PDA

View Full Version : Westerners, what is sexism?

robar
10-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I do not know what is it and why is it wrong, but I feel that not my broken English is the reason, so what is it and why is wrong? Can someone elaborate?

Mortimer
10-19-2013, 02:37 PM
sexism is basically inequality between males and females or patriachalism.

Talvi
10-19-2013, 03:45 PM
sexism is basically inequality between males and females or patriachalism.

Sexism is a non-virgin man asking for a virgin woman because he doesnt want a "dirty" girl.

Yeah, Im talking about you!

Mortimer
10-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Sexism is a non-virgin man asking for a virgin woman because he doesnt want a "dirty" girl.

you protray what i said wrong. and what i think. i dont think non-virgins are "dirty". and i dont seek only virgin women, virgin would be a bonus to me but it is not neccessary and i respect non-virgins just as much. and of course there is much grey shades between virgin and promiscous. not everything is black and white. also i dont respect promiscuous males.

Stefan_Dusan
10-19-2013, 03:59 PM

Men are attracted to femininity and women are to masculinity. That's not sexism in right sense, it's natural men and women will have different expectations for eachother. And that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Loki
10-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Sexism is not allowing your girl to own a black dildo.

Talvi
10-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Men are attracted to femininity and women are to masculinity. That's not sexism in right sense, it's natural men and women will have different expectations for eachother. And that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Yes, and great part of masculinity should not be hypocracy. fts!

Stefan_Dusan
10-19-2013, 04:13 PM

Like I said it's not hypocrisy. Men want a woman not another man. So therefore they will look for them to behave differently than they do. Just because men get into fist fights doesn't mean he wants his woman to (crude example). Just because he has lots of partners doesn't mean he wants his woman to have. This is all very simple.

Graham
10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
It is mainly a workplace thing now with unequal pay, for same job. Or being overly flirty, with someone who clearly doesn't want you to.

Stefan_Dusan
10-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Staying virgin is not a sign of femininity, nor masculinity. .

It's a virtue valued in women but not in men. It's quite simple like that. Like men are valued differently than women.

Anyways this is western society we're talking about so expecting virgin out of HS is more or less impossibility so people settle for women who they consider not promiscuous. In conservative countries they can and do expect virginity in a woman.

Mortimer
10-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Like I said it's not hypocrisy. Men want a woman not another man. So therefore they will look for them to behave differently than they do. Just because men get into fist fights doesn't mean he wants his woman to (crude example). Just because he has lots of partners doesn't mean he wants his woman to have. This is all very simple.

i dont even have lots of partners, i had a one time experience

Talvi
10-19-2013, 04:25 PM
It's a virtue valued in women but not in men. It's quite simple like that. Like men are valued differently than women.

Anyways this is western society we're talking about so expecting virgin out of HS is more or less impossibility so people settle for women who they consider not promiscuous. In conservative countries they can and do expect virginity in a woman.

Only insecure men see it was a virtue. And insecurity is not masculine. I want a man not a little sad sap.

Smaug
10-19-2013, 04:27 PM
It is mainly a workplace thing now with unequal pay, for same job. Or being overly flirty, with someone who clearly doesn't want you to.

This, you see?

Stefan_Dusan
10-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Only insecure men see it was a virtue. And insecurity is not masculine. I want a man not a little sad sap.

Actually it's your insecurity and inferiority complex that is causing you to react this way. But deep down inside you value the exact same thing. Most women, especially young teenage women (or early 20s) want their man more experienced than them. They themselves become insecure if they find out their man had less partners than them.

And as I keep saying, nothing is fair in this world.

Hàkon
10-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Sexism is the act of (baselessly, which it in principle always is) disparaging the opposite sex because of its sex.

robar
10-19-2013, 04:51 PM
now I am even more confused:rolleyes2:

robar
10-19-2013, 04:53 PM

Yep but too experienced woman will see that 15 second:D too short:(

Mortimer
10-19-2013, 04:54 PM
women make fun of me because i have a small penis that is sexism

Hadouken
10-19-2013, 05:04 PM

most men all around the world would prefer to marry a woman that is virgin over a woman that has had 100 sex partners and it is completely normal and okay to have that preference as a man

the fact that you neglect is that a woman is not forced to take a man with such an opinion .....it would only be bad if the man forced a virgin woman to marry him and have sex with him but that would be rape anyway

also there IS a difference between a man having many sexpartners and a woman having it

imagine you have a son and a daughter and they have several sex partners ....would it bother you more if your son did it or your daughter ? you will say "well both" but i am sure deep down we all know the answer

Hadouken
10-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Again.
A virgin or 100 sex partners. You are talking about windmills.

A man who has had 100 sex partners will suddently stop being a man-whore when he gets married? Do you honestly believe in that?

several equals 100 to you?

if he will stop depends on his personality but of course he can stop ....i would stop for sure (not saying that i had 100 girls lol)

and no several doesnt equal 100 but i need to make it a little dramatic ^_^

Zmey Gorynych
10-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Sexism in western Europe

http://i3.asn.im/Chicken-vs--cat-_tca8.jpg

inactive_member
10-19-2013, 05:32 PM
if he will stop depends on his personality but of course he can stop ....i would stop for sure (not saying that i had 100 girls lol)

and no several doesnt equal 100 but i need to make it a little dramatic ^_^

To convince your readers that virginity is important. In modern day societies most people get marry at an older age. Don't expect a girl or a guy to stay virgin till she or he is 23-25. Virginity is special if a couple is young and both love each other. Then again, sex is special if you love the person regardless if she's virgin. In fact, many men would prefer more experienced women over virgins to have sex. An experienced doesn't mean older.

Liac
10-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Virginity is like flower, once it's gathered it belong just to it's gatherer. It's in man's nature that he wants from woman to be her first and last.

Loki
10-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I do not know what is it and why is it wrong, but I feel that not my broken English is the reason, so what is it and why is wrong? Can someone elaborate?

Discrimination based on gender; not giving equal opportunities, or equal treatment (as in salaries) to all genders.

Hadouken
10-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Virginity is like flower, once it's gathered it belong just to it's gatherer. It's in man's nature that he wants from woman to be her first and last.

well it is not THAT much of an issue and a woman who is sexually active is a bad person or something ....i also dont think that turning down a woman only because she is not a virgin anymore is always appropriate

what i just hate is that nowdays the "differences" between the genders are more and more tried to be wiped away and shown as something bad and sexist

to me men and women are equal but not the same and have different strengths and functions

i would say that putting the female on the pedestal and claiming that we men are macho assholes because of every little thing is the true sexism

soon we men will be accused of not getting pregnant ....."how dare you let your wife become that way why dont you get pregnant you sexist asshole"

Lucifer
10-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Discrimination based on gender; not giving equal opportunities, or equal treatment (as in salaries) to all genders.

this is not sexism, this is discrimination based on the gender and it's illegal.
sexism is to suppose that someone's abilities, qualities or vices are linked to its gender.

blklady2013
10-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Methinks Hakon had the best definition of sexism. For me gender issues just don't serve a purpose. I don't think men are better. I don't think women are better. I think they are equal because they are different. It's impossible for me to attach value judgements to men and women. It would be much like assigning value judgements to apples and oranges. Hormones, sexual dimorphism, reproductive traits and our biology makes us different. However our capacity for understanding each others perception of the world is the same.

I've never really had a frame of reference for sexism and/or feminism. It confounds me when I see women try to become men to prove their equality, because this would paradoxically imply that their own gender isn't desirable. But it also confounds me that men don't recognize the part they play in why some women do this, by constantly telling another human being what she can and cannot do...lol! Anytime you place limitations on someone, its natural for them to chaffe at the boundaries. And what's more perplexing is that some men do this out of fear. Which is nuts! A woman studying engineering is no threat to the legacy of male acheivement in the field, just like a man in the kitchen is not threat to the quality of my cinnamon apple scones...lol! Nuts I tell ya. Nuts...lol!

blklady2013
10-19-2013, 06:20 PM
well it is not THAT much of an issue and a woman who is sexually active is a bad person or something ....i also dont think that turning down a woman only because she is not a virgin anymore is always appropriate
The premium placed on virginity in the past probably has some type of biological impetus.
With the advent of birth control in modern society, most don't value it as much any longer. Most men I've met actually want more sexually experienced women or at least that's what they've told me. I actually don't think there is much of a correlation between the amount of sexual partners a woman has, and her value as a person. I believe this in spite of my own lifestyle choices for maximum irony...lol!

Hadouken
10-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Most men I've met actually want more sexually experienced women or at least that's what they've told me. I actually don't think there is much of a correlation between the amount of sexual partners a woman has, and her value as a person. I believe this in spite of my own lifestyle choices for maximum irony...lol!

yeah some dudes think like that but i would want my wife to become sexually experienced (mostly , if possible only) with me and not by other men but thats just me ....one night stands , affairs etc. then yes i would have to agree

well "value" as a person no but "value" as a possible wife yes ....at least to me

of course a woman who has had several sex partners is not less valuable as a person

Tchek
10-19-2013, 06:31 PM

I've yet to find an evidence that women are not paid the same for the same job

blklady2013
10-19-2013, 06:37 PM
well "value" as a person no but "value" as a possible wife yes ....at least to me

of course a woman who has had several sex partners is not less valuable as a person
I guess I would ask for you what is the difference between the value as a person vs. as a wife? How does her sexuality or lack thereof make her more or less valuable or equipped to be a good wife in your eyes?

(Keep in mind I'm relatively judgement free on this issue. Also personally I don't think you're being sexist or anything. It's just interesting to hear guys elaborate on this.)

Hadouken
10-19-2013, 06:43 PM
I guess I would ask for you what is the difference between the value as a person vs. as a wife? How does her sexuality or lack thereof make her more or less valuable or equipped to be a good wife in your eyes?

(Keep in mind I'm relatively judgement free on this issue. Also personally I don't think you're being sexist or anything. It's just interesting to hear guys elaborate on this.)

there are girls i would be friends with but wouldnt date because of various reasons (hobbies , lifestyle etc. etc.)

of course virginity is not comparable with these examples but maybe you get my point :D he value as a person is no any less than mine because it is her private thing but i wouldnt prefer her as my wife

it is also hard to explain it ....if you were a man maybe you would understand me but then again nowdays a lot of men seem to take it easier

blklady2013
10-19-2013, 06:52 PM
there are girls i would be friends with but wouldnt date because of various reasons (hobbies , lifestyle etc. etc.)

of course virginity is not comparable with these examples but maybe you get my point :D he value as a person is no any less than mine because it is her private thing but i wouldnt prefer her as my wife

it is also hard to explain it ....if you were a man maybe you would understand me but then again nowdays a lot of men seem to take it easier
Lol! I feel you. I'm more pragmatic than anything when it comes to issues like these. For me, virginity doesn't make me or anyone else better. I just like it for myself because it really simplifies my life. Birth control makes me damn near violently ill and I don't have to worry about health scares.
Also, as a woman I tend to form emotional attachments easily so for me, it would be damn near impossible to have a one night stand and just not feel anything except physical pleasure. And if I did, then kill me now because it would be such a waste to me, almost like I'm just going through the motions with no deeper connection. That doesn't really appeal to me.
But I know some women who've had many partners and are now great soccer moms. Meanwhile, I've also known some women who waited until they married and turned out to be some reeeeealll freaks in the sheets (great!) or who became very promiscious (horrible!). Ah well, such is life. We just never know how it goes.

robar
10-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Methinks Hakon had the best definition of sexism. For me gender issues just don't serve a purpose. I don't think men are better. I don't think women are better. I think they are equal because they are different. It's impossible for me to attach value judgements to men and women. It would be much like assigning value judgements to apples and oranges. Hormones, sexual dimorphism, reproductive traits and our biology makes us different. However our capacity for understanding each others perception of the world is the same.

I've never really had a frame of reference for sexism and/or feminism. It confounds me when I see women try to become men to prove their equality, because this would paradoxically imply that their own gender isn't desirable. But it also confounds me that men don't recognize the part they play in why some women do this, by constantly telling another human being what she can and cannot do...lol! Anytime you place limitations on someone, its natural for them to chaffe at the boundaries. And what's more perplexing is that some men do this out of fear. Which is nuts! A woman studying engineering is no threat to the legacy of male acheivement in the field, just like a man in the kitchen is not threat to the quality of my cinnamon apple scones...lol! Nuts I tell ya. Nuts...lol!

Well so-so. Maybe I am an evil mysogynist but once I laughed out a 160 centimeter tall policewoman, I went to a rock concert full of tattoed meat-tower people(including me) and a policewoman asked for my identity-card ,she was like 160 cm tall, thin, and she had a charming baby-face. I couldn't stop laughing, tried to apologise at the same time it was just weird:picard1:
And also in my country during the fifties(imagine present day north korea) the idiot communist trully believed that woman and men are the same, and gave woman works that womans became ill, particularly jobs in mining, and to drive an extremly low quality agricultural machines that shook the body and they could not have children after those jobs and etc quiet horrible stories, Also there is too much policewoman in american films,neighbour's son lives in the USA ands he married a woman who is that 160 cm small woman who graduated as some kind of detective, but unable to work in that fields so she does some lover-level job, and all that education and effort she made went to the dustbin.

Also in my oppinion men tend to harm mentaly small children way more easier, because we do not have that soft voice what women and children do have our voice could feel too threatening to small child.

Incal
10-20-2013, 03:39 AM

Funny. I like sluts.

Stefan_Dusan
10-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Funny. I like sluts.

We all like sluts but to use not to keep ;)

Incal
10-20-2013, 03:42 AM
We all like sluts but to use not to keep ;)

I'd rather marry a slut than a virgin to be honest. I don't want a boring trophy, I want a fun girl.

Stefan_Dusan
10-20-2013, 03:44 AM
I'd rather marry a slut than a virgin to be honest. I don't want a boring trophy, I want a fun girl.

You're gonna fuck that virgin girl 10,000s of times. After 1 year you'll be definitely bored of her whether she's great or lame in bed but the virgin definitely has a long time to improve ;)

Incal
10-20-2013, 03:51 AM
You're gonna fuck that virgin girl 10,000s of times. After 1 year you'll be definitely bored of her whether she's great or lame in bed but the virgin definitely has a long time to improve ;)

With a virgin is always 50/50 man, you never know. Anyway, good luck finding a virgin these days.

Stefan_Dusan
10-20-2013, 03:53 AM
With a virgin is always 50/50 man, you never know. Anyway, good luck finding a virgin these days.

I'm not saying for me. I'm defending guy's like gigolo from ultra feminists like kalvi. In real life I settle for girls who don't tell me all the guys they fucked and I like to pretend they're less of sluts than they really are ;) This is America

Incal
10-20-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm not saying for me. I'm defending guy's like gigolo from ultra feminists like kalvi. In real life I settle for girls who don't tell me all the guys they fucked and I like to pretend they're less of sluts than they really are ;) This is America

Funnily, feminists are just blah-blah, pure talk. I remember once, I was drunk saying some nonsense and this girl showed up saying how I was a misogynist and sexist and all the usual things. Next day, she woke up in my bed lol.

blklady2013
10-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Well so-so. Maybe I am an evil mysogynist but once I laughed out a 160 centimeter tall policewoman, I went to a rock concert full of tattoed meat-tower people(including me) and a policewoman asked for my identity-card ,she was like 160 cm tall, thin, and she had a charming baby-face. I couldn't stop laughing, tried to apologise at the same time it was just weird:picard1:
And also in my country during the fifties(imagine present day north korea) the idiot communist trully believed that woman and men are the same, and gave woman works that womans became ill, particularly jobs in mining, and to drive an extremly low quality agricultural machines that shook the body and they could not have children after those jobs and etc quiet horrible stories, Also there is too much policewoman in american films,neighbour's son lives in the USA ands he married a woman who is that 160 cm small woman who graduated as some kind of detective, but unable to work in that fields so she does some lover-level job, and all that education and effort she made went to the dustbin.

Also in my oppinion men tend to harm mentaly small children way more easier, because we do not have that soft voice what women and children do have our voice could feel too threatening to small child.
LMAO @ "meat towered" You get the visual imagery award of the day!
As for the biological physicality of men and women, you do have to be VERY stupid to ignore the differences. Although modern innovations in weaponry can kinda level that playing field. The point of that little fairy being able to fill that position is that's what she wanted to do. So kudos to her, even if the odds make her seem like she's nuts...and who knows she might pack a mean ass kick, or even more effective a mean ass glock...
But no, you raise great points. I just want men to stop trying to discourage women from trying new things in life by telling them that they are inferior or weak. Because obviously, some of you haven't quite caught on to the fact that this type of mentality actually creates the uberfeminazi that men keep complaining about. The majority of women could care less about positions like that anyway. However, men and women should be proud of each other and push each other past arbitrary social roles outlined for them. That isn't to say that there is anything wrong with those gender roles, because I do think they are necessary and dignified. But as human beings, we should always strive to be true to ourselves, even when that truth diverges from popular opinion.
But seriously, a lot of your more hardcore feminists are actually women who have something to prove to the men who told them they couldn't do ANYTHING beyond the narrow list of achievements categorized in the private sphere. And let's apply the golden rule here. If someone told you that you couldn't do something (even if it's something you had no real interest in previously), isn't there some little instinct in you to prove them wrong?
I don't know about you, but please tell me there is something as a human being I can't achieve, and watch me die trying to do it...(unless it's growing a penis or fighting Mayweather...in that case...um yeah you're absolutely right...)

I use to tell a good male friend of mine, every time you doubt a woman's abilities, a feminazi gets her wings...lol!

Pjeter Pan
10-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Sexism is treating women unequal. Why feminism exist in the western world today, I have no no clue, they're all annoying.

robar
10-20-2013, 04:52 PM
I start to understand now so in the USA women tend to want to see woman in those positions that was a men's field because they want to prove they are capable even in those fields.
It is not a world-wide phenomenon, Feminazis doesn't really exist here, maybe a few but girls don't go here to engineering, chemistry , IT, etc. Anti-feminist are more common. I have a lot of female coleagues , and I have to constantly have to open the dor for them in advance, telling nice things about their looks, etc .

English is a word language so its quiet interesting to see other countries wievpoints and social structure.
I will tell you another story about diferent cultures and an American "feminist" (maybe just a little feminist) outburst in my country in her blog, that was again another time when I laughed my asses off. She and her husband taught English in an University here, and here it is the custom that people talk with a more respect towards older people, but she didn't received that honor, however her husband did,and he cried that here women do not receive the same threatment,and respect etc.Well we do talk toward older people with more respect, but noone's age is writen on her face, so we have to do judge it about how someone looks, and we have to carefully judge a woman's age overestimating it is a no-no, whilst underestimating it is rather ok.When I back thenas a student worked in a supermarket and when a woman bought a cigarette I asked for her identity card if I thought she is below 35, below 18 is illegal tu buy cigarettes here.