All Blog Entries

1. The Meaning of the Constitution.

[url]http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009/09/the-meaning-of-the-constitution[/url]

The Constitution of the United States has endured for over two centuries. It remains the object of reverence for nearly all Americans and an object of admiration by peoples around the world. William Gladstone was right in 1878 when he described the U.S. Constitution as "the most wonderful work ever struck off at a given time by the brain and purpose of man."

Part of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Identity

Although it is written first person, it is not from my eyes but the eyes of 'he who stalked me'. Or 'Blowey'. Or Rumplestiltskin Personality Disordered Motherfucker That I Can't Identify Who Also is an Erotomaniac Who is Obsessed With Slipknot.

Identity
    by Wendy Riley on Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 9:34pm

identity[eye-dent-uh-tee]Latin identity:
    1. The state or fact of being 2. The principle that a thing is, what it is, and not that of
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Killing Dragons

Dragons aren't born often. (While monsters are born all the time.) There probably haven't been twenty born since the crucifixtion. Their number isn't the problem, it's that the damn things are all but immortal.
    Dragons live on hate and pain and innocent blood. Certain types of fear feed them also.
    They don't often choose battlefields however, unless lured there by a monster of great power. When they do find themselves on a battlefield; they bleed with the blood of men.
    No matter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. sad today

the so-called 'boyfriend' keeps letting me down. i adore him but i can't trust him.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Invisible Country

It's a fact, I live in an invisible country. Up until now, I thought it was just invisible to the eyes of foreigners. Whenever I travel abroad, I can't say I am from Catalonia, because it doesn't exist. All I can say is I am from Barcelona, a city I'm not from, and then something lights up in the minds of people, as Barcelona rings a bell either as a Spanish/Mexican city or -to the best informed- as a European city vaguely located somewhere in the South by the Mediterranean Sea, cradle of a well-known ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Nefas colligo erado damnatio

Target audience: Those who have a spiritual bent, as the thought applies to any group holding to absolute moral values as a guide to life.

We hear from time to time (When we aren't being told not to judge, lest we be judged) that there is sin in the church.
    Setting aside for the moment that the church is full of sinners, which renders the previous contention Declamo nusquam, I must assume that the speaker means that the church has become to tolerant of sin in its midst.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Classify my anthropological type,please!

Hi everybody!I need a classification,please!I'd also like to hear your opinion about my country of origin(If you please?).I am 185cm(6' 1") tall with very pale skin(I often get the definition "porcelain skin")... WTF?I have light brown eyes and what they call "dirt blond" hair.Thank you!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Back in the First World Again...(whew!)

I spent the greater part of April cruising the Caribbean with my boyfriend. He loves cruising. It's our fourth this year, and my fifth, overall. Probably his forty-fifth or something, but he lost track long ago. Anyway.

I love the things like: not having to cook, clean, do laundry, work, etc. I lost my patience for some of the other bits, not too long ago. Like: being awakened every morning by the sound of a vacuum cleaner banging against my cabin door. The sound of drunken assholes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. What? I can has a blog?!

Hey, thanks, this is cool. I had a blog at an online forum I used to belong to, but I quit that group and am not going back. No room in my life for liars, gossipmongers, and shit-stirrers.

Having a blog is good for me, though. I like putting things down in writing for others to see, as it gives me a measure of accountability in my thoughts and such. Sometimes, I get support, sometimes, I get that much-needed call to "snap out of it!" OK, sometimes I get abuse, too, but there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. On shooting people and moral compasses

I just returned from spending four days in the Nevada desert at one of the premier shooting schools in the country. I learned a lot.

Not, mind you, that I wasn't very good with small arms already, but the quality of instruction raised my skill set more than a few notches.

I also confronted a few of my own doubts head-on.

I've never had to shoot at lifelike targets before, and I found it more difficult than I would have imagined. It has caused a reset of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized