Most Popular Blogs

1. Lincoln's Opinion on the Negro

[QUOTE=Æmeric;16336]Abraham Lincoln would be denounced as a racist if he was alive today. Weird given that Obama has tried to make much of the fact that he (Obama) was elected from the land of Lincoln, anounced his candidancy for the presidency from the Old Statehouse in Springfield where Lincoln served & took the oath of office on Lincoln's Bible. And made a big deal of taking the same route by train from New York to Washington as Lincoln, part of the pre-inaugural festivites.:rolleyes: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. On Being a Southern Hemisphere Heathen.

A suggestion was made to me by Aemma in regards to writing up this subject, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I live in a part of the world that still sees the need to conform to Northern Hemisphere traditions, mainly because of our Indo European heritage.

In particular, Christmas is flogged to death in December, as a carryover from Yuletide. All the Christmas cards printed are of Santa, reindeer and snow, bloody snow!

In our part of the world - and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Raising A Little Girl In 4 Trads

My mother takes my daughter to church on Sunday.My daughter sees me holding devotions to the Aesir and ancestors and I tell her some of the stories.My wife tells her of the ancient Fae and the Egyptian gods after I give her "Asa-time" on Friday night.My daughter's biological mother is Celtic Wiccan and as they live together, she's more exposed to that than anything else.Mostly, though, with us she's a little girl who is also my daughter.We encourage her to be a little girl and only later ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ancestor Veneration

Well, I've previously mentioned on these fora how what I do is essentially ancestor worship and now I'm going to get into where in these various places my personal Folk actually do come from and how I propose to integrate various pagan/heathen ideals into my life.In Britain and Northern Ireland, they tended to be from the north, the northwest, the west and the south, indicative of Anglo-Saxon,Norse,Norman and Celtic blood, which is reflected in various degrees by myself and my family.As the German ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Should We Have Let Them Go?

Recently, I have been constantly muttering to myself about the state of our banking systems, our economies and its long lasting effects on generations to come. I sit here in disbelief, aghast at what has happened. My question is, should we have left the finance houses to their own devices and if so what would have been the affects of this after they had declared bankruptcy?

No-one has been left immune, save for a few economies scattered around the world. Our governments have now ploughed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast