Wood elf + pixie and nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,112
    Given: 2,045

4 Not allowed!

Default tortilla de patatas

3 to 4 (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds) Yukon Gold potatoes
    1 small onion
    1 cup olive oil ( I don't use nearly that much)
    6 extra-large or 7 large eggs
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Prepare potatoes and onions: Peel potatoes and onion and slice them very thin with a mandoline, the slicing blade of a food processor, or by hand. If either are on the large side, first cut them in a half lengthwise so the slices will be in half-moons.

Cook potatoes and onions: Heat oil in an 8- to 10-inch skillet, ideally nonstick, over medium-high until very hot, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes and onions in even layers and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping and nudging potatoes around to ensure they cook evenly. Potatoes are done when they are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. They should not get brown or fall apart in flipping (unless you like your tortillas with softer, more broken-up potatoes, as some do).

Drain potatoes and onions: Transfer potatoes and onion to a colander set over a bowl and drain them. Season potatoes and onion with salt and pepper and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. [Go make your salad now! Or start cracking those eggs...]

Make the tortilla batter: In the bottom of a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with a couple good pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in drained potatoes and onions. If you have 10 minutes, definitely let them soak together for that long; it makes a difference in how well the finally tortilla stays together. If you’re in a rush, it’s not going to ruin the dish if you skip it.

Cook the tortilla: Add 2 tablespoons of the drained cooking oil* (back to the skillet over medium-high heat. Pour potato mixture into skillet and flatten the potatoes with a spatula until they’re mostly even. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, moving and shimmying the skillet and nudging the egg around (so it runs underneath) for a minute before letting the tortilla cook undisturbed until the top is wet but not very runny, and it is golden underneath.

Loosen the tortilla with a spatula then slide it onto a large dinner plate. With your hands in potholders, invert the skillet over the plate, take a deep breath, and flip it back into the skillet. You can do it! Shake the skillet to straighten the tortilla and use a spatula to gently tuck the edges back under, if needed.

Return the skillet to the stove and cook tortilla to your desired doneness, another 2 to 3 minutes if you like an ever-so-slightly loose center (try it and see if you can go back), 3 to 4 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry, for full doneness.

Serve: Slice onto a plate and serve in wedges, hot, cold or at room temperature, plain, or with a dusting of smoked paprika and/or squiggle of aioli or mayo.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

1 Not allowed!

i ended up doing the Moroccan style Tortilla cause a friend of mine from Skype asked me to give it a try, hes Moroccan
    it was good but i ended up putting Pico de Gallo(mexican salsa) on top to give it a spicy flavor

this is the one i tried

Banned
    Last Online
    07-24-2017 @ 11:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Native American-Celt-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Iberian with Amerind + smaller other.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto Med- Berid + Amerind admix
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,785
    Given: 24,757

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    i ended up doing the Moroccan style Tortilla cause a friend of mine from Skype asked me to give it a try, hes Moroccan
    it was good but i ended up putting Pico de Gallo(mexican salsa) on top to give it a spicy flavor

this is the one i tried

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast-Martinv View Post
    lol you should give it a try, ask your mom or sister to make it for you but dont forget to put some pico de gallo on there haha

Banned
    Last Online
    07-24-2017 @ 11:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Native American-Celt-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Iberian with Amerind + smaller other.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto Med- Berid + Amerind admix
    Hero
    Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,785
    Given: 24,757

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    lol you should give it a try, ask your mom or sister to make it for you but dont forget to put some pico de gallo on there haha
    Yeah huh lol sent me the recipe for it my mom use to work in cooking would ask her if she can make it for me
    I'll try it out with your extra recipe with some pico de gallo on it hahaha what food is it? from where? the style type? Moroccan?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast-Martinv View Post
    Yeah huh lol sent me the recipe for it my mom use to work in cooking would ask her if she can make it for me
    I'll try it out with your extra recipe with some pico de gallo on it hahaha what food is it? from where? the style type? Moroccan?
    lol niiiiiiice, ill try to make it again cause the first time i messed it up and didnt come out perfectly round
    the recipe is in the video but you can also try the recipe in the OP which is the Spanish version, the one in the video is the Moroccan version

Thread Information