PDA

View Full Version : Russia 'needs to be' ready for 'large-scale conflicts'

Sol Invictus
10-24-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=109378&sectionid=351020602

Secretary of Russia’s National Security Council Nikolai Patrushev says the country should be ready for “large-scale conflicts”.

“In 1993, we said that military conflicts have been ruled out, but life has shown this is not the case,” AFP quoted Patrushev, as saying on Thursday.

“There have been regional and local conflicts, and we cannot rule out large-scale conflicts and we need to be ready for this,” he added.

Patrushev made the comments while discussing a new version of Russia’s military doctrine, which officials have been drafting in recent months.

Last week, Patrushev said the new doctrine would allow Russia to carry out a “preventative” nuclear strike against would-be aggressors.

The Lawspeaker
10-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Last week, Patrushev said the new doctrine would allow Russia to carry out a “preventative” nuclear strike against would-be aggressors.
Translated from Kremlinite: Russia is on the warpath again and will attack a country when it wants to- even with nuclear weapons.

Wölfin
10-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Well surely as the Arctic ice slowly gives way to water... There will be a lot of tension over the sovereignty. Russia, Canada, United States of America, Norway...

Rudy
10-24-2009, 01:46 AM
The US is building military bases in Afghanistan, and is building bunker buster bombs.

I suppose the Georgian conflict figures in as well.

Sol Invictus
10-24-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm starting to wonder if this is really a preventative strategy by the Russians to equalize the threat to Iran from the United States. It's just odd I find that when most people see the U.S invade two different countries, it's all good. But when Russia even shows any hint of any aggression, then the world gets it's panties in a knot. Old habits die hard I guess.

Radojica
10-24-2009, 01:55 AM
It's just odd I find that when most people see the U.S invade two different countries, it's all good.
Make it three and just in the last 10 years...

But when Russia even shows any hint of any aggression, then the world gets it's panties in a knot. Old habits die hard I guess.

So true...Blue dots are good guys, red dots are bad guys...

Adalwulf
10-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Well surely as the Arctic ice slowly gives way to water... There will be a lot of tension over the sovereignty. Russia, Canada, United States of America, Norway...
Well Canada is helpless in this situation... and I cannot see Norway being able to do much. Likely another cold war once the Jews get their hands on more oil. We already know what they are like around it.

It is also too bad that they are certainly going to ruin the tundra environment. I recently got some footage of someone living there and it is surprisingly full of life. Birds, rabbits, foxes, flowers, fungus, whales, caribou, and more of all types everywhere.

As for Russia; they always do this. They treatened Poland awhile ago with nukes. They also constantly say it to the close 'istan' countries. It is mostly a pathetic struggle against the United States media.

Sol Invictus
10-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Make it three and just in the last 10 years...

Yeah, sorry. I didn't count the covert invasion and drone bombings of Pakistan.

Radojica
10-24-2009, 01:58 AM
It is mostly a pathetic struggle against the United States media.

I rather think its the way to show to the world that they are back, than some pathetic struggle against US media..They have shown to the world that they can attack everybody else like US (Georgia)...And whats more, they knew Georgia is a candidate for NATO and US peon at Caucasus region.

Radojica
10-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah, sorry. I didn't count the covert invasion and drone bombings of Pakistan.

Umm, make it four then: Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Serbia (Kosovo and Metohija).

Adalwulf
10-24-2009, 02:23 AM
I rather think its the way to show to the world that they are back, than some pathetic struggle against US media..They have shown to the world that they can attack everybody else like US (Georgia)...And whats more, they knew Georgia is a candidate for NATO and US peon at Caucasus region.
The US put an aircraft carrier in the black sea and they pulled out. How is that showing strength?

Radojica
10-24-2009, 02:25 AM
The US put an aircraft carrier in the black sea and they pulled out. How is that showing strength?

Uhhh? Are you talking about Russian attack on Georgia?

Adalwulf
10-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Uhhh? Are you talking about Russian attack on Georgia?
Yes.

Radojica
10-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Yes.

They achieved their goal, they showed who is the Boss in that part of the world and that they are coming back, why would they allow them to be involved in some unnecessary conflict which could end God's know how :)? Anyway, Georgia is US sponger state, why they did not protect them? No good general would do that and after all, it was not in their high rank interests to get involved with the awakening lion ;)

SwordoftheVistula
10-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Georgia is US sponger state, why they did not protect them?

It was fairly impossible, given that most of the US military was tied up in Iraq and Afganistan (and still is), also the power of the neoconservatives began to wane towards the end of the Bush administration.

Radojica
10-24-2009, 03:11 AM
It was fairly impossible, given that most of the US military was tied up in Iraq and Afganistan (and still is), also the power of the neoconservatives began to wane towards the end of the Bush administration.

But, do you really that US would wadge a large scale conflict with Russia because of Georgia? I fairly doubt....It was a play like when stronger cat takes away a meal from the weaker one and the weaker cat can only meow, because nothing can do about it...

SwordoftheVistula
10-24-2009, 03:16 AM
But, do you really that US would wadge a large scale conflict with Russia because of Georgia? I fairly doubt....It was a play like when stronger cat takes away a meal from the weaker one and the weaker cat can only meow, because nothing can do about it...

More like a game of chicken: Russia cares more about Georgia than the US, thus this result.

Radojica
10-24-2009, 03:18 AM
More like a game of chicken: Russia cares more about Georgia than the US, thus this result.

Care? IN case they care about it, they would take whole country, not just one little part of it. They just showed they can do whatever US can do... Kosovo and Metohija - Georgia...

Adalwulf
10-24-2009, 04:30 AM
They achieved their goal, they showed who is the Boss in that part of the world and that they are coming back, why would they allow them to be involved in some unnecessary conflict which could end God's know how :)? Anyway, Georgia is US sponger state, why they did not protect them? No good general would do that and after all, it was not in their high rank interests to get involved with the awakening lion ;)
Everyone watched the olympics to see China 'coming out' instead.

As I said, American Media took over like always.

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Translated from Kremlinite: Russia is on the warpath again and will attack a country when it wants to- even with nuclear weapons.

No Russia is not on the warpath. It's simply bringing its military strategies into line with existing US / Zeropean ones. Why should the USA and Zeropa be the arbiters of who, why and when countries get nuked, who may possess nuclear weapons and so forth and so forth.

I'm starting to wonder if this is really a preventative strategy by the Russians to equalize the threat to Iran from the United States. It's just odd I find that when most people see the U.S invade two different countries, it's all good. But when Russia even shows any hint of any aggression, then the world gets it's panties in a knot. Old habits die hard I guess.

Russia won't stick its neck out for Iran. It's a preventative strategy against countries who are planning adventures against Russia. This includes most of the EU, Canada and the USA.

The reason why the "International Community" aka Western Establishment get so hysterical about Russia is because they have a common anti-Russian policy which is prevalent in all spheres of their societies, be it Academia, Politics, Economics and the Military. Russia is an obstacle (not to mention a source of raw materials) to the USRael / Zeropean behemoth. Therefore it must be invaded and looted, just like the Zeropeans and USA have done with former and present Colonies.

Liffrea
10-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Sensible policy, any who believe the era of global conflict is over are as deluded as the pre-1914 generation who thought the same thing.

War is a constant. The probability of global warfare is greater now, I believe, that at any time since 1945.

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Well Canada is helpless in this situation... and I cannot see Norway being able to do much. Likely another cold war once the Jews get their hands on more oil. We already know what they are like around it.

Canada isn't helpless, it is part of the NWO anti-Russian alliance.

It is also too bad that they are certainly going to ruin the tundra environment. I recently got some footage of someone living there and it is surprisingly full of life. Birds, rabbits, foxes, flowers, fungus, whales, caribou, and more of all types everywhere.

It is too bad. It will happen. That's human nature.

As for Russia; they always do this. They treatened Poland awhile ago with nukes. They also constantly say it to the close 'istan' countries. It is mostly a pathetic struggle against the United States media.

Poland threatened Russia first by acting as a bitch for the USA to host the (cynically named) "Missile Defense Shield". This "shield" isn't defensive at all and neither is it aimed at Iran nor North Korea as the US's Political / Military Establishment claims. It's a system intended to give the US a First Strike capability over Russia meaning it can knock out all or most of Russia's nuclear offensive weapons before Russia can retaliate.

The uneducated usually retort that "but it's only a handful of interceptor missiles in Poland and a Czech Radar base" blah blah blah but the fools don't know about or understand the bigger picture. This system is designed to be modular. It won't be just a little base or two in Eastern Europe. Once operational it would include many different linked up sites (on and offshore) and it would naturally be situated to ring Eurasia. The Polish and Czech sites (which are on hold atm) were only the beginning.

The Polacks and Czechs both understand full well that the system is aimed at Russia. The Poles in particular were rubbing their hands in glee at the prospects of this being built on their territory. They're not being particularly smart because naturally Poland would just draw a big target on itself for Russian retaliation once the US starts messing with them. In a "limited" conflict Poland is sure to get razed to the ground. The US won't.

Hweinlant
10-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Ethnicitywise there is huge gap between Norterners and Southernsers @ Russia. That gap is seen even in uniparental genes. North Russia is genetically more connected to Fennoscandia than Black Sea. Soviet idea of mixing it all and greating "Bolshevik Ethnicity" went only halfway. Russia is genetically devided, not homogenous culture.

Adalwulf
10-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Well Russia is not like the rest of Europe. It is still the Russian Empire geographically, despite losing the Soviet gains. Everywhere else you (mostly) have nation-states.

Just look at all of that territory in Eastern Russia. It is essentially like adding all of another European Empire's past overseas colonies.

And for the comment on 'human nature', that is not true. The area I mentioned has a military radar station and an Inuit village there. It has not been destroyed.

Greed is going to destroy it, not people.

Osweo
10-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Ethnicitywise there is huge gap between Norterners and Southernsers @ Russia. That gap is seen even in uniparental genes. North Russia is genetically more connected to Fennoscandia than Black Sea. Soviet idea of mixing it all and greating "Bolshevik Ethnicity" went only halfway. Russia is genetically devided, not homogenous culture.
That's absolute drivel. Among my friends are Pomors with Ukrainian surnames, Crimean Russians with kin in Komi, Siberians with grandparents from by Lake Peipus, Muscovites with ancestors from almost everywhere, you name it! Where did you hear this nonsense? After the last 80 years, it's a sheer joke!

Oh, and Russia's back on form, eh? Good one! :thumbs
yCQ0V85qvi0

Octothorpe
10-25-2009, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Adalwulf;122397]
[QUOTE]

Tundra whales? :eek:

"Them big sumbitches smashed our huntin' camp! Whole pod of 'em, right there! Then they breached right over the oil pipeline. Thing 'a beauty, it was!" :p

Hweinlant
10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
That's absolute drivel. Among my friends are Pomors with Ukrainian surnames,

Pomor with Uke surename certainly is not Pomor ( Po=På in Skandinavisk, Meri = Sea in Finnish , so "Coastal people", people at the sea.). Inland Ukes somehow got Pomori names..Not possible, actual Pomor names are russified Karelian names.

Crimean Russians with kin in Komi, Siberians with grandparents from by Lake Peipus, Muscovites with ancestors from almost everywhere, you name it! Where did you hear this nonsense? After the last 80 years, it's a sheer joke!

Geneticist dont look uniparental genes of today, but uniparental genes of grandparents. You are right that Rooshans today are mixed, very fucking mixed. Especially on the occupied Finnish region (Karelian Ishtmus) where the population have about -0% Finnish genes. Propably most effective ethnic cleansing of history. Same goes to Ingermanland (Inkeri), around St. Petersburg. Finnish land without Finns.

Osweo
10-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Pomor with Uke surename certainly is not Pomor
Don't be absurd. An Arkhangelgorodchanin with a Ukrainian great-grandfather, who feels themself a Pomor, and is accepted by other Pomors, IS a Pomor. :rolleyes:

( Po=På in Skandinavisk, Meri = Sea in Finnish , so "Coastal people", people at the sea.).
Is that a serious attempt at an etymology of a ridiculously transparent Slavonic term?!? :eek:
:rofl:
Po = ПО. It is a perfectly Slavonic preposition. The Volga area is the Povol'zhe. The Oka basin is Po-oche. The phrase 'in Russian' is 'po-russki'.

More, море, is likewise a perfectly Slavonic word for 'sea'... :rolleyes:

Inland Ukes somehow got Pomori names..Not possible, actual Pomor names are russified Karelian names.
Most Pomors inhabit regions with a non-Karelian substrate. The 'beyond-the-portage Chud' are seen as closest to or near identical with the Veps, from the linguistic evidence (toponymy and borrowings in Komi).

Geneticist dont look uniparental genes of today, but uniparental genes of grandparents.
Yes, that's what they look at if they're attempting to reconstruct ancient demic movements. NOT what they look at if they're investigating present day reality. :rolleyes:
You said:

Russia is genetically devided, not homogenous culture.
And you were talking nonsense.

As for the culture, Russia's amazingly homogenous compared with my country. :rolleyes:

You are right that Rooshans today are mixed, very fucking mixed.
Why is it that hatred is shown in poor spelling? :confused::shrug::rolleyes:

Especially on the occupied Finnish region (Karelian Ishtmus) where the population have about -0% Finnish genes. Propably most effective ethnic cleansing of history. Same goes to Ingermanland (Inkeri), around St. Petersburg. Finnish land without Finns.
Tough old thing, History, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Hweinlant
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Tough old thing, History, isn't it? :rolleyes:

You support killing of European ethnicities :confused:

Ingermanland would be like Estonia or Latvia, another free European state without fullscale genocide.

That genocide was committed by Bolsheviks, Jews and Slavs. Genrikh Yagoda (Henry Jehuda) being the main culprit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genrikh_Yagoda

1937 was the year when Finnish ethnicity was made illegal in Soviet Union, all newspapers were shutted down, schools closed etc. It didn end with Finns but all Baltic Finns were considered as "Bourgeouse ethnicities". Estonians were sended to death camps by tens of tousends, Finland was attacked by these fine Slavs 1939.

What Jews were to Nazies, Finns were to Bolsheviks. Killing my people sort of makes me angry. Most of historical placenames @ St. Petersburg are Finnish btw, like metrostations. Finns just dont exist there anymore, because all were killed by the Slavo-Jews.

Osweo
11-15-2009, 10:31 PM
You support killing of European ethnicities :confused:
Of course. :rolleyes2:

Ingermanland would be like Estonia or Latvia, another free European state without fullscale genocide.
From the days of Peter the Great, that was an impossibility.

That genocide was committed by Bolsheviks, Jews and Slavs. Genrikh Yagoda (Henry Jehuda) being the main culprit.
Slavo-Jews.
I suggest you learn to focus your anger more sensibly. Almost all responsible are dead. The descendants of the Jews now mostly live in America or Israel. The descendants of the Russian footsoldiers hate the memory of the old Jewish apparatchiki as much as you, and if Grandad was ordered to deport an entire village of Finns back in the 30s they don't even know about it these days. Unsurprisingly, those things weren't bragged about.

The real people to be angry with are the foreign plotters that worked for the destabilisation of the Russian Empire in the first place. They're all dead too, but their heirs still make money on the interest from the fortunes accrued... And this isn't the average Ivan Petrov of Petrozavodsk I'm talking about, either. :rolleyes:

Thulsa Doom
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM
I don´t agree.

Russia is a typical Empire, like the US and China, and as an Empire they need enemies to hold it together and they need forces to keep the citizens down. Russia would disintegrate rather quickly if it was a democracy. Caucasus, the Tatars and the oil regions would jump ship if they could.

Remember that only the border regions to Ukraine and White Russia is the homeland of the Russians. Moskva, S:t Petersburg and the rest is colonized in historically recent times. It is pretty much built on genocide and assimilation, but there is still more then 150 ethnic groups living in "Russia".

Osweo
11-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Russia is a typical Empire, like the US and China, and as an Empire they need enemies to hold it together and they need forces to keep the citizens down. Russia would disintegrate rather quickly if it was a democracy. Caucasus, the Tatars and the oil regions would jump ship if they could.
Rubbish. Russia is held together by the Russian ethnicity, which is still dominant in almost every region, and has been for centuries, not just because of some population movements orchestrated in Soviet times.

You know nothing of the Caucasus. Influential clans and tribal leaders are fully supportive of remaining part of the Russian Federation, even in the most troubled areas. Rebels are mostly orchestrated by Wahhabi radicals supported by our wonderful 'ally' Saudi Arabia. :rolleyes2:

You must tell us about the terrible oppression by state force that the Russian civilians suffer from some time... I some how missed it, when I was living there for eight years... :rolleyes:

Remember that only the border regions to Ukraine and White Russia is the homeland of the Russians.
:rofl: 'Border regions'! Even the most conservative estimate of this original core would be an area aabout five times the size of Sweden or more!

Moskva, S:t Petersburg and the rest is colonized in historically recent times. It is pretty much built on genocide and assimilation, but there is still more then 150 ethnic groups living in "Russia".
300 years = 'recent', eh? :rolleyes: Most of it was more like 500 years ago, anyway. All the other bits were mostly full of reindeer and fir trees. The natives of these lands are still there, and probably better off than they would have been under Chinese or Japanese rule, that would inevitably have replaced Russian.

And WAIT! DID you REALLY say 'Moskva ... is colonized in historically recent times,"?!?!?! Oh my Word... You really did... :eek::loopy:

Thulsa Doom
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Rubbish. Russia is held together by the Russian ethnicity, which is still dominant in almost every region, and has been for centuries, not just because of some population movements orchestrated in Soviet times.

There is still 20% of the population that is non Russian. In 1897 more than 55% was listed as non Russians in the Imperial census. *Draw your own conclusions.*

You know nothing of the Caucasus. Influential clans and tribal leaders are fully supportive of remaining part of the Russian Federation, even in the most troubled areas. Rebels are mostly orchestrated by Wahhabi radicals supported by our wonderful 'ally' Saudi Arabia. :rolleyes2:

Oh Yeah, the Chechen, they love Russia, seen any pictures from Grozny lately?

http://www.russiablog.org/Grozny-2000.jpg

Have the Circassians forgot about the 19th century genocide already?
Well I could go on, but the truth is that east of Rhein-Donau nobody, except Quislings and morons, like Russian politics.

You must tell us about the terrible oppression by state force that the Russian civilians suffer from some time... I some how missed it, when I was living there for eight years... :rolleyes:

Muscovites getting fat on oil money, good for them.

When I was visiting the Soviet back in the days they sure liked to control the People for their own good.:rolleyes2: The "Russian" "Federation" is just a successor state of the old USSR. Same games different names.

:rofl: 'Border regions'! Even the most conservative estimate of this original core would be an area aabout five times the size of Sweden or more!

Before the Kievan Rus expansion.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Muromian-map.png

Even the Russian historians admit that development.

300 years = 'recent', eh? :rolleyes: Most of it was more like 500 years ago, anyway. All the other bits were mostly full of reindeer and fir trees. The natives of these lands are still there, and probably better off than they would have been under Chinese or Japanese rule, that would inevitably have replaced Russian.

Well I agree, its likely that the Chinese would have wiped them out too meanwhile they stole all natural resources. But it does not justify the Russians to do the same thing. The only minorities that do well in Siberia are those who lives in remote no oil areas like the Buryets and Yakuts.

And WAIT! DID you REALLY say 'Moskva ... is colonized in historically recent times,"?!?!?! Oh my Word... You really did... :eek::loopy:

Sure did. Landgrabbers, Go home.:coffee:

Loki
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh Yeah, the Chechen, they love Russia, seen any pictures from Grozny lately?

http://www.russiablog.org/Grozny-2000.jpg

Grozny has been rebuilt quite a bit since the last conflict, with lots of money being poured into it by Russia.

In 2009 the city of Grozny was honored by the UN Human Settlements Programme for transforming the war scarred city and providing new homes for thousands.

They also built a new mosque there, which is one of the largest in Europe ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Grozny_Kadyrov_Mosque.jpg