Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Y DNA I found in Mesolithic Sweden(-I1) and Luxemburg, alot of other good stuff

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 153

6 Not allowed!

Default Y DNA I found in Mesolithic Sweden(-I1) and Luxemburg, alot of other good stuff

Ancient Eurasian Mesolithic DNA, with the new mtDNA, Y DNA, and pigmentation genes from Mesolithic Europe. Here is my thread Ancient Eurasian DNA organized 2, which of course because of this and other new ancient DNA is not fully up to date. Just saying almost all the info I have about how a haplogroup Is distributed and its age estimates comes from Eupedia.com. I want to say this right away, the hunter gatherers autosomal DNA is exactly what was excepted their component peaks in Estonians a Baltic people, also the LBK farmer was most related to modern Sardinia, and very similar to autosomal DNA already taken from pre historic European farmers.

I don't know that much about this new study Lazaridis et al. 2013 "Ancient human genomes suggest three ancestral populations for present-day Europeans" click here for a Eurogenes thread about it and here for Dienekes click here. Just that they think that three ancient populations formed modern Europeans: pre Neolithic European hunter gatherers, early European farmers(came from near east), and a ancient north Eurasian population MA1 was apart of. I know my thread wont have all the info. I cant wait though to spread the news that Y DNA I has finally been found in pre Neolithic Europe. Since this study(click here) in 2004, and probably before that, it has been the opinion of many that Y DNA I descends from pre historic stone age hunter gatherers of Europe. Here Eupedia page for Y DNA I1"Orignal paternal lineage of Nordic Europe", I2"Contiental Europe's Mesolithic paternal lineage".

Here are the new results from Mesolithic and Neolithic Europe. The reason I have the haplogroup name for the stuff the Y DNA is - for, is because ISOOGG gave the haplogroup names and their defining mutations.

Loschbour, Heffingen Luxemburg 6220-5990 BC, mtDNA=U5b1a(already known, Delsate 2009 reported as U5a, not sure if new studies found it to be U5b1a, or if that's Jean Manco's opinon), Y DNA=I2a1b*(I2a1b1 M359.2-, I2a1b2 L161.1-, I2a1b3 L621-)
    97.5% probability dark hair, 52.4% probability blue eyes, 26.8% probability intermediate, 20.7% probability brown eyes.

Motola Sweden 6000 BC, mtDNA=U5a1, Female so no Y DNA

Motola Sweden 6000 BC, mtDNA=U2e1, Y DNA=I*(I1 M253-, I2a2 L37-, I2a1b3 L621-, I2a1a CTS595-).

Motola Sweden 6000 BC, mtDNA=U5a1, Y DNA=I2(I2b L417-, I2a2 L81-)

Motola Sweden 6000 BC mtDNA=U5a2d, female so no Y DNA

Motola Sweden 6000 BC mtDNA=U5a2d, Y DNA=?(L55+ would make it Q1a2a but L232- forces it out of Q1)

Motola Sweden 6000 BC mtDNA=U5a2, Y DNA=I*(I1 P40-)

Motola Sweden 6000 BC mtDNA=U2e1, Y DNA=I2a1b*(I2a1b1 M359.2-, I2a1b3 L621-)

Stuttgart, Germany, LBK culture, 7,500BP mtDNA=T2c1d1, This is a female so no y DNA. 99.8% probability of dark hair, 99.4% probability of brown eyes, probably paler skin than the Loschbour individual.
    My take on the mtDNA
    The new mtDNA from Sweden and the LBK girl are not surprises at all. mtDNA T2 out of now 115 mtDNA samples from LBK is over 20%. The new mtDNA from these hunter gatherers is even more evidence Mesolithic Europeans were dominated by mtDNA U5, U4, and U2e. All five U5's from Motola Sweden were under U5a, like the 3 U5 subclades from Gotland's hunter gatherer Pitted ware culture dating to 2,000-2,800BC, like all 28 pre historic U5 subclades from Russia and Ukraine, and unlike the rest of the U5 subclades from pre historic Europe which are mainly under U5b.

Two out of seven samples from Motola, Sweden had U2e1, U2e has been found at a high amount in pre historic hunter gatherers and metal age Indo Iranians from Russia, also there was a high amount of U4 found in Gotland's hunter gatherer Pitted ware culture, and a 8,600 year old U4b1 sample from an island very close to Gotland. I think this means the hunter gatherers who lived around Scandinavia may have had similar ancestry to the hunter gatherers in far eastern Europe.

mtDNA U5(including U5a), U4, and U2e have all now been found in Mesolithic hunter gatherers of Sweden(U4 in Gotland), Russia, and Germany. There are two 31,155 year old "pre U5's" that have been found in Czech republic and one over 30,000 year old U2(X U2e, another lineage) found in European Russia. This probably means these Mesolithic hunter gatherer's of Europe had deep maternal ancestry in Upper Palaeolithic Europe. There was also a U8 found with those "pre U5's", there have been multiple U*(X all known lineages)'s found in Palaeolithic Europe, along with for sure members or likely members of the RO family(HV, H and V). So pre Neolithic European mtDNA is more complicated than U5, U4, and U2e.
    My take on the Y DNA

Distribution map of Y DNA I, which was found in all 5 Y DNA samples from Mesolithic European hunter gatherers.

I am not surprised at all that all 5 Mesolithic European y DNA samples had haplogroup I. Like I said in the begging it has been believed by many to be descended from pre Neolithic European hunter gatherers and to have originated in Europe or arrived anywhere from 20,000-30,000ybp. There were a total of four I's from Motola Sweden and one from Loschbour, Heffingen Luxemburg, two from Motola, Sweden were found to be I2, one I2a1b, the one from Luxemburg also had I2a1b. Meaning I2a1b was probably very spread out in Mesolithic Europe.

Today Y DNA I2a1b is one of the main haplogroups of eastern Europe, it is the most popular Y DNA haplogroup of former Yugoslavia. But both the I2a1b's were negative for I2a1b3 L621, which is the typical branch in eastern Europe. I2a1b2 L161.1 is mainly(but very very rare) in north-western Europe, but the one from Luxemburg was negative for that to. Today there is about 1-5% I2a1 P37.2 in Sweden and according to Eupedia I2a1a1 M26 is restricted to other areas, so possibly some I2a1b from Mesolithic Sweden survived. The I2a1b from Luxemburg was negative for all three known modern branches, the one from Sweden was negative for the main branch in eastern Europe I2a1b2 L621 and also I2a1b1 M359.2.

These two Mesolithic I2a1b's may have been apart of lineages that are extremely rare today, or were ancestral to some modern ones. I excepted Y DNA I from Mesolithic Europe but not I2a1b in Sweden and Luxemburg. I2a1b may be a very old haplogroup in Europe and in the Mesolithic was probably much more popular and spread out than today. I2a1b3 could be the branch descended from hunter gatherers in eastern Europe, and I2a1b1 L161.1 from northwestern Europe. I2a1 P37.2 has been hypothesized to have arrived in Europe in the Neolithic from the near east, we now know it probably originated in Europe, possibly over 11,000ybp in the Upper Palaeolithic.

Y DNA I2a1a CTS595 has many branches, the most popular I2a1a1 M26 is exclusive to western Europe and northwest Africa(mixing with Iberians), it is most popular in Sardinia at 37% and Basque at 9%. The only I2a1a1 M26 found negative for I2a1a1a1 L60 according to Eupedia are found in Ireland(possibly descended from Mesolithic Ireland). I2a1 has also been found in Neolithic farmers from France meaning it probably descends from Mesolithic hunter gatherers of west Europe. There are other very rare branches of I2a1 P37.2 that are scattered acroos north-west Europe according to Eupedia, and probably descended from north-west European Mesolithic hunter gatherers. Y DNA I2a2 P214 is decently popular in central Europe, Germanic peoples overall, and spread across Europe usually around 1%, 90% of I2a2 P214 is under I2a2a M223. It has been argued to have a Mesolithic origin in central Europe, there are also non I2a lineages of I2 spread across mainly Europe but also western Asia.

It is very surprising that all the I's from Sweden were negative for I1, which takes up about 35-40% of Swedish-Norwegian Y DNA and 20-30% of Finnish-Sami. I1a2 L22 is pre Germanic and pre bronze age in Scandinavia but possibly not Mesolithic origin like I and Eupedia thought. There are other I1a subclades which are mainly within Germanic people including Swedish-Norwegian, also subclade I1b which is extremely rare has only been found in central Europe. I think Y DNA I1 descends from Mesolithic hunter gatherers of central Europe and I1a arrived in Scandinavia after the Mesolithic or possibly along with I2a1b, and maybe other I in the Mesolithic.
    My take on the pigmentation
    The most likely blue eyes of the ~8,000 year old hunter gatherer from Luxemburg is no surprise since blue eyes were just found in an ~7,000 year old Mesolithic hunter gatherer from northern Spain. What is kind of surprising to me is he had very dark hair, I excepted light hair since it correlates with the distribution of Mesolithic ancestry in modern Europeans. I am also surprised the hunter gatherer from Luxemburg was probably darker skinned than the 7,500BP farmer from Germany. That means the Luxemburg hunter gatherer most likely had very dark hair, blue eyes, and tannish skin, the 7,500BP LBK farmer from Germany probably had very dark hair, brown eyes, and pale skin.

In my opinion both the Near eastern farmers that spread to Europe and the native hunter gatherers had pale skin. I think modern light hair and eyes which are very exclusive to Europeans descend from the hunter gatherers, and that the farmers were almost only dark haired and eyed. It is really hard to say when light hair and eyes began or became popular. The most famous age estimate for blue eyes was a estimate in the Neolithic, but we now know blue eyes are older and were probably popular in Mesolithic west Europe(and maybe other areas), and estimates for when the first person with blonde hair lived I saw on Wikpedia are 11,000ybp so the begging of the Mesolithic. I think it is just as likely light hair and eyes have been popular for only 8,000-15,000 years or for over 15,000 years, we need ancient DNA to figure it out. It is definitely possibly some Mesolithic Europeans were pretty dark, but most modern Europeans descend from the lighter ones, there are a lot of possibilities.

Sadly we haven't been able to learn anything in ancient DNA about the origin of the greatest hair color, Red. Except that there is a 3,000 year old Tocharian? mummy in west China named Charchen man who had a red beard. It was probably popular in early Germanic- Celts-Italics of west Europe who brought the red hair from eastern Europe, Indo Iranians-Tocharian's of Asia who originally came from Russia, and some Uralic tribes of Russia. My best guess is red hair first got over 1% in Mesolithic or upper Palaeolithic Russian hunter gatherers who had mainly mtDNA U5a, U4, and U2e, probably some type of Y DNA I, R1a, and maybe even R1b. I think red hair was spread to other areas of Eurasia(very exclusive to west Europe) in the metal ages with Mesolithic Russians Indo European speaking descendants. The common ancestors of all living humans almost without a doubt had very dark skin, brown eyes, and black hair, the common ancestors of all modern west Eurasians probably had the pigmentation of modern west Asians or north Africans. So at some point Europeans ancestors depigmentated. All the different light features in Europe I think originated in the common ancestors of modern day near easterns and Europeans, because the same genes for pale skin, light hair and eyes, and red hair also exist in near easterns with very low amounts of European ancestry.
    Autosomal DNA
    Here is the abstract of the study Lazaridis et al. 2013 "Ancient human genomes suggest three ancestral populations for present-day Europeans". I choose to highlight the same stuff Eurogenes did.

Analysis of ancient DNA can reveal historical events that are difficult to discern through study of present-day individuals. To investigate European population history around the time of the agricultural transition, we sequenced complete genomes from a ~7,500 year old early farmer from the Linearbandkeramik (LBK) culture from Stuttgart in Germany and an ~8,000 year old hunter-gatherer from the Loschbour rock shelter in Luxembourg. We also generated data from seven ~8,000 year old hunter-gatherers from Motala in Sweden. We compared these genomes and published ancient DNA to new data from 2,196 samples from 185 diverse populations to show that at least three ancestral groups contributed to present-day Europeans. The first are Ancient North Eurasians (ANE), who are more closely related to Upper Paleolithic Siberians than to any present-day population. The second are West European Hunter-Gatherers (WHG), related to the Loschbour individual, who contributed to all Europeans but not to Near Easterners. The third are Early European Farmers (EEF), related to the Stuttgart individual, who were mainly of Near Eastern origin but also harbored WHG-related ancestry. We model the deep relationships of these populations and show that about ~44% of the ancestry of EEF derived from a basal Eurasian lineage that split prior to the separation of other non-Africans.
    Here are the ancient samples and MA1 autosomal DNA K=19 results.

You can see all the hunter gatherers have 100% N. European(blue), which is exactly what was excepted. The 7,500BP LBK farmer has mainly purple(Meditreaen?) and some N. European which is similar with what has been found in pre historic European farmers Otzi and Gok4. The blue I am pretty sure is connected with the WHG type ancestry in modern Europeans, but doesn't exist in Near eastern the study say they have found. The 24,000 year old Siberian, MA1 aka ANE(Ancient north Eurasian) is also similar to his results in K=9. His highest ancestral groups are N. European, Amerindian, and something that is popular around central and south Asia(Caucasus+Gedrosia), and he also has a little amount of Oceania type ancestry, but this one MA1 has 0.85% type Pygmy.

My PC cant download any of the paper so I am going off quotes other people found. Here is a description of the K=14 results of these ancient samples.

shows the appearance of a component that is maximized in the Kalash and that is widely distributed in South Asia, the Caucasus, the Near East, and in diminishing strength in Europe. It is absent in Sardinians, Basques, and all ancient Europeans, although it is present in MA1. This component also does not appear in North and East Africa where other West Eurasian admixture is observed. This is consistent with MA1 having contributed some ancestry to present-day Europeans not accounted for by West Eurasian Hunter Gatherers and Early European Farmers. The presence of this component in the Near East contrasts with its absence in Stuttgart, consistent with the widely shared negative f3(Near East; Stuttgart, MA1) statistics (Table 1) indicating that present-day Near
    Easterners have been affected by gene flow not present in early Near Eastern migrants into Europe.
    So, there is a component in K=14 that peaks in the Kalash and is widely distributed in south Asia, the Caucasus, the Near east, and has diminished strength in Europe, but is absent in these new ancient European samples. This reminds me a lot of Gedrosia in K12b(click here for a Eupedia map), based on Gedrosia's distribution it would make sense this component in K=14 was spread to Europe with Y DNA R1b(almost all L23) starting in probably the Neolithic, and spread in west Europe possibly with Indo European(Germanic, Celtic, and Italic) languages from 3,000-1,000BC. Gedrosia in K12b is also absent in all the pre historic European hunter gatherer and farmer samples found before this study. The component mentioned in K=14 being absent in Sardinia and Basque is consistent with them being the most related modern people to Neolithic European farmers. Gedrosia is 9.8% in French Basque, and 0% in Sardinians.

Here is another quote from the study I found someone posting.
    "Loschbour and Stuttgart had little or no ANE ancestry, indicating that it was not as pervasive in central Europe around the time of the agricultural transition as it is today. (By implication ANE ancestry was also not present in the ancient Near East; since Stuttgart which has substantial Near Eastern ancestry lacks it.) However, ANE ancestry was already present in at least some Europeans (Scandinavian hunter-gatherers) by ~8,000 years ago, since MA1 shares more alleles with Motala12 than Loschbour:."
    So ANE type ancestry is absent in the ~8,000 year old hunter gatherer from Luxemburg and the 7,500BP LBK farmer from Germany so also absent in at least some near easterns in the early Neolithic, but ANE ancestry was present in Sweden 8,000 years ago since MA1 shares more alleles with the Swedish hunter gatherers than the one from Luxemburg. mtDNA from 7,500BP hunter gatherers in near by Karelia, Russia show typical European hunter gatherer U5, U4, and U2e but also east Eurasian C1. They actually had their own distinct lineage C1f which hasn't been found in modern people(click here). According to that link there were skeletal remains found there that were typically Caucasoid and typically Mongoloid. Meaning there was some mixture with people probably from eastern Asia. I know MA1 didn't show any east Asian type ancestry but I think it is a possibility that some of these pre historic east Asians did. That probably isn't the source, its just a thought. The author of Eurogenes thinks that ANE ancestry was spread in Europe with Y DNA R period which mainly spread with Indo European languages in the late Neolithic/early Bronze age(R1b L23(or L11), and R1a M417).

Continued..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fire Haired; 12-26-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This is a breakdown of how modern European samples come out as admixtures between the ancient samples
    , Davidski.

Remember WHG=west European hunter gatherer, EEF=early European farmer, ANE=Ancient north Eurasian. The west European hunter gatherer seems to represent what has been hypothesized to be pre Neolithic European ancestry, not just from west Europe, EEF seems to stand for all west Eurasian ancestry that does not descend from pre Neolithic European hunter gatherers, and the ANE is based on 24,000 year old Siberian MA1 autosomal DNA, I am guessing it has something to do with Gedrosia in K12b, south Asian, and native American type ancestry.

Iberia and France
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Basque
    Pais_Vasco
    Spanish
    French
    French_South

North west Europe
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Icelandic
    English
    Norwegian
    Orcadian
    Scottish

North east Europe
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Lithuanian
    Estonian

Slavic east Europe(X Balkans)
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Ukrainian
    Belorussian
    Czech

Balkans an Italy
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Bergamo
    Bulgarian
    Croatian
    Greek
    Tuscan
    Sardinian
    Sicilian
    Albanian

Near east
    Near east EEF WHG ANE
    Ashkenazi_Jew 93.1 0 6.9
    Maltese 93.2 0 6.8

The percentages of WHG ancestry is not a surprise at all, it is very constant with what has already been found by Eurogenes(click here and here) and others. I think this may be the most accurate percentages of pre Neolithic European ancestry ever found. Most Europeans have vast majority EEF ancestry, there aren't any Europeans with majority pre Neolithic European ancestry. I have always been confused with the idea that many Europeans mainly descend from pre Neolithic Europeans since such a low amount of their maternal lineages survived around 10-20%, Y DNA I which descends from them is very rare in some regions of Europe and very popular up to 50%> in others.

In southern Europe(Iberia, south France, Balkans, and Italy) EEF ancestry is well over 60%, with WHG only at about 15-30%. Northern, eastern, and central Europe are the only areas where their is very significant WHG ancestry. Scandinavia and far northeast Europe are the only areas where there is more WHG ancestry than EEF ancestry and WHG Is almost 50%.

ANE varies throughout Europe from ~10-17%, it is less popular in Ashkenazi Jews and Maltese than Europeans, and is almost completely absent in Sardinia. It was also absent from all ancient European farmer and hunter gatherer samples. Sardinia are the closest modern relatives to pre historic farmer Otzi. This could mean ANE type ancestry was spread throughout Europe in the metal ages, possibly connected with Indo European languages spreading from eastern Europe with Y DNA R1a1a1 M417(and all other R1a) and R1b1a2a L23(and all other R1b). I also think WHG ancestry was raised throughout Europe because of Indo European migrations. All Y DNA R may be connected with ANE type ancestry, so not just in Europe. 24,000 year old Siberian MA1 who represents ANE, had Y DNA R*(X R1 and R2).
    Last edited by Fire Haired; 12-25-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,058
    Given: 5,444

3 Not allowed!

Awesome stuff indeed! It would be great if Polako or Dienekes could create a new ADMIXTURE calculator with these newly discovered components.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxman View Post
    Awesome stuff indeed! It would be great if Polako or Dienekes could create a new ADMIXTURE calculator with these newly discovered components.
    I found out today I have mtDNA U5 too. That is the result I was hoping for and I have had a feeling for a while that I must have U5 running in my veins. I didn't want to have one of those strange farmer mtDNA haplogroups like T2. It is pretty cool I can say that my diret maternal line goes back to the 'Cro magnon", and that there are two 31,155ybp pre U5 samples.

What exactly is an admixture calculator? I saw people on Eurogenes asking the same thing. The post I have before yours I think may be what your asking for. Surprisingly non of the new ancient European samples had ANE type ancestry except maybe the ones from Sweden. Today it is almost completely absent in Sardinia, probably spread all over Europe I think in separate waves after the Neolithic. Those results show that all Europeans even Estonians have a high amount of Neolithic farmer ancestry, no one has majority hunter gatherer ancestry except maybe some northeast Europeans.

More info will be coming out soon about La Brana-1, If his Y DNA haplogroup is found I bet it will be I2a1a1 M26, if its I2a1b*(X three modern branch's) I will be very confused. If a distinct I2a1b lineage was very spread out and popular in north-west Mesolithic Europeans were does modern I2a1a CTS595(almost all M26, I2a2, I1, and other I2 lineages in modern north-west and central Europe come from? I2a1b may have originated in Europe before the Mesolithic over 11,000 years ago and I2a1b3 L621 in east Europe is from a branch that was already separate from the Swedish and Luxember hunter gatherer. I love that the Swedish samples prove once again U2e was a major mtDNA haplogroup in many Mesolithic Europeans. Before the 11,000 year old one was found in Germany, there were experts arguing it arrived to Europe only within the last 10,000 years and spread from eastern Europe. Now we know it was in Germany and Sweden along with U5 and U4(St. Forvar).
    Last edited by Fire Haired; 12-25-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2020 @ 02:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slav
    Ethnicity
    Yugoslavian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (M423)
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med with Dinarid influence
    Politics
    Whatever you want, I'm against it
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 850

0 Not allowed!

You could have just added to the existing thread:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...aridis-2013%29

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gospodine View Post
    You could have just added to the existing thread:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...aridis-2013%29
    I first heard of this yesterday, I didn't know how for sure any of the info was so I waited before making I thread. I also studied(not a lot) some of the stuff, and made my own personal conclusions from the results. All my opinion is on this thread so I should just give the link. Its pretty cool your Y DNA haplogroup was found, right? I am guessing your lineage is from the Mesolithic hunter gatherers of eastern Europe, separate from the lineage these Mesolithic north-west Europeans have.

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    "This is a breakdown of how modern European samples come out as admixtures between the ancient samples", Davidski. Remember WHG=west European hunter gatherer, EEF=early European farmer, ANE=Ancient north Eurasian. The west European hunter gatherer seems to represent what has been hypothesized to be pre Neolithic European ancestry, not just from west Europe, EEF seems to stand for all west Eurasian ancestry that does not descend from pre Neolithic European hunter gatherers, and the ANE is based on 24,000 year old Siberian MA1 autosomal DNA, I am guessing it has something to do with Gedrosia in K12b, south Asian, and native American type ancestry.

Iberia and France
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Basque
    Pais_Vasco
    Spanish
    French
    French_South

North west Europe
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Icelandic
    English
    Norwegian
    Orcadian
    Scottish

North east Europe
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Lithuanian
    Estonian

Slavic east Europe(X Balkans)
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Ukrainian
    Belorussian
    Czech

Balkans an Italy
    Population EEF WHG ANE
    Bergamo
    Bulgarian
    Croatian
    Greek
    Tuscan
    Sardinian
    Sicilian
    Albanian

Near east
    Near east EEF WHG ANE
    Ashkenazi_Jew 93.1 0 6.9
    Maltese 93.2 0 6.8

The percentages of WHG ancestry is not a surprise at all, it is very constant with what has already been found by Eurogenes(click here and here) and others. I think this may be the most accurate percentages of pre Neolithic European ancestry ever found. Most Europeans have vast majority EEF ancestry, there aren't any Europeans with majority pre Neolithic European ancestry. I have always been confused with the idea that many Europeans mainly descend from pre Neolithic Europeans since such a low amount of their maternal lineages survived around 10-20%, Y DNA I which descends from them is very rare in some regions of Europe and very popular up to 50%> in others.

In southern Europe(Iberia, south France, Balkans, and Italy) EEF ancestry is well over 60%, with WHG only at about 15-30%. Northern, eastern, and central Europe are the only areas where their is very significant WHG ancestry. Scandinavia and far northeast Europe are the only areas where there is more WHG ancestry than EEF ancestry and WHG Is almost 50%.

ANE varies throughout Europe from ~10-17%, it is less popular in Ashkenazi Jews and Maltese than Europeans, and is almost completely absent in Sardinia. It was also absent from all ancient European farmer and hunter gatherer samples. Sardinia are the closest modern relatives to pre historic farmer Otzi. This could mean ANE type ancestry was spread throughout Europe in the metal ages, possibly connected with Indo European languages spreading from eastern Europe with Y DNA R1a1a1 M417(and all other R1a) and R1b1a2a L23(and all other R1b). I also think WHG ancestry was raised throughout Europe because of Indo European migrations. All Y DNA R may be connected with ANE type ancestry, so not just in Europe. 24,000 year old Siberian MA1 who represents ANE, had Y DNA R*(X R1 and R2).
    Jews are the earliest Europeans.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2020 @ 02:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slav
    Ethnicity
    Yugoslavian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (M423)
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med with Dinarid influence
    Politics
    Whatever you want, I'm against it
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 850

2 Not allowed!

Its pretty cool your Y DNA haplogroup was found, right? I am guessing your lineage is from the Mesolithic hunter gatherers of eastern Europe, separate from the lineage these Mesolithic north-west Europeans have.
    I feel more positively about the fact that the study reaffirmed my suspicions about Mesolithic and potentially Paleolithic Europeans.

But yes, Hg I > Everyone else.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglojew View Post
    Jews are the earliest Europeans.
    Jews immigrated to Europe in the last 2,000 years.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,058
    Given: 5,444

0 Not allowed!

I found out today I have mtDNA U5 too. That is the result I was hoping for and I have had a feeling for a while that I must have U5 running in my veins. I didn't want to have one of those strange farmer mtDNA haplogroups like T2. It is pretty cool I can say that my diret maternal line goes back to the 'Cro magnon", and that there are two 31,155ybp pre U5 samples.

What exactly is an admixture calculator? I saw people on Eurogenes asking the same thing. The post I have before yours I think may be what your asking for. Surprisingly non of the new ancient European samples had ANE type ancestry except maybe the ones from Sweden. Today it is almost completely absent in Sardinia, probably spread all over Europe I think in separate waves after the Neolithic. Those results show that all Europeans even Estonians have a high amount of Neolithic farmer ancestry, no one has majority hunter gatherer ancestry except maybe some northeast Europeans.

More info will be coming out soon about La Brana-1, If his Y DNA haplogroup is found I bet it will be I2a1a1 M26, if its I2a1b*(X three modern branch's) I will be very confused. If a distinct I2a1b lineage was very spread out and popular in north-west Mesolithic Europeans were does modern I2a1a CTS595(almost all M26, I2a2, I1, and other I2 lineages in modern north-west and central Europe come from? I2a1b may have originated in Europe before the Mesolithic over 11,000 years ago and I2a1b3 L621 in east Europe is from a branch that was already separate from the Swedish and Luxember hunter gatherer. I love that the Swedish samples prove once again U2e was a major mtDNA haplogroup in many Mesolithic Europeans. Before the 11,000 year old one was found in Germany, there were experts arguing it arrived to Europe only within the last 10,000 years and spread from eastern Europe. Now we know it was in Germany and Sweden along with U5 and U4(St. Forvar).
    Wow very cool so you are a U5 guy like me! ...We are very distant direct maternal line cousins haha! Do you know your subclade of U5 yet?

An ADMIXTURE calculator is what Dienekes globe13 and the various Eurogenes analysis at GEDmatch are.

Also it seems now almost for sure that the main Y-DNA haplogroup of Mesolithic Europeans was I. This actually makes a lot of sense. Y-DNA haplogroup I is almost exclusively European in it's distribution today and on the mtDNA side of things so are haplogroups U4 and U5.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information