All Blog Entries

1. The Camping saga begins

So Having decided with a friend that, we want to get fitter, spend more time outdoors and have very little money, we've decided to take advantage of some of the beautiful scenery around here and go camping. Having been sat at the table in a friends house (I'm there at the moment too) We've also dragged my best friend into this expedition as well, (and so her Boyfriend will be coming he doesn't get a choice!) So she's bought a tent waterproof trousers trangia etc, and had her 4 seasons bag sent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Drifting Around and Loving It!

Ever since I received my second cousin Allen's DNA email and my classification here, I've been studying Celtic forms of reconstructionism and I've learned quite a lot.Although my troth is pledged to the Aesir, it is very interesting to learn about different aspects of Celtic life in ancient times.It's not too unlike ancient Norse culture, but unlike enough to be intriguing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Happy Post :-)

Life has been good to me today.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My experience at the Obama Inauguration

I was at the Obama Inauguration. I wrote the below as series of postings elsewhere, to pour out my firsthand observations so that I wouldn't forget them. (If anyone reads this, I apologize in advance for it being perhaps meandering and long; again it was simply the pouring out of raw observations).

I was at the inauguration today [20th January 2009], standing several hundred yards behind the second "Jumbotron" monitor from the Capitol. Since the poorly-run local heavy-rail
    Tags: obama Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Correction...

So I was wrong, I suppose.Keltic-Nordid wasn't actually a fusion of Celtic and Germanic types.That Nordish type seems to be more accurately the Celtic branch of the Nordid subrace.I did read the Bruenn correctly, though.I think it was an Unaltered Palaeolithic physical type common to Western Europe and the British Isles.That does seem to fit with the DNA findings of the McDonalds(my mother's family).Our branch was Celtic with no Norse DNA found on the paternal side.The families that married in to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. I've Been Classified! Yay!

Keltic-Nordid Bruenn.I guess that what that means is that my ancestors were Celtic and Germanic peoples who blended in with the aboriginal inhabitants of Britain.Either that, or such ancestry came out in me, while my Atlanto-Mediterranid ancestors of France and my family's earlier associations were absorbed by the Keltic Nordid Bruenns.I haven't noticed any lessening of devotion in me to the Aesir and Vanir.On the contrary, I have a deeper devotion to them and feel ever more a part of my Folk.My ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Folkish Heart

What an interesting day.The more and more I look at the way things are going in this messed up country of ours, the more I am convinced that we as Euro-Americans need to come together as a people.Hispanics are united in essentials, so are Blacks.Asians too, for that matter.I'm rather of the opinion that we need to unite and to return to the ancient ways of our forebears, to get to a place where we,our ancestors, the land wights and the Holy Powers all coexist and actively work together to improve ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Thanking the Gods

Slightly more frivolous than the title suggests. an hour and a half before my exam and I decide I want to check something that is on a pdf. Ok no problem I say, I look on the computer, not there. Ok it's on the pen drive, which is in my trouser pocket, which has just been washed and tumble dried. Argh, Absolute miracle it still works and all files are accessible, this is the third time it's been through the washing machine! It's also 6 years old and it is truly the work of I divine power that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Oh, Aesir, Obama!

Gods and goddesses,wights and ancestors, hail!The 44th president of the United States of America has been sworn in and assumed office.I fear for our people, oh ye Holy Powers, how I fear for us!Just today I've read articles written by bitter colored folks about how black the history of our people is in this great nation.But who made this nation, number one, and also who made it great? Us White Folks!
    WE brought literacy to this land.WE brought industry to this part of the world.WE united ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. It`s Worth A Try

I`m going to enter a writing competition.
    There`s prize money in it, and I`d love to be highbrow and say I don`t care about that, but well, it`s a LOT of prize money, so of course I do!
    Well, there`s this recession going on here, you see...
    But also, I love writing. Short stories mainly...haven`t got a book in me. I just love writing though.
    Thing is, most of my stories are..well...a bit on the wyrd side...barbarians and Sidhe folks, hounds and hidden realms and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized