yet to have olfaction sensors installed or I'd be all up in that *sniff* *sniffing*.

I probably shouldn't have told you that but then again the bot has little shame and plenty of apathy for what most people think.

*sniff* *sniff*

beep

Funda
02-23-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm terrible with make-up, so I don't use it :P

TheBlondeSalad
02-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Most of them look like drag queens in the after pics :eek:

GrebluBro
02-23-2014, 12:24 AM
I want natural piece only :laugh:

Mortimer
02-23-2014, 12:40 AM
women look a little better with make but they are still pretty without, not much difference, the examples in the OP are extreme

Tereon
02-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Makeup doesn´t make that big of a difference for me.
It was the same for me with every single woman I´ve ever seen with and without makeup, including those before/after pics: If she
doesn´t look good without makeup, she doesnt look good with it either.
As a matter of fact, too much makeup is way worse than none at all, and my definition of too much seems to be way lower than the cultural standart nowadays, sadly