Gladstone
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scyldwulf View Post
    I havn't had a look at the Christian sub-forum yet, does it come under such scrutiny from Heathens? Somehow I doubt it...

EDIT: This isn't in direct relation to anyones post...
    Who is so afraid of enlightenment that they hide on the internet with obsessions of idols and materialism, that none dare break their devotion to?

Quote Originally Posted by Scyldwulf View Post
    I didn't say you're ignorant of Christianity. I said I show dismay at the fact you see me as ignorant of Christianity. The 'ownership' of Christmas or Yule has only came into discussion because of what can only be seen as a troll post and the Heathen community of this forum defending themselves.

I wouldn't say Heathenry is Johnny-come-lately with it clearly having its roots in the pre-Christian era, lasting untill the 10th century, and meeting revival in the 19th century... Christianity may have became more firmly grounded in European culture, but in relation to the polytheistic faiths that came before it, it is Christianity that is Johnny-come-lately.
    Heathenry is the worship of man (Odin is an ancestor-king, not a creator) and idols fashioned in the form of man, or other creatures made by God, not worship of God himself. Therefore, worship of creatures or human inventions (such as the runes, which Odin invented), such as the idols (charms and figurines), is a derivative form of religion and has no creative purpose. If you don't like the fact that you're revealed to be an idolator, what other people say to bring you to reality will mean nothing. It is nothing trollish in the slightest to be your brother's caretaker; in fact, it is religious obligation and compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhild View Post
    You know what? I'm beginning to become sick and tired of the way these God botherers have to constantly justify the importance of Christianity. There is more than sufficient historical and archaeological evidence which supports Paganism/Heathenry as having been a nature religion long before the advent of the Romans.

For the record, I was raised as a RC, but I have always known of my Heathen roots. I don't really give a toss whether anyone tells me that what I believe in is wrong. I write them off as ignorant. I always do what makes me happy in the long run, and no God botherer will ever tell me otherwise!
    "God botherer" sounds like ignorant Richard Dawkins speech. So what if paganism antedates the Gentile accession to the absolute and objective Truth? Aristotle and Plato have already been mentioned as believing in the same Truth as Abraham, which is why they are so valued. Aristotle and Plato were not Christians, but they acknowledged God the Father and most likely, God the Holy Spirit. The Son had yet to come, to Redeem the wayward souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post

Riiiiiiiiiight. Sure. Despite this being exactly the opposite of what archaeological evidence and common sense tells us.

Really? Give us your Darwinian evidence that debunks God as a passing fad.

Mod Note: Discussions resulting in the discussion of the place of Christian apologetics in the Heathenry Portal were moved here
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 11-21-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information