Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Default Your opinion on Hulk Hogan ?

- - - -

. . what's your opinion on the man known as Hulk Hogan ( Terry Bollea )?

Of course , the first thing many people will think of when they hear that name is that he truly made pro- wrestling popular.

A kind of wrestling super- hero from the 80s . .

- - -

Apart from his persona in wrestling he has also been through some 'tough' situations in his private life...

Many of you probably are familiar with some of his headlines . .

So.. Firstly, how do you view him in his character..?

Yes ,he made pro- wrestling popular ( he was one of the biggest draws of promoter Vince McMahon in the 1980s ) , at one point in his career even made a shocking heel- turn ( wrestling expression for 'a good guy' turning into a 'bad guy' ) and ,despite his ongoing age , he still fought some matches during the last decades . .

Secondly , the man ( Terry Bollea ) himself ?
    He had some roles in movies , in private he was even in some harsh situations . . And, many may remember this, some years ago there was even a 'Hulk Hogan racism' scandal going through the press where he was allegedly caught on tape using 'racial slurs'...

^ ^ Regardless what you think of the man , yeah , he surely has been through some tough stuff . .

- - -

Your opinion.. ?

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fire View Post
    what's your opinion on the man known as Hulk Hogan ( Terry Bollea )?
    I never understood the allure of Hulk Hogan. Undertaker was the best character in 90s WWF imo.

Yes ,he made pro- wrestling popular ( he was one of the biggest draws of promoter Vince McMahon in the 1980s ) , at one point in his career even made a shocking heel- turn ( wrestling expression for 'a good guy' turning into a 'bad guy' ) and ,despite his ongoing age , he still fought some matches during the last decades . . Your opinion.. ?
    I stopped watching WWE when I was like ten, it was so fake and gay (however early PS2 Smackdown games are probably the best WWE games in existence, part of my childhood). I read somewhere the 90's WWF got huge ratings by having the popular wrestler "Stone Cold Steve Austin" in seemingly unbeatable situations by Vince McMahon where he'd somehow overcome them and defy the odds to win the WWF title. It was all scripted but people loved it for some reason.

He had some roles in movies , in private he was even in some harsh situations . . And, many may remember this, some years ago there was even a 'Hulk Hogan racism' scandal going through the press where he was allegedly caught on tape using 'racial slurs'...
    Hulk Hogan racism is a meme. In fact if he didn't say "nigger" it wouldn't have been controversial because he was simply admitting to not like the idea of his daughter fucking poor blacks, not that he would ban her from fucking blacks altogether. He even tried to rehab it, do some promos with some blacks that would vouch for him, but it didn't work. Mainly because he was too old and not a very effective actor anymore. However, WWE have back peddled on the removal of the Hulk Hogan stuff, he got reinstated into the Hall of Fame, he’s back in the video games, they’re selling licensed Hulk Hogan merchandise again. No way does the WWE let their cash cow go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 07:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Northern - European
    Country
    Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wink Hulk Fuckin' Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I never understood the allure of Hulk Hogan. Undertaker was the best character in 90s WWF imo.
    lol , Hogan, if you will , was or should have been the WWF's first 'superman'..

Before the Hulkster-era in wrestling, wrestling was more bound to athleticism..

Bollea got his gimmick from an early 80s tv show 'The Incredible Hulk' and according to lore the McMahons wanted him to have an Irish-sounding last name..

'Hulk' 'Hogan'... A muscle-man into patriotism .. lol ..

As for 'The Undertaker' .. Mark Calaway was the person behind this gimmick . . A 'grim reaper' . .

I think one of the reasons this gimmick was so successful was that it was scary on one side but fascinating on the other . . some kind of 'pro wrestling thriller' , lol . . . .

I stopped watching WWE when I was like ten, it was so fake and gay (however early PS2 Smackdown games are probably the best WWE games in existence, part of my childhood). I read somewhere the 90's WWF got huge ratings by having the popular wrestler "Stone Cold Steve Austin" in seemingly unbeatable situations by Vince McMahon where he'd somehow overcome them and defy the odds to win the WWF title. It was all scripted but people loved it for some reason.

Yes, haha With Steve Austin wrestling became more 'bad-ass' . .

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Northern - European
    Country
    Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wink The bulk is still for the Hulk... lol

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Hulk Hogan racism is a meme. In fact if he didn't say "nigger" it wouldn't have been controversial because he was simply admitting to not like the idea of his daughter fucking poor blacks, not that he would ban her from fucking blacks altogether. He even tried to rehab it, do some promos with some blacks that would vouch for him, but it didn't work. Mainly because he was too old and not a very effective actor anymore. However, WWE have back peddled on the removal of the Hulk Hogan stuff, he got reinstated into the Hall of Fame, he’s back in the video games, they’re selling licensed Hulk Hogan merchandise again. No way does the WWE let their cash cow go away.
    .. though, one has to say, this had to be one of the toughest things Hogan has ever faced . .

'The ultimate sin' .. Racism .. boo- hoo- hoo- hoo !!

. . what has this man already had?... A steroid scandal , gossip from other wrestlers , in recent times even a 'racism' accusation..?

I bet sometimes he truly wishes he was that superman The Hulk.. Bollea, that is . .

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,997
    Given: 12,783

3 Not allowed!

To understand why Hulk Hogan was popular you need to understand the 80s. It was a time of Reagan patriotism with movies like Top Gun, the Rocky movie where he beats up the Russian, the second and third Rambo film, etc. Hulk Hogan was representative of that time. He is - after all - the real American hero. He 'fought' the Russian guy whose name I can't remember (US vs. Russia) and the Sheik (US vs. Iran)

I don't have an opinion on Hulk Hogan. He did wave at me in a burger king parking lot when I was 6. So that was nice of him.

Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 03-17-2023 at 08:48 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Northern - European
    Country
    Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last edited by Cold Fire; 03-17-2023 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Error post.. deleted..

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Northern - European
    Country
    Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Cool Wrestling.. from 'American Hero' to 'American Badass'

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    To understand why Hulk Hogan was popular you need to understand the 80s.
    Vintage '81 here

It was a time of Reagan patriotism with movies like Top Gun, the Rocky movie where he beats up the Russian, the second and third Rambo film, etc. Hulk Hogan was representative of that time. He is - after all - the real American hero.
    Yes, the 80s were more or less the final phase of the so-called Cold War . . .

He 'fought' the Russian guy whose name I can't remember (US vs. Russia)
    .. that was Nikolai Volkoff . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	volkoff_WWE_ringer.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	118579

and the Sheik (US vs. Iran)

I don't have an opinion on Hulk Hogan. He did wave at me in a burger king parking lot when I was 6. So that was nice of him.

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Roman
    Ancestry
    Veneto,Lombardia,Sicilia
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Schizopid + Delusionoid + Minor Hallucidid
    Politics
    Ave Caesar
    Hero
    Caesar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 445
    Given: 2,364

0 Not allowed!

- - - -

. . what's your opinion on the man known as Hulk Hogan ( Terry Bollea )?

Of course , the first thing many people will think of when they hear that name is that he truly made pro- wrestling popular.

A kind of wrestling super- hero from the 80s . .

- - -

Apart from his persona in wrestling he has also been through some 'tough' situations in his private life...

Many of you probably are familiar with some of his headlines . .

So.. Firstly, how do you view him in his character..?

Yes ,he made pro- wrestling popular ( he was one of the biggest draws of promoter Vince McMahon in the 1980s ) , at one point in his career even made a shocking heel- turn ( wrestling expression for 'a good guy' turning into a 'bad guy' ) and ,despite his ongoing age , he still fought some matches during the last decades . .

Secondly , the man ( Terry Bollea ) himself ?

^ ^ Regardless what you think of the man , yeah , he surely has been through some tough stuff . .

- - -

Your opinion.. ?

Hail Hogan.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    turkic
    Ethnicity
    turkish + 1/4 georgian
    Ancestry
    caucasus, anatolia, balkan
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    pontid turanid
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,501
    Given: 2,436

0 Not allowed!

actually i don't have much opinion. i was never a fan of him but just thanks to the his golden era and wcw times, he made wrestling is more popular.

but nowadays i hardly watch wrestling. it's not entertaining anymore.

Away from keyboard ... Pro.crasti.nation's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 07:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Not feeling it...
    Country
    England
    Politics
    Moderate with libertarian fantasies.
    Hero
    Hulk Hogan
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 610
    Given: 1,439

0 Not allowed!

Loved his gimmick, as a child. Found it cringe, the older I got but still fond of him and the whole "wrestling thing".
    Before him/WWF, we had Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks. Fondest childhood memory was of my dad getting tickets for me and him to go see Big Daddy, Fit Finley and Giant Haystacks fight at our local town hall, back in the '80s.

The black thing was funny, just seemed like typical American drama.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information