Alpine
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    Bother other people? If you bother yourself, it is not the fault of anybody else, but if you disrespect religious symbols by burning them and turning them upside down, I really think it's you bothering the religious and not the other way around.
    Oh lawl, I didn't understand you were angry because of that, when you are a kid you simply don't understand what you are really doing, we did that kind of things just to be "transgressive" or call it like you want, now I obviously wouldn't do that.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-28-2012 @ 01:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Father from Istria and mother form Calabria
    Country
    Italy
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Politics
    Fascism
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Most schools here , especially the new ones or the renovated ones , don't even have a crucifix , because neither pupils nor their families ask formally for it , why?because at this point Italy has became a mostly secularized country but still we can't stand impositions from abroad telling us what is right and what's wrong.
    Despite not being a catholic myself I cannot deny 16 and more centuries of catholic influence upon architecture , art in general , ways of thinking , even names and I really can't grasp how such a small sculpture might bias the learning process of pupils or the teachers in any way , nor their personal freedom.
    Italy has a tradition in Catholicism and everyone but the ignorants know that , so get used to it or leave (I'm talkink for example to that Finnish woman) this ruling has causing much of an uproar in all Italians , both left sympathizers and more conservative ones and I too think the judges up there should mind their business and not interfere so blatantly in ours.

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Old
    Hero
    José Antonio Primo de Rivera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 63

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadu View Post
    It means no regime of exception. All religious manifestations must be displayed only outside of public institutions, therefore public buildings and the sort.
    It's even debatable if temples, churches, mosques, etc... should face the front of a street as it stands clearly as a demonstration of power. At least it's what one of your Catholic brothers implemented here in the old times of Fascism, Salazar you know.
    I still don't see it... a neutral regime that declares itself promoting the religious freedom and it's banning any manifestation of the same is contradictory. I am bold enough to believe that a majority in Italy is Catholic... so what are they democratically doing then? Doing what they want by not taking into consideration the religious context?

Appart from that, what you suggest is impossible... we cannot re-invent ourselves and start from the scratch, it's just crazy, we have to face the fact that there is a 2000 year history of Christianity behind us.

If we really take to being neutral without imparciality, why don't we start banning symbols in our culture that represent something that we don't like or we find ofenssive? Any symbol can be offensive, depending on who is looking at it. A society without symbols is a society of insects. I could easily go to the Court and say that I find the symbol of the communist party offensive because of the many crimes they perpetrated and I don't want to see any public display of it.

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bard View Post
    Oh lawl, I didn't understand you were angry because of that, when you are a kid you simply don't understand what you are really doing, we did that kind of things just to be "transgressive" or call it like you want, now I obviously wouldn't do that.
    Okay, I see, how should I know what stage you're in? I wasn't really angry, by the way, I just think that it is a bad tendency overall that Europeans don't even show some fundamental respect for their heritage. But I got some bad upbringing myself, you know, so it's not like I'm playing totally innocent. After all, we are so far gone on the slope that it takes a reaction against the way we were brought up to actually get on our feet again, in many cases anyway.
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

Good to see a little rationality. Religion has been shoving it's ridiculous supernatural beliefs on mankind long enough...

Last Online
    05-01-2010 @ 08:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    African
    Ethnicity
    Yoruba
    Ancestry
    Savannah
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Politics
    Yoruban supremacy
    Religion
    trolltheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorum View Post
    Good to see a little rationality. Religion has been shoving it's ridiculous supernatural beliefs on mankind long enough...
    Yes, an immigrant prescribing to Italians what they should have in their classrooms. That's very rational.

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorum View Post
    I'm sure that's a real problem because of bad upbringing, or because you were harassed by Benny Hinn, but there's nothing rational at all in what this stupid woman did.
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    harassed by Benny Hinn
    Is 'N' next to 'L' on a Swedish keyboard?

I actually find the crucifix in itself a rather creepy thing, especially the lifelike ones that Catholics like. I don't like Roman Catholic art in general, finding it too sickly sweet and cloying. My (post-)Protestant atheistic mother always sneered at this sort of thing in Catholic relatives' houses...

... but this Italian situation is outrageous.

I can't believe the brazen insolence of outsiders who complain about their hosts' way of life. She wants deporting, this woman-creature.

But I am even more disgusted with locals who SUBMIT to such madness. Why do we accept insane laws and directives from our 'politicians'?!? If every school in Italy refused to go along with this madness, not EVERY headteacher could be prosecuted or disciplined

There is a similar case with our traditional English weights and measures, which are being 'phased out' against the wishes of the people. Tradesmen have been fined and harrassed for serving old women in the only way they understand.

I read in the paper the other day, that a woman was officially cautioned by the police for using the 'offensive' term 'fat' to describe a man who had broken into her home. Her husband hit the man, and now has a criminal record for 'Gross Bodily Harm'. The law has gone mad, and judges are often the worst to blame. We need to start again from scratch.

Last Online
    11-19-2014 @ 09:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Gallaecia
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    I still don't see it... a neutral regime that declares itself promoting the religious freedom and it's banning any manifestation of the same is contradictory
    Simple as when a Mother asks her children to wash their hands before dinner.

Appart from that, what you suggest is impossible... we cannot re-invent ourselves and start from the scratch, it's just crazy, we have to face the fact that there is a 2000 year history of Christianity behind us.
    We cannot re-invent yes but we can put a stop to that.

I could easily go to the Court and say that I find the symbol of the communist party offensive because of the many crimes they perpetrated and I don't want to see any public display of it.
    I don't remember seeing or hearing about an hammer and sickle in public schools, maybe in the old Soviet Union, but we are not talking about totalitarian regimes but of Democratic secularist regimes.

Last Online
    01-11-2010 @ 08:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Rosbif, Frog
    Country
    England
    Politics
    anti state
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Crucifixes should be barred in government schools, why should this secular mother (taxpayer, or wife of taxpayer) subsidise Catholic ornaments.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information