Most Popular Blogs

1. The Armenian Genocide, 1915

Uğur Ümit Üngör

‘Either the Armenians would eliminate the Turks or the Turks would eliminate the Armenians. I didn’t hesitate for one moment when confronted with this dilemma. My Turkish identity won out
    over my profession. I thought: we must destroy them before they destroy us. If you ask me how I as a doctor could commit murder, my answer is simple: the Armenians had become dangerous
    microbes in the body of this country. And surely it is a doctor’s duty to kill bacteria?’

Updated 04-30-2019 at 01:34 PM by Tigranes

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. THE GEOPOLITICS OF RUSSIA

THE GEOPOLITICS OF RUSSIA: Permanent Struggle

Russia’s defining characteristic is its indefensibility. Unlike the core of most states that are relatively defensible, core Russia is limited to the region of the medieval Grand Principality of Muscovy. It counts no rivers, oceans, swamps or mountains marking its borders — it relies solely on the relatively inhospitable climate and its forests for defense. Russian history is a chronicle of the agony of surviving invasion after
  3. Scottish Settlement in the Carolinas

If you've been long in North Carolina, chances are you've met someone with the surname of Campbell, McNeill, or Stewart. It's also very likely that you've come across more than a few Presbyterian churches, particularly in the more rural areas. These are two of the legacies that have been brought here by immigrants from the highlands of Scotland. Something rather unique to these immigrants is the way they moved in large, organized groups directly from their homes, to the new and uncertain landscape ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Lie Of Secularization As A Product Of Modern, "Enlightened" Youth

I have met quite a few people who claim that youth today are more enlightened and questioning than their forefathers. They claim that they are brilliant as they have come to question the nature of their ancestral Christian faith and put on the weapons and armour of Atheism. I would like to disagree.

Before I go on, I want to say that this is not a blog on the nature and doctrine of Christianity or Atheism, or which is actually correct. I will focus mainly on the secularization ...

Updated 07-13-2012 at 10:55 AM by Siegfried (Just Editing)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ahiska Turks and their "destiny"

Under Soviet Russia there were many Turkic people and in WW2 they were drafted (estimated over 150.000) into the army and fought battles againt Nazi Germany. Ahiska Türks (in English Meskhetian Turks) from teenagers to men as old as 40s also took part in the conflict. They joined the ranks (estimated over 40.000) of the Soviets without any resistance, in fact many of them were thinking they were defending their villages from a possible Nazi invasion. Some of them went as far as into to Germany, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized