Newsboy

Iraq and Sri Lanka: More Similar Than You Think

Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
I know this has no affiliation with Europe, but I just find the similarities between these two countries to be fascinating!

And plus, I'm an Asian just like Iraqis and Sri Lankans.

Well here are 11 similarities between Iraq and Sri Lanka

1. Iraq and Sri Lanka are both war-torn Asian countries with Indian ocean coasts

2. Iraq and Sri Lanka have India latitudes (Iraq-N. India and Sri Lanka-S. India)

3. Both places have or had serious problems with terrorism (Iraq-al Qaeda and Sri Lanka-LTTE)

4. Both Iraqis and Sri Lankans tend to drink Ceylon tea

5. Both peoples eat Indian-influenced food

6. Both nations have ethnic groups concentrated only in certain places

7. Indo-European languages are spoken in both countries (Iraq-Kurdish and Sri Lanka-Tamil/Sinhalese)

8. Christians (predominately Catholics) are a small minority in both places

9. Most people in Sri Lanka and Iraq are brown-skinned (except Sri Lankan Moors and some N. Iraqis)

10. Both peoples are known for their hospitality

11. Both nations have traded with Indians and have good relations with them

If anyone views this post, don't be rude. They're just my observations based on research and personal experience.

Submit "Iraq and Sri Lanka: More Similar Than You Think" to Digg Submit "Iraq and Sri Lanka: More Similar Than You Think" to del.icio.us Submit "Iraq and Sri Lanka: More Similar Than You Think" to StumbleUpon Submit "Iraq and Sri Lanka: More Similar Than You Think" to Google

Updated 05-25-2013 at 07:30 PM by Newsboy

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Similarities In-Between

Comments

interesting never thought about this in that way
    I haven't checked the blog section in like forever! I'm glad my blog post is well liked.

Only thing worth mentioning is that as of Mid 2014, ISIS is the bigger terrorist threat to Iraq than al-Qaeda.