PDA

View Full Version : sexism in the automotive industry

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 10:42 AM
A Portland-based Ducati dealer MotoCorsa did a photo shoot with a lovely lady named Kylie and a Ducati 1199 Panigale, we passed on running the photos. Then something interesting happened: MotoCorsa did a follow-up photo shoot, this time with men from around the shop, recreating the shots from the photo shoot with Kylie. Perhaps not the most flattering photos we’ve ever seen, it is however a delicious role-reversal, not to mention showing some good humor from the gentlemen involved.

here are some of the pictures.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MotoCorsa-seDUCATIve-MANigale-photo-comparison-11.jpghttp://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MotoCorsa-seDUCATIve-MANigale-photo-comparison-02.jpghttp://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MotoCorsa-seDUCATIve-MANigale-photo-comparison-06.jpghttp://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MotoCorsa-seDUCATIve-MANigale-photo-comparison-07.jpghttp://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MotoCorsa-seDUCATIve-MANigale-photo-comparison-10.jpg
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/banter/photos-ducati-1199-panigale-moto-corsa-seducative-manigale/

McCauley
10-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Automobile work is man's work.

SilverKnight
10-29-2013, 10:46 AM
I respect women, but I think they should be home with the family, doing house chores, online schooling, watching T.V, reading a magazine, taking care of the kid, and let the man go work (as traditionally is).. This is how me and my wife do it.

:)

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Automobile work is man's work.
http://i.imgur.com/0KGFVE0.gif

I respect women, but I think they should be home with the family, doing house chores, online schooling, watching T.V, reading a magazine, taking care of the kid, and let the man go work (as traditionally is).. This is how me and my wife do it.

http://i.imgur.com/riJ5757.gif

Hadouken
10-29-2013, 10:49 AM
where is the sexism ?

McCauley
10-29-2013, 10:50 AM

And this is what keeps families together and functional. I have first-hand experience of what happens when the wife thinks she should be in control, and the ensuing power-struggle is never a good thing for a little kid, especially if there's cussing and yelling (maybe even hitting) involved.

Prisoner Of Ice
lame as shit

SilverKnight
http://i.imgur.com/0KGFVE0.gif

http://i.imgur.com/riJ5757.gif

Why?

it's how it has always been in her and my family for centuries

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Why?

it's how it has always been in her and my family for centuries
it's fine for you to be that way but don't tell me that everyone has to be like you and your wife.

SilverKnight
10-29-2013, 10:55 AM
And this is what keeps families together and functional. I have first-hand experience of what happens when the wife thinks she should be in control, and the ensuing power-struggle is never a good thing for a little kid, especially if there's cussing and yelling (maybe even hitting) involved.

Patriarchy is what keeps western society strong and progressive.

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Patriarchy is what keeps western society strong and progressive.
yeah, conservatism is what made America great.... tots.

SilverKnight
10-29-2013, 11:00 AM

Conservatism doesn't necessarily mean "racism" or bigotry, I know many conservatives whom are not racist or bias, but yet they don't support homosexuality and feminism.

This is what makes America unique, you can find this good things.

Are you really from Svalbard ? or Mainland Norway? I would expect you to be from Sweden, which is more feminist?

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Conservatism doesn't necessarily mean "racism" or bigotry, I know many conservatives whom are not racist or bias, but yet they don't support homosexuality and feminism.
conservatism literally means abiding the old structures, policies, ideas.(like slavery)
but w/e live and let live is my policy but apparently it's not yours. According to you I belong in the kitchen.
therefore, fuck off.

McCauley
10-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Holy shit Svalbard isnt that that freezing cold hell-hole of an island, why would anyone want to live there?

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:10 AM

And what made America great? Feminism? :lol:

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
And what made America great? Feminism? :lol:
revolutions and progressive thinking.

Holy shit Svalbard isnt that that freezing cold hell-hole of an island, why would anyone want to live there? the rent is pretty sweet.

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:15 AM
revolutions and progressive thinking.

:lol:

What revolution? What progressive thinking?

Would you explain it to me? Just one example for both. Please! :)

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:18 AM
blah, blah, blah

really? how about ze constitution and ze ending of slavery....

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:29 AM
really? how about ze constitution and ze ending of slavery....

Missy, you overate thinks pretty hard! :) That's maybe the reason why you created this thread about this "Topic Number 123443215 only feminists care". :)

The constitution is just a piece of paper. Like all constitutions. There has to be a power behind it who protects the constitution. This is not the case in America.
Ending of slavery? :lol: Nobody cared for the Africans! Lincoln was the greatest liar in American history, his only luck was to get shot! He didn't care for any African, he just wanted to conquer the South. He had no right to do this. But the South was too rich and the Wall Street didn't like this. THAT'S why the Slaves had to be released! Killing South Americans, killing Indians, victimize thousands of his own troops and let the now free but work less Africans starve to death.

What a great revolution!

SilverKnight
10-29-2013, 11:33 AM
conservatism literally means abiding the old structures, policies, ideas.(like slavery)
but w/e live and let live is my policy but apparently it's not yours. According to you I belong in the kitchen.
therefore, fuck off.

Why get like that : 0 ?? I never said you did, it's anyone's choice to do so! including yourself..

Its just that in my opinion, female and male have their own unique duties. Naturally guys have been the leaders and stronger ones, and females the more social ones.

There are things my wife will do, that I could never do the same way, do you see what I mean ? :/ nothing personal ok

Holy shit Svalbard isnt that that freezing cold hell-hole of an island, why would anyone want to live there?

I heard anyone from any country can pretty much go there without having to have Norwegian residential permit. Is pretty much a free zone with very low taxes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4gURZQPW4U

McCauley
Missy, you overate thinks pretty hard! :) That's maybe the reason why you created this thread about this "Topic Number 123443215 only feminists care". :)

The constitution is just a piece of paper. Like all constitutions. There has to be a power behind it who protects the constitution. This is not the case in America.
Ending of slavery? :lol: Nobody cared for the Africans! Lincoln was the greatest liar in American history, his only luck was to get shot! He didn't care for any African, he just wanted to conquer the South. He had no right to do this. But the South was too rich and the Wall Street didn't like this. THAT'S why the Slaves had to be released! Killing South Americans, killing Indians, victimize thousands of his own troops and let the now free but work less Africans starve to death.

What a great revolution! You are actually somewhat right about Lincoln, the main reason for him issuing the Proclamation was so that Britain wouldn't enter the war on the side of the South.

Aunt Hilda

Ugh... they had the first constitution you idiot, that is fairly revolutionary.

not even gonna comment on your dribbles on Lincoln since you're clearly mental.

Hadouken
10-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Ugh... they had the first constitution you idiot,

hey thats sexist

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:36 AM
You are actually somewhat right about Lincoln, the main reason for him issuing the Proclamation was so the Britain wouldn't continue aiding the South.

+

Some states were loyal to the North and had Slaves and they were allowed to keep them.

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:39 AM
You are actually somewhat right about Lincoln, the main reason for him issuing the Proclamation was so that Britain wouldn't enter the war on the side of the South.
Lincolns main goal was to keep the union in tack, he said this in his letters. we know.

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Ugh... they had the first constitution you idiot, that is fairly revolutionary.

:picard2:

That's not true. Iceland had a constitution 1874.

And maybe you read a book first before you talk about history. Way more useful than criticise "sexist" problems that just exist for you.

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:44 AM

And maybe you read a book first before you talk about history. Way more useful than criticise "sexist" problems that just exist for you.1874? wow, that sure does beat the 1787 US Constitution.

McCauley
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Lincolns main goal was to keep the union in tack, he said this in his letters. we know.

Come on now little girl, don't you think I know my American history?

http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/od/introtoforeignpolicy/a/Emancipation-Proclamation-Was-Also-Foreign-Policy.htm

McCauley
10-29-2013, 11:46 AM

And maybe you read a book first before you talk about history. Way more useful than criticise "sexist" problems that just exist for you.

Lol dude.

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
1874? wow, that sure does beat the 1787 US Constitution.

Damn, my bad.

Whatever take the constitution of San Marino. (1600, this time I read the numbers correctly)

Hayalet
10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Gender equality doesn't mean ignoring natural differences (in this case, aesthetical) between sexes. Next.

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Come on now little girl, don't you think I know my American history?

http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/od/introtoforeignpolicy/a/Emancipation-Proclamation-Was-Also-Foreign-Policy.htm
are you saying that I'm wrong to agree with you?

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Lol dude.

:D

Yea, my bad! I have to calm down! :D But sorry, the oldest constitution is not American. ;)

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Damn, my bad.

Whatever take the constitution of San Marino. (1600, this time I read the numbers correctly)
or, or the statutes of lithuania in 1529.... :picard1:

don't play dumb, you know that's not comparable.

McCauley
10-29-2013, 11:51 AM
are you saying that I'm wrong to agree with you?

Sorry sweet honey, I thought you meant something else.

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 11:52 AM
don't play dumb, you know that's not comparable.

Why?

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Why?
the statutes and decrees of san marino only became a constitution in 1974 :picard1:.......
honestly, you seriously didn't know that america had the first constitution(in the modern meaning of the term) ?

McCauley
10-29-2013, 11:55 AM
:D

Yea, my bad! I have to calm down! :D But sorry, the oldest constitution is not American. ;)

America's constitution was the first to outline specific limitations of government and the rights of citizens in great detail. Like she said, not comparable.

Grenzland
10-29-2013, 12:42 PM
ze constitution

:rolleyes:

If you add more information about what you want to say, then it would be easier for me to argue. You even called a civil war "Revolution".

And never the less, it's just a piece of paper. Like today.

Aunt Hilda
10-29-2013, 12:51 PM
:rolleyes:

If you add more information about what you want to say, then it would be easier for me to argue. You even called a civil war "Revolution".

And never the less, it's just a piece of paper. Like today.
riiiiiight, and people are just compositions of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus nothing of importance or significance.

SilverKnight
10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
riiiiiight, and people are just compositions of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus nothing of importance or significance.

Do you care/ believe in racial preservation still

Grenzland
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM

In the history of the USA there were a lot of violations of the constitution.

Aunt Hilda
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
In the history of the USA there were a lot of violations of the constitution.
of course, just look at the amount of amendments.

Grenzland
10-30-2013, 10:50 AM
of course, just look at the amount of amendments.

No I mean violations.

Thinks that truly are against the constitution but nothing happened. What's so special about an idea if nobody cares for it?

Lucifer
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM
the message is simple : if you drive this bike, you'll get all the chicks.
this is sexist towards men because it implies we can't appreciate the bike for its performance and we only think about sex, which is not true.

Leliana
10-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Aunt Hilda, stop crying around and stop moaning about imgaginary 'sexism in automobile industries'. :stop My father works for BMW in the design department, I drive a BMW myself and love cars.

Just because you can't afford to drive a good car you don't need to blame men for everything. Women like you give women like us bad reputation.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/032013/1362420800_subaru_overtakes_like_a_boss.gif

See ya, road slowpoke! :P

Kiyant
10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Aunt Hilda, stop crying around and stop moaning about imgaginary 'sexism in automobile industries'. :stop My father works for BMW in the design department, I drive a BMW myself and love cars.

Just because you can't afford to drive a good car you don't need to blame men for everything. Women like you give women like us bad reputation.

This

Grenzland
10-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Women like you give women like us bad reputation.

!!!

Plus:

They are a very little minority. They just cry very loud! If they were an important part of the population advertisement would change of course. But there is no need for this.

robar
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
the message is simple : if you drive this bike, you'll get all the chicks.
this is sexist towards men because it implies we can't appreciate the bike for its performance and we only think about sex, which is not true.

:thumb001:;)
YEs that's it

robar
10-30-2013, 11:34 AM
it's fine for you to be that way but don't tell me that everyone has to be like you and your wife.

I agree with you but that the couple should talk the matters is stupid someone has to have the final world, otherwise too much debate.

Aunt Hilda
10-30-2013, 12:05 PM

sister, the thread is about a funny photo shoot some guys in Portland did, not ''who's the best driver''.
and btw, I use public transport because it's better for the environment

Do you care/ believe in racial preservation still
what?

I agree with you but that the couple should talk the matters is stupid someone has to have the final world, otherwise too much debate.maybe it should depend on the argument and not the sex?

robar
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
maybe it should depend on the argument and not the sex?

I agree with you, but remember this is a double edged sword, because who do not decide can complain later:evil:evil:evil