PDA

View Full Version : To you and yours...

Gundwane
12-31-2008, 01:03 AM
MY NEW YEAR’S WISH FOR YOU

The sun will soon be rising on the morning of another day, the first day of the New Year. What can I wish that this day, this year may bring? Nothing that shall make the world or others poorer; Nothing at the expense of other men, but just those few things which, in their coming, do not stop with me, but touch me rather as they pass and gather strength.

A few friends who understand me, and yet remain my friends. A work to do which has real value, and without which the world would feel the poorer. The return for such work, small enough not to tax unduly anyone who pays.

I wish this New Year to bring me a mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed. A heart that understands, and in understanding, better able to help you carry your load in life. May I understand the meaning of the tears that sometimes dim your eyes. May I never be the cause of that deep hurt which I have seen in your eyes.

May the New Year bring a sight of the eternal hills and the unresting sea, and of something beautiful the hand of man has made. Bring me also – and this is important – a sense of humour and the power to laugh. A little leisure with nothing to do but spend my dreams when evening descends and encloaks us in a robe of deep velvet.

I wish those who are away a speedy and safe return, and for those who return not, the reward they sought in the house of our Father. I ask also for a few moments of quiet meditation in the knowledge of the presence of God.

May I never be the cause of one tear to fall, one heart to ache, one friend to lose. And I ask for the patience to wait for the coming of these things with the wisdom to know them when they come.

And that is my New Year’s wish for you.

==============================

I asked the man who stood at the Gate of the Year: “Give me a light so that I may tread safely into the unknown. And he replied: “Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than a light and safer than a known way.”

Minnie Louise Haskins 1875-1957

Oresai
12-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Nicely said. My (distinctly heathen) wish for the good folks here is for simple prosperity, health and luck throughout the coming year.
We could all use a little more of all three, I think. ;)

Absinthe
12-31-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm off, hasty wishes for a Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Let's hope 2009 will bring us happiness and prosperity even though it is highely unlikely :D So let's hope we are able to endure all the hardships coming our way and survive the various universal crises.

Love ya all,

D.

:love: