PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to teach men not to rape?

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:01 AM
I identify as a feminist but there is one area in which I disagree with the majority of them.

You cannot "teach" men not to rape.

They often argue "Instead of telling women what they can do to avoid being raped, teach men not to rape."

But rape is about power and control. Granted, there are some instances of rape in which a man is too stupid to tell that "No" really means no, and is not just playing hard to get, but that is their own ignorance. You could teach about consent and what is and is not consent, but nothing is going to stop the man spiking women's drinks at parties, waiting in a dark alley, or breaking into her house.

Instead we ought to teach people how to take care when out, and put rapists in jail where they belong. But you cannot teach someone not to rape any more than you can teach them not to steal or murder. If they want to do it (and they do), they will, and if anything being told not to will just reinforce their desire since rape is about power.

Tooting Carmen
10-29-2013, 02:01 AM
I agree with the above.

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:03 AM
And I don't just mean men raping women; I mean men raping, since most rapes are done by men either to other men or to women.

Pjeter Pan
10-29-2013, 02:04 AM
The title pissed me off to be honest, only individual men that's are mess up in the head rape.

Pjeter Pan
10-29-2013, 02:04 AM
And I don't just mean men raping women; I mean men raping, since most rapes are done by men either to other men or to women. of course rape is done by men, how can a women rape someone lol

RussiaPrussia
10-29-2013, 02:06 AM
for feminists even having sex with a drunk women is rape for them

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:07 AM
for feminists even having sex with a drunk women is rape for them

It's rape if the man is not drunk.
If both are drunk, then it's just nonconsensual but neither one raped the other since neither could give consent; or you could say they raped one another, I don't know.

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:07 AM
The title pissed me off to be honest, only individual men that's are mess up in the head rape.

I didn't say men as a collective rape. But feminists often say "Teach men not to rape" as if it's possible. And I don't think you can teach a deranged person anything, and I do think most rapists are deranged and not simply ignorant (i.e. thinking unless the woman is violently fighting back that it's not rape).

Prisoner Of Ice
10-29-2013, 02:08 AM
I identify as a feminist but there is one area in which I disagree with the majority of them.

You cannot "teach" men not to rape.

Women seem to think everything on earth is learned behavior. However it's not. you are not going to have a rapist cannibal become an einstein no matter how you educate him, and people don't "integrate" into society. They are what they are.

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Women seem to think everything on earth is learned behavior. However it's not. you are not going to have a rapist cannibal become an einstein no matter how you educate him, and people don't "integrate" into society. They are what they are.

This is why I am one of the only self-identified feminists I know who does not believe in gun control. If someone tried to rape me (whether I was female or male) I'd want to be able to blow his fucking balls off.

Tooting Carmen
Rape and sexual violence are real problems, but I dislike how feminists use it as a pretext for greater censorship. In fact, sexually liberal cultures tend to be much more women-friendly than sexually conservative ones, not the other way round. Compare the Netherlands to Yemen, for example.

Black Wolf
Rape truly is disgusting.

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:11 AM
Read this article. It elaborates what I mean.

http://therightscoop.com/democrat-strategist-guns-arent-the-answer-just-tell-me-to-stop-raping-women/

It's not so simple as "Let's tell men to stop raping and be decent human beings and they will comply", otherwise rape would not exist. I don't think anything can be done to stop violent rapes, so we might as well be ready to defend ourselves.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-29-2013, 02:12 AM
It's rape if the man is not drunk.
If both are drunk, then it's just nonconsensual but neither one raped the other since neither could give consent; or you could say they raped one another, I don't know.

If you commit a crime when you're drunk you're held responsible and so I don't buy this 'drunk people can't give consent' argument. It's only valid if they're passed out drunk.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-29-2013, 02:16 AM
Rape is no longer much of an issue if people without a criminal record are allowed to carry a gun. There was a particular type of gun popular with women back in the day. I forget what they're called. They're small and fit inside a purse.

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:17 AM
It's just ridiculous to me that people actually think men can be "taught not to rape". So men who rape do it because no one ever told them it was wrong? No, they do it because they're fucking PSYCHOTIC sociopaths with no empathy, emotion, or reason. They are not capable of rational thought. They are criminals, and they require far more rehabilitation than a stern talking to on what is socially acceptable.

Swearengen
10-29-2013, 02:18 AM
You punish them.

It's no surprise that nanny states like Sweden who offer 5 star resorts to "rehabilitate" rapists for a few months have high rates of rape.

Sikeliot
10-29-2013, 02:19 AM
You punish them.

It's no surprise that nanny states like Sweden who offer 5 star resorts to "rehabilitate" rapists for a few months have high rates of rape.

I say lock them up and throw away the key. No sunlight.

Swearengen
10-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Rape is no longer much of an issue if people without a criminal record are allowed to carry a gun. There was a particular type of gun popular with women back in the day. I forget what they're called. They're small and fit inside a purse.

snub nose?

Herbalist
10-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Rape is about entitlement. This is why most rapists come from upper class families.

Teach boys not to be so entitled. But that isn't so easy, the media teaches this as well (in every TV show, the guy gets the girl at the end).

Black Wolf
10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Lock them up and let the other cons do what they will with them. Many get fucked up very badly if not killed.

Tooting Carmen
10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Rape is about entitlement. This is why most rapists come from upper class families.

Source?

Herbalist
10-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Source?

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/24/5_ways_sexual_assault_is_really_about_entitlement/

Decades of research and work clearly reveal that the defining characteristic of perpetrators of these crimes is entitlement. Perpetrators are people who believe they are “owed” something because of who they are or what they’ve done are the most likely to commit difference-based violence.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-29-2013, 02:24 AM
snub nose?

That sounds familiar but I'm not sure.

blklady2013
10-29-2013, 02:32 AM

Teach boys not to be so entitled. But that isn't so easy, the media teaches this as well (in every TV show, the guy gets the girl at the end).
I can see this. If these men feel a deep loss of control over others they feel entitled to, they may feel justified in being pushed to horrible measures to regain control they think is owed to them. I guess the scariest part is the psychology that goes on behind the act. This idea that a human has convinced himself that there is nothing more he should do about his own condition. That he is better off trying to control another human being at any cost. For these individuals, I think rape is just the tip of the iceberg...

blklady2013
10-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Lock them up and let the other cons do what they will with them. Many get fucked up very badly if not killed.
The vigilante justice part of me is insanely interested in knowing if there have been any studies done on the mental responses of rapists who have endured this type of punishment in jail...
I always want to know how they feel having to endure what they've done to someone else...
Does it change their perspective? Does the rudimentary thought process of "OW! That hurts, I guess I better not do that to someone else" ever occur? Or did they dehumanize the victims in their psyche thus rendering any emphathic response to their pain impossible to feel? I wonder if they ever make the connection between their own suffering and what they did to their victims?

armenianbodyhair
10-29-2013, 02:40 AM
3rd wave I assume? Feminism is at this point so disparate that it doesn't really mean anything specific any more.

SilverKnight
10-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Nothing is possible in this world~!

all it takes is will!

We can achieve winders... But I never understood the whole rape concept and how can people do this to others..

Black Wolf
10-29-2013, 02:54 AM
The vigilante justice part of me is insanely interested in knowing if there have been any studies done on the mental responses of rapists who have endured this type of punishment in jail...
I always want to know how they feel having to endure what they've done to someone else...
Does it change their perspective? Does the rudimentary thought process of "OW! That hurts, I guess I better not do that to someone else" ever occur? Or did they dehumanize the victims in their psyche thus rendering any emphathic response to their pain impossible to feel? I wonder if they ever make the connection between their own suffering and what they did to their victims?

Some of them probably get raped in prison themselves but more so I believe that most cons actually would rather kill them. There is a pecking order in the joint and rapists are near the bottom along with child molesters. Most cons have families and many have kids. They hate the thought of some scum bag raping their daughters or female relatives just as much as us on the outside do.

Pjeter Pan
10-29-2013, 03:53 AM
Some of them probably get raped in prison themselves but more so I believe that most cons actually would rather kill them. There is a pecking order in the joint and rapists are near the bottom along with child molesters. Most cons have families and many have kids. They hate the thought of some scum bag raping their daughters or female relatives just as much as us on the outside do.
Child
rapist/killers/molesters/pedophiles have it the worst in prison they're brutally beat/Tortured and sometimes killed.

Black Wolf
10-29-2013, 03:55 AM
Child
rapist/killers/molesters/pedophiles have it the worst in prison they're brutally beat/Tortured and sometimes killed.

Yup exactly...Which is what they deserve.

Pjeter Pan
10-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Yup exactly...Which is what they deserve.
No doubt

Herr Abubu
11-01-2013, 09:37 PM
You don't need to teach men not to rape since the vast majority of them don't. All men are taught that rape is immoral. A minority of men do it even though they know that it's seen as immoral. Sites like these (http://www.mencanstoprape.org/) are extremely offensive to all men.

If any other groups were targeted, it would be seen as hate speech, but certainly not when the group targeted is men. Men, especially white men, maybe East Asians if there weren't so relatively few of them in the West, are okay targets for anything. Say "Teach women not to abuse their children.", or "Teach black people not to steal." on the public arena. It would be an outrage. For good reason, of course, but it's hypocrisy to selectively protest some cases and support other when the same principle is involved in all of the cases.

Lucifer
11-01-2013, 09:42 PM
by teaching men to not rape you imply the fact that they're born rapists which is very sexist.
but feminists are men haters so no surprise.

Maleficent
11-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I think not. These people are naturally sick, criminal, disturbed, whatever you wanna call it. The same also goes not just for rapists, but people who commit sexual harassment, molestation, harass people over the Internet, etc. Besides, the vast majority of men are gentlemen, it is just a few bad apples who ruin it for the rest of them.

Svipdag
11-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Men, probably not; boys, definitely. Just bring them up properly. If boys are brought up to respect their mothers, and, by extensioin, other women and are brought up to respect, and obey the law, they will not become rapists. If they are brought up in homes with abusive fathers or in a social ,or religious environment in which women are regarded as worthless except in the kitchen or in bed, they will have no respect for women and will not hesitate to use them for their own pleasure with or without their consent

ID FACERE LAVS EST QVOD DECET NON QVOD LICET. -- LVCIVS ANNAEVS SENECA

King Claus
11-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Highly dependent on method and race i think the answer would be yes and no

Lucifer
11-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Men, probably not; boys, definitely. Just bring them up properly. If boys are brought up to respect their mothers, and, by extensioin, other women and are brought up to respect, and obey the law, they will not become rapists. If they are brought up in homes with abusive fathers or in a social ,or religious environment in which women are regarded as worthless except in the kitchen or in bed, they will have no respect for women and will not hesitate to use them for their own pleasure with or without their consent

ID FACERE LAVS EST QVOD DECET NON QVOD LICET. -- LVCIVS ANNAEVS SENECA

most of serial rapists had a dominant mother or an abusive one.