Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

25 Not allowed!

Default Noteworthy Europeans with YDNA Haplogroup E1b1b

The various strands of Hap. E1b1b as found in Europe constitute the third most common group of YDNA clades in Europe, after the R1 clades (R1a and R1b of course) and the original I clades. It seems to predate R in Europe, R being associated with the Indo-European invasions of c. ~3,000BC and E1b1b being associated with the spread of agriculture during the Neolithic from Anatolia at the latest (c. ~5,500BC). Like I and R, E is found all over Europe - at consistent, but low (normaly <10%) frequencies, with the exceptions of the Balkans where it in places like southern Greece, Macedonia and Albania it approaches 50%, and isolated areas like Galicia where it hits double digits. Anyhow, here's a list of 10 people with the illustrious E1b1b lineage:

1. The Wright Brothers (E1b1b1a2 (V13))

Hailing from North Carolina of English ancestry, the Wright Brothers are known for having a very successful bike shop. These small-business owners are thus role models for all E1b1b Europeans out there. They did spend a little bit too much of their free time dicking around with powered flight and ultimately ended up creating the first aeroplane and putting humanity on its path to the skies and beyond. Sadly neither one ever procreated - possibly, neither one ever even got laid - so their superior E1b1b genes were not passed on to the next generation. Still, noteworthy individuals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Brothers
    http://www.wright-dna.org/dna/OtherResults.html

2. Napoleon (E1b1b1c1* (E-M34*))

Looking aside his obvious shortcomings, or shortcomings which is another good pun because he probably had a micropenis, Napoleon was quite noteworthy. Despite being French, he managed to invade most of Europe, except Britain of course. He also invaded Egypt, found the Rosetta Stone, and failed to invade Russia before it was cool. Yes, he was a bit of a bloodthirsty maniac, but still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon
    http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index...cle/view/10609

3. Adolf Hitler (E1b1b1 (E-M35))

Continuing the trend of E1b1b being associated with bloodthirsty tyrants (to be clear, Napoleon > Hitler), it seems the Fuehrer himself was E1b1b, which seemed funny to some uninformed people because E1b1b traces back to Africa perhaps as recently as 25,000 years ago and thus Adolf was black, lol. Obviously, this is a bit of a silly point, and E1b1b is found in German and Austrian native populations at an incidence of ~9% (although if you go back far enough, yes, all haplogroups share a common ancestor). The second claim was 'lol he's Jewish lol' because some Jews have E1b1b, but then, a lot more Jews have R1a and R1b. Anyhow, our boy Adolf was famous for being a colossal dickhead and effecting the loss of German East Prussia, Upper Silesia and elsewhere to the Soviets, in addition to his actions resulting in the partitioning of Germany into a Western and Communist zone.

http://www.knack.be/nieuws/wetenscha...mal-10083.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

4. Albert Einstein (E1b1b1b2* (E-Z830))

Why yes, possibly the cleverest person ever was a carrier of E1b1b. This is just further proof that E1b1b as carried by Europeans is the superior YDNA haplogroup. For those not in the know, Albie discovered relativity and some other dorky science stuff that probably got him some serious wedgies in Gymnasium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein
    http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...x?section=ysnp
    http://www.haplozone.net/e3b/project/kitnum/N65053

5. William Hartley (E1b1b1c1 (M34))

Basically every E1b1b carrier was either a dictator or a scientist (which makes total sense as they came to Europe as invasive technological innovators), and the second Anglo on the list comes under the second category. Despite being of the superior E1b1b1c1 variety, and being English, Hartley is probably the least well known on this list so far. Regardless, his medical discoveries form the basis of our understanding of our own hearts and circulatory systems.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/HARVEY/default.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Harvey

6. Lyndon B. (LBJ) Johnson (E1b1b1 (E-M35))

Ever thought to yourself, 'Vietnam was a great war. I wish there were someone I could thank for the US involvement in it!' Well, now you can - it's America's 37th president, Democrat LBJ. Once again, the man was of English extraction, though his ancestors clearly couldn't cut it in the homeland. Unlike Hartley and the Wright Brothers, he came from the slightly less superior 'genocidey' branch of the E1b1b family, which he shared with Hitler. No drawing unkind comparisons, please...

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ential_dna.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

7. Michelangelo (E1b1b1 (E-M35))

Not the turtle mutant, but rather the chap who painted the Sistine Chapel.

8. Sir David Attenborough (E1b1b1-(M35))

Returning to the English theme, the world's best narrator and nature documentary maker pertains, of course, to the E1b1b clade. Sir David's family hail from Nottinghamshire, which makes him better than you, unless you're also English, but that's superfluous to the point.

http://www.e1b1b1-m35.info/2013/04/s...1b1b1-m35.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Attenborough

9. Loki (E1b1b1a1 - (EV13))

All hail our Glorious Leader.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2020 @ 02:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slav
    Ethnicity
    Yugoslavian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (M423)
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med with Dinarid influence
    Politics
    Whatever you want, I'm against it
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 850

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Not surprised about LBJ's result. E-M35 accounts for around 20% of Ashkenazi and Sephardi Y-DNA lineages and there is a persistent rumour he has roots from Sephardic Texan Jews (who arrived as Marranos/Crypto-Conversos from Spain into Spanish Texas); hence his pivotal role in allowing the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty to continue unabated even after direct pleas from the US Navy to intervene (quote/unquote "I want that goddamn ship going to the bottom.") and his diehard support for Israel, which at the time was rather unprecedented for an American President (at least openly).

That is in addition to his highly subversive nature in opening America's borders, collaborating to assassinate JFK and being an all-round Globalist stooge; hence his ancestry comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

Something tells me Fidel Castro would also be some kind of E1b1b carrier too; also, self-admittedly, hailing from Spanish Marranos and not surprisingly being another well-known subversive.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gospodine View Post
    Not surprised about LBJ's result. E-M35 accounts for around 20% of Ashkenazi and Sephardi Y-DNA lineages and there is a persistent rumour he has roots from Sephardic Texan Jews (who arrived as Marranos/Crypto-Conversos from Spain into Spanish Texas); hence his pivotal role in allowing the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty to continue unabated even after direct pleas from the US Navy to intervene (quote/unquote "I want that goddamn ship going to the bottom.") and his diehard support for Israel, which at the time was rather unprecedented for an American President (at least openly).

All that besides is highly subversive nature in opening America's borders, collaborating to assassinate JFK and being an all-round Globalist stooge; and his ancestry is absolutely no surprise to me.
    I sincerely doubt this, but moving beyond the conspiracy stuff and focussing on the genetics, Johnson was of paternal English descent and E1b1b is found amongst Jews, but it's not overly common: J is 45%, R is 25%, G is 15%, E is 15% (all values approximate, of course). His being of paternal Jewish descent is simply very unlikely compared to the more obvious explanation that he was just descended from English E1b1b carriers (E1b1b is ~2.5% in England, other examples I gave were Hartley, Attenborough and the Wright Brothers).

Which is not to say I like him, of course.

*Edit* So, the study I could find with the largest number of subjects (442, Behar 2004) on YDNA clades in AJs had these results:

J: 38% (divided evenly between J1 and J2)
    R: 17.5% (slightly more R1b than R1a, interestingly)
    E: 16.1% (all European (E1b1b))
    G: 7.7% (all G2)
    Q1b: 5.2%

That totals 85.3%, so I guess the remaining 14.7% would be mainly I with some minor Asian clades.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 02:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Puerto Rican
    Ancestry
    Iberian (Spaniard), Native American (Taino), African (West African and North African [Guanche]).
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a2
    mtDNA
    C1b4
    Taxonomy
    fine as hell
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,925
    Given: 1,401

1 Not allowed!

Umm you forgot me.
    Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Oracle-x ------------------ McDonald results
    Spanish_Galicia 43.35% ------------------ Spain - 42.3%
    North_Amerindian 14.83% -----------French - 19.9%
    Spanish_Extremadura 8.70% --------Maya - 16.1%
    Bantu_S.E. 8.62% ------------- Moroccan - 13.9%
    Algerian 5.98% --------------------- Yoruba - 7.8%
    Portuguese 4.68%
    Orcadian 4.15%

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropico View Post
    Umm you forgot me.
    Hell, I forgot me.

Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 02:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Puerto Rican
    Ancestry
    Iberian (Spaniard), Native American (Taino), African (West African and North African [Guanche]).
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a2
    mtDNA
    C1b4
    Taxonomy
    fine as hell
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,925
    Given: 1,401

4 Not allowed!

Hell, I forgot me.
    The youth of the forum, the future of Earth, the E1b1b kids. The cool kids.
    Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Oracle-x ------------------ McDonald results
    Spanish_Galicia 43.35% ------------------ Spain - 42.3%
    North_Amerindian 14.83% -----------French - 19.9%
    Spanish_Extremadura 8.70% --------Maya - 16.1%
    Bantu_S.E. 8.62% ------------- Moroccan - 13.9%
    Algerian 5.98% --------------------- Yoruba - 7.8%
    Portuguese 4.68%
    Orcadian 4.15%

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2020 @ 02:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slav
    Ethnicity
    Yugoslavian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (M423)
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med with Dinarid influence
    Politics
    Whatever you want, I'm against it
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 850

1 Not allowed!

but moving beyond the conspiracy stuff
    Uh-oh spaghetti-ohs... dropping the "C" word like an FBI spokesperson.

From a cursory glance, there's actually a lot of parallels in the lives of these seemingly disparate individuals; many of whom were not what they appeared to be and many of whom, we obviously know to have had a profound impact on the course of human history.

Johnson was of paternal English descent
    And maternal Jewish descent; there are bonafide public records of his Jewish maternal ancestors. Hence according to Jewish law, he's a Jew.

His being of paternal Jewish descent is simply very unlikely compared to the more obvious explanation that he was just descended from English E1b1b carriers (E1b1b is ~2.5% in England, other examples I gave were Hartley, Attenborough and the Wright Brothers).
    Oh that's much more likely... 2.5%? Holy shit, let me get out my calculator. So E and J are not common Jewish haplogroups despite representing a combined 60% of Jewish Y-DNA lineages according to your rather conservative guesstimates?

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Gospodine;2208264]
    Uh-oh spaghetti-ohs... dropping the "C" word like an FBI spokesperson.
    We won't convince each other on this, that's why I'm not engaging in the debate.

From a cursory glance, there's actually a lot of parallels in the lives of these seemingly disparate individuals; many of whom were not what they appeared to be and many of whom, we obviously know to have had a profound impact on the course of human history.
    I agree.

And maternal Jewish descent; there are bonafide public records of his Jewish maternal ancestors. Hence according to Jewish law, he's a Jew.
    Maternal, not paternal. Your YDNA clade can only come from your father's father's father, etc.

Oh that's much more likely... 2.5%? Holy shit, let me get out my calculator. So E and J are not common Jewish haplogroups despite representing a combined 60% of Jewish Y-DNA lineages according to your rather conservative guesstimates?
    It's much more likely considering his ancestry, you fool

Guesstimates? I've posted statistics. If you like I can post the sources.

And yeah, 60% combined, but when J accounts for the overwhelming majority of that...it's like saying, '85% of Britons are R and G' when R is 80%.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 153

3 Not allowed!

The various strands of Hap. E1b1b as found in Europe constitute the third most common group of YDNA clades in Europe, after the R1 clades (R1a and R1b of course) and the original I clades. It seems to predate R in Europe, R being associated with the Indo-European invasions of c. ~3,000BC and E1b1b being associated with the spread of agriculture during the Neolithic from Anatolia at the latest (c. ~5,500BC). Like I and R, E is found all over Europe - at consistent, but low (normaly <10%) frequencies, with the exceptions of the Balkans where it in places like southern Greece, Macedonia and Albania it approaches 50%, and isolated areas like Galicia where it hits double digits. Anyhow, here's a list of 10 people with the illustrious E1b1b lineage:

1. The Wright Brothers (E1b1b1a2 (V13))

Hailing from North Carolina of English ancestry, the Wright Brothers are known for having a very successful bike shop. These small-business owners are thus role models for all E1b1b Europeans out there. They did spend a little bit too much of their free time dicking around with powered flight and ultimately ended up creating the first aeroplane and putting humanity on its path to the skies and beyond. Sadly neither one ever procreated - possibly, neither one ever even got laid - so their superior E1b1b genes were not passed on to the next generation. Still, noteworthy individuals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Brothers
    http://www.wright-dna.org/dna/OtherResults.html

2. Napoleon (E1b1b1c1* (E-M34*))

Looking aside his obvious shortcomings, or shortcomings which is another good pun because he probably had a micropenis, Napoleon was quite noteworthy. Despite being French, he managed to invade most of Europe, except Britain of course. He also invaded Egypt, found the Rosetta Stone, and failed to invade Russia before it was cool. Yes, he was a bit of a bloodthirsty maniac, but still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon
    http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index...cle/view/10609

3. Adolf Hitler (E1b1b1 (E-M35))

Continuing the trend of E1b1b being associated with bloodthirsty tyrants (to be clear, Napoleon > Hitler), it seems the Fuehrer himself was E1b1b, which seemed funny to some uninformed people because E1b1b traces back to Africa perhaps as recently as 25,000 years ago and thus Adolf was black, lol. Obviously, this is a bit of a silly point, and E1b1b is found in German and Austrian native populations at an incidence of ~9% (although if you go back far enough, yes, all haplogroups share a common ancestor). The second claim was 'lol he's Jewish lol' because some Jews have E1b1b, but then, a lot more Jews have R1a and R1b. Anyhow, our boy Adolf was famous for being a colossal dickhead and effecting the loss of German East Prussia, Upper Silesia and elsewhere to the Soviets, in addition to his actions resulting in the partitioning of Germany into a Western and Communist zone.

http://www.knack.be/nieuws/wetenscha...mal-10083.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

4. Albert Einstein (E1b1b1b2* (E-Z830))

Why yes, possibly the cleverest person ever was a carrier of E1b1b. This is just further proof that E1b1b as carried by Europeans is the superior YDNA haplogroup. For those not in the know, Albie discovered relativity and some other dorky science stuff that probably got him some serious wedgies in Gymnasium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein
    http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...x?section=ysnp
    http://www.haplozone.net/e3b/project/kitnum/N65053

5. William Hartley (E1b1b1c1 (M34))

Basically every E1b1b carrier was either a dictator or a scientist (which makes total sense as they came to Europe as invasive technological innovators), and the second Anglo on the list comes under the second category. Despite being of the superior E1b1b1c1 variety, and being English, Hartley is probably the least well known on this list so far. Regardless, his medical discoveries form the basis of our understanding of our own hearts and circulatory systems.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/HARVEY/default.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Harvey

Ever thought to yourself, 'Vietnam was a great war. I wish there were someone I could thank for the US involvement in it!' Well, now you can - it's America's 37th president, Democrat LBJ. Once again, the man was of English extraction, though his ancestors clearly couldn't cut it in the homeland. Unlike Hartley and the Wright Brothers, he came from the slightly less superior 'genocidey' branch of the E1b1b family, which he shared with Hitler. No drawing unkind comparisons, please...

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ential_dna.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

7. Michelangelo (E1b1b1 (E-M35))

Not the turtle mutant, but rather the chap who painted the Sistine Chapel.

8. Sir David Attenborough (E1b1b1-(M35))

Returning to the English theme, the world's best narrator and nature documentary maker pertains, of course, to the E1b1b clade. Sir David's family hail from Nottinghamshire, which makes him better than you, unless you're also English, but that's superfluous to the point.

http://www.e1b1b1-m35.info/2013/04/s...1b1b1-m35.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Attenborough

9. Loki (E1b1b1a1 - (EV13))

All hail our Glorious Leader.
    Adolf Hitler would be very disappointed if he learned he had Y DNA E1b1b, he would probably much rather have a typical Germanic haplogroup like R1b S21, I1, or I2a2. E was probably originally from sub Sahara Africa and it came to Europe with swarthy farmers from the near east not blonde haired and blue eyed "aryans". Maybe he would respect Jews more if he learned was apart of the same ancient lineage as Albert Einstein who was a Jew. Since E1b1b is very rare in Britain and northwest Europe period I am surprised the wright brothers and Lyndon Johnson had E1b1b. MI am very surprised by all the famous E1b1b members. I am sure there were are many more from the Balkans like possibly Alexander the Great. Plenty of Egyptian pharaohs for sure had E1b1b because it dominates north Africa today.

The Y DNA of famous leaders is no different from the peasants, unless there were many royal lines. I know almost nothing about royalty in Europe but click here the house of Bourbon had Y DNA R1b Z31 and I heard from Maciamo that some royal house in Spain had the same haplogroup. It is under "Germanic" R1b S21 and that subclade specifically is very popular in the homeland of the Franks. So I don't maybe Frankish paternal lineages were very popular in royalty throughout Europe.

I always think of E1b1b as a strange foreign haplogroup but my haplogroup R1b L11 traces back to the near east even more recently than yours. It expanded extremely rapidly about 5,000-3,000 years ago possibly with Indo Europeans conquering all the Neolithic descended people like Otzi and Gok4. My haplogroup I think may be under Df27(which is under P312) or is a very rare subclade of R1b L11 or P312. My lineage I think is English but my great grandfather said our family was originally Scotch Irish but my great uncle says he also mentioned English. Either way probably from the Brittonic Celts and migrated along with R1b L21 to Britain.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    Adolf Hitler would be very disappointed if he learned he had Y DNA E1b1b, he would probably much rather have a typical Germanic haplogroup like R1b S21, I1, or I2a2. E was probably originally from sub Sahara Africa and it came to Europe with swarthy farmers from the near east not blonde haired and blue eyed "aryans". Maybe he would respect Jews more if he learned was apart of the same ancient lineage as Albert Einstein who was a Jew. Since E1b1b is very rare in Britain and northwest Europe period I am surprised the wright brothers and Lyndon Johnson had E1b1b. MI am very surprised by all the famous E1b1b members. I am sure there were are many more from the Balkans like possibly Alexander the Great. Plenty of Egyptian pharaohs for sure had E1b1b because it dominates north Africa today.

The Y DNA of famous leaders is no different from the peasants, unless there were many royal lines. I know almost nothing about royalty in Europe but click here the house of Bourbon had Y DNA R1b Z31 and I heard from Maciamo that some royal house in Spain had the same haplogroup. It is under "Germanic" R1b S21 and that subclade specifically is very popular in the homeland of the Franks. So I don't maybe Frankish paternal lineages were very popular in royalty throughout Europe.

I always think of E1b1b as a strange foreign haplogroup but my haplogroup R1b L11 traces back to the near east even more recently than yours. It expanded extremely rapidly about 5,000-3,000 years ago possibly with Indo Europeans conquering all the Neolithic descended people like Otzi and Gok4. My haplogroup I think may be under Df27(which is under P312) or is a very rare subclade of R1b L11 or P312. My lineage I think is English but my great grandfather said our family was originally Scotch Irish but my great uncle says he also mentioned English. Either way probably from the Brittonic Celts and migrated along with R1b L21 to Britain.
    Alexander was probably E1b1b considering where he was from but he had no descendants and we don't have his body so we can't know. These are just proven examples, I'm sure there have been plenty more (Tesla, maybe?) especially, as you say, in the Balkans, where we're the majority. Most Pharaohs were E1b1b although Tutankhamun was apparently R1b. E1b1b isn't particularly Jewish though it is not uncommon in Jews (~20%) - it's far more common in the Balkans where it peaks in Kosovo at ~55%. It's found throughout Europe even in Britain (there's an E1b1b1c clade unique to the British Isles, for example) at around 2-3.5% and Southern Scandinavia. But yeah, perhaps he would have done - we'll never know.

R1b is common throughout Western Europe, yes - but as you say, it's invasive, and more recent than E1b1b or even G and J in Europe. E1b1b and I have just been marginalised by the incredible success of R1a and R1b.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information