Most Popular Blogs

1. LOL!

Ah, my obsession with ancestral research has now passed like an incurable virus into my wife! Now she insists that I help her on her family tree and I've dived into this project headfirst.Unfortunately, she doesn't exactly have the leeway I did with relatives who could afford to go in depth in our genealogy, so I've got less material.The important thing is, I've got some material to work with and that should lead to a little more.
    I've been able to confirm her Scottish, Southwestern ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Happy Birthday Dad!

Were you still alive, Dad, you would've turned 74 today. Although nine years has passed since you went away, I still miss you - some years seem to be more painful than others for reasons I can't explain.

I wish to write this tribute for you today, Dad. I remember, first of all, how you were born in Malta (from what you told me of course), the second oldest son and third oldest child. You were born just before WW2, and you endured the blitzes which would've felt never-endingly horrendous! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Machiavellian Psyche

by , 04-13-2009 at 01:02 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    "...A lull came. A subtle hush in the dynamic. The undulations of my ire grew to the precipice of rage – which I knew he had the power to snap into fury. He seemed calmer than ever. The why’s and where’s of his clam were imponderable – and frightening. But why would I be frightened? What was ‘fright’ to me at this juncture? As fright is a foreign notion to me now, it was not then…Indeed, it, and my own choler seemed much the same thing, in no way exclusive of one another. And there 'the People' ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Wrong Turns

by , 04-13-2009 at 04:31 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    I would save you the pain of thinking too awfully hard of the theory of altruism: nothing is ever quite just given for no reason other than ‘inherent rightness’. I cackle uncontrollably while saying those words.

We all have an irresistible pull towards something. I am not exempt. You are not exempt. And here, listen close: no one, and yet everyone is responsible for their actions. This is not a very pretty fact; but it is a fact. And yet… wrong turns, if I may, can still be made.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Cross-Sectional Wisdom...

by , 06-19-2009 at 05:13 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    To whom do I owe an explianaton..?

Hilarily! - For he who recognises that which I am - that which I am representative of - I owe so much the little...

For they look into mine eyes - as the are!

- Whoa! - unto those who see me, and my motivation, NOT!

These are the lost one's - who shall - and should! ... - remain forever so!

...For what does one who has seen the entirety care for detractors...?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast