PDA

View Full Version : Hair Colour Question

Oresai
12-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Please bear with me, I`m a total beginner in such matters, but wanted to ask a few questions.
I was wondering if people with naturally blonde hair always also have blonde eyelashes and brows?
Nowadays, of course, with hair dye, it`s hard to tell who is naturally blonde or not, yes? But I always thought (no idea where it comes from though, sorry) that true blondes also tended toward having blonde lashes and brows too.
Is this wrong? Are there blondes who have naturally dark lashes and brows? :confused:
I am blonde, when younger I was very pale gold, but as I get older my hair gets darker (and greyer! :D) but I`ve always had very pale lashes and brows.
Several of my cousins are the same, as are my two daughters.

TheGreatest
12-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't know my eyebrows are the same as my hair (just doesn't grow as long). It's facial hair that's often much thicker, darker and mixed with different colors.

Vulpix
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the average eyebrows are 1-2 tones darker than hair. But it seems they can be much darker... or even lighter, but I guess that's much less common :coffee:.

Oresai
12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
The women I know with blonde hair but dark brows and lashes all dye their hair, which is one reason I wondered if there were naturally dark browed/lashed blondes.

Vulpix
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
In sum, eyebrow color is an indicator, though not 100% reliable :).

The women I know with blonde hair but dark brows and lashes all dye their hair, which is one reason I wondered if there were naturally dark browed/lashed blondes.

Oresai
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
But it seems they can be much darker... or even lighter, but I guess that's much less common

Yup, mine are quite a bit lighter than my hair. But when I was younger, my hair was the same colour as my pale lashes and brows. I`d rather have them dark, given a choice though! :) I tend to look washed out without makeup.

Hilda
06-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Celebrities who dye their hair to blonde that also dye their eyebrows and lashes to blonde. Almost people with naturally blonde have light color eyebrows and lashes.
If the eyebrows and lashes are much darker than the light blonde, it looks a bit weird.

Dombra
12-07-2012, 09:59 PM
My brows are darker than my hair but my bothers are lighter than his hair. Different for most.

MissProvocateur
12-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I took a picture of this little kid in my school:
(I'm not a stalker, I just had to take pictures of students for Thanksgiving, hah)
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/601344_4982192835098_1286976750_n.jpg

His eyebroows are much darker than his hair. And yes, it's natural. :)

Eyebrows are usually 1-2 tones darker than the hair, but sometimes they can be lighter or darker. It depends on the person.

Kilohertz
12-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm naturally a medium blonde [although nobody has seen it that way since I was 18 and they never will again ;) ], and my eyebrows are pretty light; kind of light brownish. I currently have my hair dyed black, though, so I use makeup to make my brows and lashes match.

Caismeachd
12-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think they fully correlate with each other. I often see people with brown hair who have very light or almost transparent eyebrows. It's common in Brits.

Neanderthal
12-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I took a picture of this little kid in my school:
(I'm not a stalker, I just had to take pictures of students for Thanksgiving, hah)
His eyebroows are much darker than his hair. And yes, it's natural. :)

Eyebrows are usually 1-2 tones darker than the hair, but sometimes they can be lighter or darker. It depends on the person.

Lie, the kid is obviously Mediterranid, his hair gonna darken as he grows up (happened to me) Adult people with different eyebrow colour than his hair is fake.

MissProvocateur
12-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Lie, the kid is obviously Mediterranid, his hair gonna darken as he grows up (happened to me) Adult people with different eyebrow colour than his hair is fake.

My eyebroes are darker than my hair... And it has stayed that way always.

Most peple have darker eyebrows than hair, it's not that noticable. 1-2 shades is common. It's very rare to see eyebrows the exact same tone as the hair. And how is he "Obviously" mediterranid? You can't really tell from such a young face. :P

And how is it a "lie"? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm certainly not lying.

larali
12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
My hair is brown but my eyebrows are blonde. My eyelashes are brown instead of black. I will try to find a pic without makeup.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb427/bluefly102/eyebrows1.jpg

I have makeup on there but you can still see how light they are.

Neanderthal
12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
My eyebroes are darker than my hair... And it has stayed that way always.

Most peple have darker eyebrows than hair, it's not that noticable. 1-2 shades is common. It's very rare to see eyebrows the exact same tone as the hair. And how is he "Obviously" mediterranid? You can't really tell from such a young face. :P

And how is it a "lie"? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm certainly not lying.

Yes, because you dye your hair.
He is Mediterranid, next time, take pictures of his parents and i'll shut up.

Neanderthal
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I don't trust women to be honest, most of them are full of shit (with all due respect.) When I see a non-gay blonde dude with brown or black eyebrows i'll shut up.

MissProvocateur
12-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Yes, because you dye your hair.
He is Mediterranid, next time, take pictures of his parents and i'll shut up.

I dont really dye my hair since I ruined it with a perm and I had to make it grow back, without any chemicals. In fact, I dyed it darker (with a casting, which is less harmful). But nice try.

Welter
12-08-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't know...
My eyebrows are are almost white, very little "goldish" tone.
My hair on the hand has a strong goldish tone.
But you can tell both colors are 'related'.

I've never seen someone with brown hair and blonde eyebrows... ever.

This phenomenon seems to be common in the UK, USA and Russia. There are more countries of course... but i won't list them all, It just seems to be common in people that have strong Corded admixture.

MissProvocateur
12-08-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't trust women to be honest, most of them are full of shit (with all due respect.) When I see a non-gay blonde dude with brown or black eyebrows i'll shut up.

Not all women are that way, you've just encountered the bad ones.

larali
12-08-2012, 01:07 AM

Sorry you're having such bad luck with women! :lol00002:

Funny though because usually it's the guys who think the bottle blondes are natural.

Jackson
12-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah they don't always match up - It makes seeing if someone has dyed hair or not easier if their facial/body hair is really light. More often seems to be that really fair people have like platinum hair, and then practically invisible (blonde) eyebrows, facial and body hair. Although of two good friends of mine (one is half Irish half Norwegian, the other is Scottish), one has brown hair and everything else blonde, and the other has ginger hair (carroty) and everything else blonde - So they don't seem to be directly related.

I know in my case my eyebrows are a similar colour to my hair, my body hair is a few shades darker, and my beard hair is a few shades darker again.

Neanderthal
12-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah they don't always match up - It makes seeing if someone has dyed hair or not easier if their facial/body hair is really light. More often seems to be that really fair people have like platinum hair, and then practically invisible (blonde) eyebrows, facial and body hair. Although of two good friends of mine (one is half Irish half Norwegian, the other is Scottish), one has brown hair and everything else blonde, and the other has ginger hair (carroty) and everything else blonde - So they don't seem to be directly related.

I know in my case my eyebrows are a similar colour to my hair, my body hair is a few shades darker, and my beard hair is a few shades darker again.

That's called 'heterochromia' My hair is brown and my beard is platinum blonde also, but I have yet to see one case of a blonde guy with dark eyebrows;)

larali
12-08-2012, 01:19 AM
That's called 'heterochromia' My hair is brown and my beard is platinum blonde also, but I have yet to see one case of a blonde guy with dark eyebrows;)

Your beard does not look blonde.

MissProvocateur
12-08-2012, 01:19 AM

Talking about heterochromia. I have central heterochromia iridium!! WOOOHOOO! Heterochromia, in all forms (on hair, eyes, or eve skin) is not uncommon, actually. At least, not form what I've seen. :)

It's kind of awesome, really.

Neanderthal
12-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Sorry you're having such bad luck with women! :lol00002:

Funny though because usually it's the guys who think the bottle blondes are natural.

I'm sorry that sounded so rude. I apologize with both, fufangeli and you. My point was that most women lie about dying their hair, but of course there's always exceptions to the rule.;)

Neanderthal
12-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Your beard does not look blonde.

http://i56.tinypic.com/xe4r9g.jpg

You can check my hair in the back being brown and the beard being platinium blonde. Uncool :o

MissProvocateur
12-08-2012, 01:26 AM

You can check my hair in the back being brown and the beard being platinium blonde. Uncool :o

"Uncool"? Psh! BS. Heterochromia is awesome. It makes you look more unique. The only heterochromia that looks weird is when one of your eyes is brown, and your other eye is blue. It looks weird.

larali
12-08-2012, 01:28 AM

Oh that is interesting, it doesn't look like that in the avatar. My husband also has brown hair and a blonde beard (when he grows it out, which is rare) :)