Most Popular Blogs

1. First Tale

Since my Dad's brother, my Uncle Joe, gave Tammy and I that camcorder for a wedding gift, we've recorded many things,but tonight I decided to record my legacy for my daughter, Kiersten.My wife recorded me recalling and telling some stories that Granny McDonald passed down to me regarding her mother, Marie Pecot, the stories of the Pecot and Armelin families in Louisiana, Haiti and France.It's amazing, the emotion that can be evoked by long,unspoken memories.All the family legends, history and lore ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Adoption and Second Tale

Adoption.My wife has her heart set on it and my heart is set on us having our own kids.We had a minor altercation about this.It's not that I don't want to adopt, which I don't, but I do want to raise those of my own blood.I simply can't let it end with Kiersten.I just can't.
    I told the stories that were told to me of my father's mother, Elna Thorne-Gooding.
    There wasn't really a lot to tell.She was of Scotch-Irish descent, she didn't know who her father was, she never really said ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Price of Our Instrument

by , 02-24-2009 at 12:11 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    We suffer, and openly engage in the suffering, of potentialities. We further find that to do so evokes an awareness of that which is necrotic in our willed , and willing essence; which is to say, that which subsumes the ignoble characteristcs that our respective Lines have infused. Whilst the 'operation' is a delicate proceedure, to be sure, we find ourselves with very little concern of that which is delicate. Almost as if the best within us, being the best, commands, "Tear it out! - so what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yet Another Alteration!

I'm trying to condense my ancestry from smaller countries such as England,Scotland and Northern Ireland to larger political designations such as British..at least, as Wikipedia would define it..www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Americans
    Remembering my French Creole ancestry as well, I can just refer to www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_French
    As research has shown, I've elements of German and German Swiss via both the British and French Creole minglings in my family.I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. On Random Significance...

by , 03-21-2009 at 09:31 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    ...To what, to whom, do I owe my capacity for suffering? To what, and to whom, do any of us - the Order of the 'Other'? For that is what, indeed, we are: 'we' fit no mould; 'we' understand no Absolute; and - what is more - 'we' find a vainglorious ring to the sound of the trumpets of "modernity"... what have we to do with the modern? - as recognisers of the Retrogression of the type 'Man'?

We owe no umbrage, nor do we owe a genuflection to what is occurring during the times

Updated 03-22-2009 at 04:56 AM by Aemma (a spelling oopsie in the title :))

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast