Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Ah, Thor Heyerdahl

Certainly a brave explorer, and important figure in anthropology, but he couldn't have been more wrong about Easter Island.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    No I am sure they are black people who learned farming 10k years ago like the papau new guineans. Not everything is about race, in fact aside to tards like you very little is.

Olmecs are pretty interesting too, there seems to have been a megalithic black empire in south america at some point, maybe that meets more with your approval.
    During the British Colonial period race was everything, it is not an exaggeration to make the stamens I wrote above. We have a dirth of evidence to support that; an entire book chronologically speaks period by period in Foreign Bodies Oceania and the Science of Race speaking on British views of Oceanic people from contact until the 20th century.

We know that the British Mythology of a dark primitive people being conquered (thanks to the British literally sending a boat of Maori warriors to kill them); we have the written record on my side much to you chagrin that speaks on such drivel.

That being said the Moriori like the Easter Islanders were not some foriegn race that were unlike the Hawaiians or Samoans or Tongans but completely within the spectrum of Austroneasian and Papuan expansions into the Pacific with possible Andean influences that at this point can not be substantiated save for the evidence of Sweet Potato.

Secondly this Old World centrality needs to end, I reject the idea that African and European foriegners before the Vikings bringing any sort of major population, cultural or linguistic shift to AmerInd populations.
    To say so is to continue the belief that AmerInd people or Polynesian people were unable to articulate, modify and construct the hallmarks of hierarchal society you and most others laud as some mark of superiority in this world.

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KidMulat View Post
    During the British Colonial period race was everything, it is not an exaggeration to make the stamens I wrote above. We have a dirth of evidence to support that; an entire book chronologically speaks period by period in Foreign Bodies Oceania and the Science of Race speaking on British views of Oceanic people from contact until the 20th century.

We know that the British Mythology of a dark primitive people being conquered (thanks to the British literally sending a boat of Maori warriors to kill them); we have the written record on my side much to you chagrin that speaks on such drivel.
    I agree with the second half but this is slander. The Maori weren't sent by the British (to the Cook Islands) they went of their own accord. Why would Britain give two hoots about Maori slave raids? As it happens Britain stopped the Maori slave trade.

As for your dearth of evidence; race was very important but the axle upon which the Empire spun was, of course, money.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    I agree with the second half but this is slander. The Maori weren't sent by the British (to the Cook Islands) they went of their own accord. Why would Britain give two hoots about Maori slave raids? As it happens Britain stopped the Maori slave trade.

As for your dearth of evidence; race was very important but the axle upon which the Empire spun was, of course, money.
    *sigh*

http://books.google.com/books?id=klg...oriori&f=false
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Lord Rodney had been commandeered. Nowhere even in your text does it suggest otherwise.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    I saw a documentary on them that was interesting and disturbing.

Turns out that there's practically a continent worth of land around easter island that is under relatively shallow water. During colder times the sea level is about 200 feet lower than in historic times, and all this land would have been above water for thousands of years.

The people on the island when they found it were supposedly of three separate tribes and some of them had pretty european features such as red or blonde hair. Their theory is that the watchers were there to hold back the water, and this dying civilization spent all its time trying to build these magic figures to hold back the rising water. Of course, it didn't work all that well but it explains how the heck it's possible to have so many huge statues on such a remote island which can support so few people.
    So your 145 IQ isn't going waste after all.

Great explanation.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They devastated their land with these things. It's not the quarrying but the erection of the damned statues that ruined the island. Basically instead of going to war or whatever, clans would erect statues to show off wealth and power, and to do so they needed a lot of logs to move the statue from the quarry, which lead to 100% deforestation by 1600, and thus complete destruction of their own land. They impoverished themselves, suffered dramatic population collapse, and later Peruvians enslaved 2,000 of them. Then the UK and others forced them to return the slaves, but all but 11 had died, and one of these had contracted smallpox, and this was introduced to the population. At one point there were only 36 of them left.

The thing about Europeans isn't based on genetic, skeletal or phenotypical evidence though, it's just something Heyerdahl postulated because he was a racist and for some reason, putting up some stupid statues requires too much brainpower for a non-White. Even though the Rapa Nuians done goofed by putting them up.

Rapa Nui, island of ghosts

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Lord Rodney had been commandeered. Nowhere even in your text does it suggest otherwise.
    The Rodney according to researchers was not "commandeered"

We find that, on the 7th November, the Maoris were watering the vessel, and between that date and the morning of November 14, 1835, at 5 a.m., when the Rodney sailed for the Chatham Islands, the Maoris were putting their potatoes and seed on board,—a quantity estimated at 70 tons,—although that could scarcely have occupied all the time. The day before leaving, so many Maoris crowded on board who wished to go, that there was no room to work the ship. She finally took away about 500 souls all told, including women and children; after having landed a large number of others at Evans' Bay. These latter people took the second mate ashore with them, fearing that the captain might not return, according to agreement, to to take the next shipload, unless they held a hostage. According to the Captain's statement, this was nearly coming to pass, on his return
    after landing the first party of Maoris at Whangaroa Harbour in the island. It is stated that he only fulfilled his agreement on the assurance of his trading-master, that if he did not return the life of the second mate would certainly be forfeited.
    http://www.jps.auckland.ac.nz/docume...d,_p154-163/p1

The captain knew these people had plans to kill the Moriori because as the the losing clans of the Musket Wars their plans were to attack, enslave and take over the lands of weaker, unarmed tribes and clans; originally the plans were to go to South Island but as the maori deckhands learned of the Chathams islands the decision was made to settle there.

To say the Brtish had no clue the Maori were going to kill the Moriori after already observing some 30 years of clan warfare is to really try and paint the British in some naive light. Like really Longbow :-/

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Rodney according to researchers was not "commandeered"

http://www.jps.auckland.ac.nz/docume...d,_p154-163/p1

The captain knew these people had plans to kill the Moriori because as the the losing clans of the Musket Wars their plans were to attack, enslave and take over the lands of weaker, unarmed tribes and clans; originally the plans were to go to South Island but as the maori deckhands learned of the Chathams islands the decision was made to settle there.

To say the Brtish had no clue the Maori were going to kill the Moriori after already observing some 30 years of clan warfare is to really try and paint the British in some naive light. Like really Longbow :-/
    Like really KidMulat, you always blame the West. Even this source only demonstrates one Briton knowing or caring what was going on. I'm not going to pretend the British got all up in arms at the bloodshed, but saying 'they sent a boat full of them' is just a lie. Basically the Maoris killed the Maorioris. But as the British were in the area, it's their fault, right? Even though I bet the authorities in Wellington couldn't have cared less.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Like really KidMulat, you always blame the West. Even this source only demonstrates one Briton knowing or caring what was going on. I'm not going to pretend the British got all up in arms at the bloodshed, but saying 'they sent a boat full of them' is just a lie. Basically the Maoris killed the Maorioris. But as the British were in the area, it's their fault, right? Even though I bet the authorities in Wellington couldn't have cared less.
    So the fact that the Maori before the British had no clue about the Chathams islands, only learned about it as deckhands on British boats, and were sent there knowing full well what they were going to do shows nothing on the part of the British? The land and people were under the authority and control of the king as such yes they were responsible for their subjects and let them die at the hands of other people who because of the Musket/Potato War were defeated and forced to flee.

This is not to say the Maori are guiltless, they most certainly are to blame for the killings but the British literally created the environment of tribal arm races and Chatham "discovery", don't be so naive because at the end of the day the Musket Wars which were encouraged by the British left the land free for the taking for their own enterprise and people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information