Hrimskegg

1. It all keeps coming

My copies of A New Introduction to Old Norse and a 6' 2.5" stave of yew finally showed up in the mail. The Grammar book has really helped me out, and will continue to do so I'm sure, on grasping the language conventions that will help me with this Runic study.

And in the time honored tradition of modern Heathenry, I've finally come up with a fitting personal name, but I won't make it concrete until I'm done with the yew stave.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I'm ambivalent over Edred Thorsson

So I've been reading, or more appropriately: delving, into Edred Thorsson's A Handbook of Rune Magic. And I've got to say, is understanding of such things strikes me as...happy shiny people laughing. His technique appears to be solid, mind, but his rune interpretation leaves me feeling out of sorts. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who wholeheartedly jump on Thorsson's wagon, so it's really just me personally having trouble with it.

I love the book's appendixes though. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Jumping into it.

I'm in the process of taking back up one of the things I was taught as a boy, specifically leather craft. Some months ago I purchased a kit to get back into it, and now I'm going to start on it. I'm using my blog space as a sort of journal for the work, give me a place to update my progress and keep me focused.

First thing: deciding the designs. Still working on that, but I plan on taking my drawing pad here and experimenting until I find something I like. I have been trying ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized