PDA

View Full Version : BNP Support Rises After Question Time Appearance

Loyalist
10-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Peter Hain says his fears have been proved right after a poll suggested support for the BNP has risen after Nick Griffin appeared on Question Time.

A YouGov poll in the Daily Telegraph suggests 22% of people questioned would "seriously consider" voting BNP.

The Welsh secretary said: "The BBC has handed the BNP the gift of the century on a plate and now we see the consequences. I'm very angry."

The show was watched by a record eight million people on Thursday.

The opinion poll carried out after Mr Griffin's appearance found 22% of voters would consider voting BNP in a future local, general or European election.

Two-thirds of the 1,314 people polled by YouGov for the Daily Telegraph dismissed voting for the party under any circumstances, with the rest unsure.

When asked how they would vote in an election tomorrow, the proportion supporting the BNP stood at 3%, up from 2% a month ago.

However, more than half of those polled said they agreed or thought the party had a point in speaking up for the interests of indigenous, white British people.

The poll did not ask whether their views were affected as a result of Mr Griffin's appearance on Question Time.

Mr Hain, who campaigned against Mr Griffin being included in the Question Time panel, said: "This is exactly what I feared and warned about."

Mr Griffin's fellow panellists on the show said he had been "shown up," but critics said the show had given the BNP huge publicity.

The BNP claims 3,000 people registered to join the party during and after the broadcast.

More than 240 complainants to the BBC felt the show was biased against the BNP, while more than 100 complaints were about Mr Griffin being allowed to appear on Question Time.

However, more than 50 people contacted the BBC to show their appreciation for the programme.

Mr Griffin, who was one of two BNP candidates to be elected to the European Parliament earlier this year, faced robust questioning about his views on race, immigration and the Holocaust from a largely hostile audience.

He criticised Islam, defended a past head of the Ku Klux Klan but insisted that he was "not a Nazi".

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8323638.stm)

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Peter Hain says his fears have been proved right after a poll suggested support for the BNP has risen after Nick Griffin appeared on Question Time.

A YouGov poll in the Daily Telegraph suggests 22% of people questioned would "seriously consider" voting BNP.

The Welsh secretary said: "The BBC has handed the BNP the gift of the century on a plate and now we see the consequences. I'm very angry."

I'm very angry that this corrupt fascist Hain is given media coverage and allowed to spout his anti-British and Zeropean hatred unopposed. Oh... and shall we mention his "donations misappropriations".....

Why are the slime on top in the PC Universe?

Loxias
10-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Is there anywhere on the internet where we can see a retransmission.

Also it's surprising to see that 22% would seriously consider voting BNP, yet only 3% will vote. Is there a reason for such a big discrepancy?

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 11:20 AM
More on Hain and his "integrity" here. He ooooozes slime.

http://order-order.com/tag/peter-hain/

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Is there anywhere on the internet where we can see a retransmission.

Also it's surprising to see that 22% would seriously consider voting BNP, yet only 3% will vote. Is there a reason for such a big discrepancy?

Youtube ees yo frend innit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iKfrY9l2kY

Considering and doing are two different things. I may consider wanting to pursue a girl for sex but would I necessarily do it?

Furthermore, polls are rather unreliable. People frequently provide random / arbitrary answers. The "science" behind the information gathering is often not sound etc etc

Graham
10-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Any publicity's good publicity in this case. Still a cannae take Nick Griffin seriously like.

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
aye

Just the fact that they're getting in the news is good though. It's putting pressure on the mainstream sellouts (LibLabCon) to watch their step. Sadly this may not be enough. The EUrofag train is running too fast......

Troll's Puzzle
10-24-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm very angry that this corrupt fascist Hain is given media coverage

Hain isn't a Fascist.

(If he was, we wouldn't be in this mess :wink)

Liffrea
10-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Loxias

Yes, it’s not what the BNP say that’s necessarily the problem, it’s the BNP (or rather certain members of it and the baggage the party has). People remember that at voting time.

Personally I found the whole show a farce and embarrassing from many points. I thought Nick came away looking foolish and was only saved by the fact that Straw hadn’t a leg to stand on. The audience was probably picked, Dimbleby wasn’t neutral or even an effective chair, rather than a debate it was an hour of hounding Nick. Nick should count his blessings that it was because a more effective panel could have took him to the cleaners over motor mouth Collett and the Don Black affair. As it was, ironically, the audience saved his ass by shutting Straw up before he got going.

I’m amazed the BNP seem to have done well out of it but the establishment is at a low point. As has been said the BNP wouldn't be where they are now if the government listened to the people......

Trog
10-24-2009, 04:25 PM
If we are supposed to be living in an era of free-speech and diversity, then why does the BNP have to be silenced and shunned? If a Muslim cleric can spread hate of all britons, why is the party that is openly pro-British being treated like this?

Trog
10-24-2009, 04:30 PM
If anyone missed this show, you can download it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nft24/Question_Time_22_10_2009/

I think those outside UK may require to use a UK proxy?

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Hain isn't a Fascist.

(If he was, we wouldn't be in this mess :wink)

Didn't you hear? - ANTI-Fascism is the New Fascism!

Therefore he is a fascist albeit it in the gay, liberal sense of the term. :thumb001:

Loxias
10-24-2009, 04:50 PM
The video was very annoying actually. People giving lessons in PC, and not much else. I expected better.

RoyBatty
10-24-2009, 04:52 PM
If we are supposed to be living in an era of free-speech and diversity, then why does the BNP have to be silenced and shunned? If a Muslim cleric can spread hate of all britons, why is the party that is openly pro-British being treated like this?

Because that's what the NWO / Zionist special interests mafias who run things (including the mainstream political parties) and who control the mainstream media have decided.

The entire point is to advance their own cause through removing "cultural barriers" and multi-kulti'ing the UK and Europe. Since the BNP's declared agenda (who knows if it's their real one but let's assume it is) is to oppose the demographic genocide against Britain as well as its enslavement in the EUSSR, they are "treated like this" in order to bamboozle, shame and scaremonger the voters into avoiding them.

Tony
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
The audience was probably picked
That's for sure , it's so clear , by the way I think this kind of programs makes BNP gets even more simpathizers , the antipathy , the arrogance , the overrepresented opposition claque was too blatant imho so they got the opposite outcome.

Supposed is the key word here , they are frightned to lose the power i.e.money and priviledges , in my view Griffin should focus his political message addressing people about how Libs and Cons are actually the same thing , pro EU/immigration/multiracial society/etc
he has to distance himself even more from the rest of classic parties.
If I were him a few days before the elections I'd try to get arrested , it would be a mean to show the fake democracy UK is today.

Murphy
10-24-2009, 06:20 PM
In my opinion Griffin flopped. Can he be blamed? To an extent yes. Everyone knew that the show was a stitch up, it was a safari and Griffin decided to play the game.

Griffin and the BNP have far too much baggage to ever be a serious, really serious alternative in British politics. They will always be on the fringes. I wil tell you this however, I liked Baroness Warsi. She came out the best.

Regards,
Eóin.

Tony
10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
In my opinion Griffin flopped. Can he be blamed? To an extent yes. Everyone knew that the show was a stitch up, it was a safari and Griffin decided to play the game.

Griffin and the BNP have far too much baggage to ever be a serious, really serious alternative in British politics. They will always be on the fringes. I wil tell you this however, I liked Baroness Warsi. She came out the best.

Regards,
Eóin.
If BNP message will be successfull then other parties and politicians will copy some of its points , more or less , for sure.
Electoral market somewhat mirror the classic marketing.

Loyalist
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Regards,
Eóin.

I agree that Griffin didn't handle the situation well, although I don't think it would be possible to do so in any case. However, the biased moderator, specially selected audience, and relentless personal attacks from the panel once again made evident the ridiculous extent that anti-BNP sentiment has reached, particularly in the media. Griffin can keep using incidents like this to show that it's actually the BNP who are the victims of "fascism", and sympathy votes are still votes. It was interesting to see that the BBC received more complaints for unfair treatment of Griffin than they did praise for the show or its content, and the fact that his party has once again risen in the polls in the wake of this farce shows they're doing something right.

Murphy
10-25-2009, 08:27 AM
I agree that Griffin didn't handle the situation well, although I don't think it would be possible to do so in any case. However, the biased moderator, specially selected audience, and relentless personal attacks from the panel once again made evident the ridiculous extent that anti-BNP sentiment has reached, particularly in the media. Griffin can keep using incidents like this to show that it's actually the BNP who are the victims of "fascism", and sympathy votes are still votes. It was interesting to see that the BBC received more complaints for unfair treatment of Griffin than they did praise for the show or its content, and the fact that his party has once again risen in the polls in the wake of this farce shows they're doing something right.

Sympathy will only get a politcal party so far. A mother wont put someone in parliament because she feels sorry for them, she'll put him in parliament because she thinks he honestly has the best answers and can lay the groundwork for a good future for herself, her family and her community.

Griffin new for a fact that he was not going to get a chance to do this on Question Time. He chose to go there and set him self up. Perhaps he thinks the sympathy vote will be enough. I certanly don't, and he has not convinced me to vote BNP.

On another note, I think the BNP are just as politically immature as the Irish Republicans of 1916 and after. They saught an immediate brake with the Crown, and though I honour them for their sacrafice and I ackowledge that they did what they felt would be right for the Irish nation, it isn't what I would have done. It was rash and it was foolish.

Daniel O'Connel who spoke mainly during the 1800s wanted an end of the Union. He wanted an Irish parliament and an Irish kingdom. But he did not advocate violence but rather peaceful means. If Ireland had been given it's right to it own parliament, and an Irish parliament was in Ireland to deal with Irish problems, I honestly don't think anything like 1916, The Civil War, the Troubles etc., would have happened.

I've sort of went off the rails here. What I am trying to say is that the BNP just wont work.

Regards,
Eóin.

Eldritch
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
The mainstream pro-multikulti media keeps making the same mistake again and again: bringing thought criminals in front of the cameras in the hope of ridiculing them. It always backfires. The reason being that ordinary people are more intelligent than the intelligentsia. :D

Liffrea
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Eóin
In my opinion Griffin flopped. Can he be blamed?

Well, yes. Obviously going up against a hundred plus people who are hostile is going to test anyone’s nerves but Nick’s playing the game, he chose to play it. I’ve seen him speak and he’s good but that’s with a crowd who either support what he says or are sympathetic, anyone can preach to the converted. He was up against establishment figures Thursday night and he fell to pieces in front of the cameras.

To an extent yes. Everyone knew that the show was a stitch up, it was a safari and Griffin decided to play the game.

Did he have a choice? The best Nick could have got out of it is if the mupets of the UAF had managed to force the BBC to reconsider on grounds of safety etc. To refuse to appear may have been as damaging as actually turning up, then again people seem to want to vote for him after that performance, hell knows what would have happened if we had a real polemist fronting the BNP….

Griffin and the BNP have far too much baggage to ever be a serious, really serious alternative in British politics. They will always be on the fringes.

The reason there has never been a real revolution in English history is adaptability, the ruling class know when to bend and when to open the door. The BNP will never overturn the system (nobody ever has since 1066); can they become part of it? Without any real support amongst the ruling class the BNP doesn’t have many options. Their best hope is that things become decidedly worse in the UK.

I wil tell you this however, I liked Baroness Warsi. She came out the best.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, though, is it?

Straw could be a dangerous man if he didn’t represent such a corrupt, self serving regime.

Liffrea
10-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Trog

The BNP are attempting to overturn the establishment, few states take kindly to acts of that nature.

Democracy is relative. Jack Straw made himself a little speech Thursday night about a “moral compass” in politics and “race based” politics……which tells us quite a lot about what Jack Straw thinks democracy is.

W. R.
11-29-2009, 06:56 AM
I wish I had seen Mr. Griffin shouting at his opponents. :rolleyes: One who thinks it wouldn't have worked just has never seen Vladimir Zhirinovsky in operation.

Fortis in Arduis
11-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I wish I had seen Mr. Griffin shouting at his opponents. :rolleyes: One who thinks it wouldn't have worked just has never seen Vladimir Zhirinovsky in operation.

Hey there whitey! :D

I heard about the Fanta can incident too. Do you have a youtube clip? :D

W. R.
11-29-2009, 07:18 AM
I heard about the Fanta can incident too. Do you have a youtube clip? :DSure! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aeijcg6Umo

Don't forget to check related videos too.

Fortis in Arduis
11-29-2009, 08:17 AM
One can embed youtube clips into this illustrious forum:

_aeijcg6Umo

:pound:

Fred
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
BNP and Front National are my two favourite European parties, but I have nothing against Zionism either. I'm not too interested in the latter to know any parties of Israel anyway.

Fortis in Arduis
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
BNP and Front National are my two favourite European parties, but I have nothing against Zionism either. I'm not too interested in the latter to know any parties of Israel anyway.

I love the BNP.

I am neutral about the FN because they went all Islamo-buttkiss and they dropped ethno-nationalism.

In fact, France's first black Mayor was an FN candidate.

Move over Obamasama... :puke:

As for Israel, I am not even pro or anti-Zionist, I just like the nationalist-Zionists, because I am a nice guy and they are nice guys too. :tongue