Most Popular Blogs

1. Strength, Balance, Courage and Wisdom

Among the traditions of the Catalans, one of the most well-known is the castells or castles, usually translated into English as human towers. It is also a highly symbolic tradition, although to the eye of a tourist or a passer-by, this may just look like a spectacular but crazy thing with children doing the risky part. However, the risks of it are much fewer than it first seems, and the fun, sense of collectivity, mix of decision, courage, accuracy, and balance exceed by far every other feeling. ...
  2. Flag of Georgia

The official Flag of Georgia is the "Five-cross Flag", restored to official use on January 14, 2004, after a break of some 500 years. It was previously the flag of the medieval Georgian kingdom.

Originally, the white flag with the single red St. George's cross was used by the Georgian King Vakhtang Gorgasali in the 5th century as the national symbol of the Georgian state and nation. During the golden age of the ...
  3. Hail Moscow! by Dr. Joseph Goebbels, 1927

Following the celebration of the ten year anniversary of the Russian Revolution, three young Berlin communists from the Köpernick district committed suicide after they had taken a touching farewell from their comrades. They explained calmly that they had lost faith in the future of the International.

It is said of Ernst Thälmann, the communist leader, that during the Hamburg uprising he laid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Painting With Words

So, I do this poetry thing sometimes where I have a person give me 3-5 words and then I write a poem for them. Below are some of my PWW for others.

Would you like a painting with words? Submit your five words then please .
    -----

"Creeper Set 1"
    (conglomerate- absolution- parsimony)

He counted his coins with a final sigh,
    A brief release, a small piece of love
    Embedded sweet in a catcher in the rye.
    Each moment, ...