Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,015
    Given: 18,435

0 Not allowed!

The shake I make includes:
    -1 glass of milk.
    -1 glass of yoghurt
    -One banana and some strawberries
    -3 (collapsing from the sides and above) full spoons of chia seeds.
    -I add 2 cookies, can vary.
    -1 spoon of linseed
    -3 ice cubes
    -2 water-boiled eggs.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

1 Not allowed!

Show me results,captain wannabe.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-24-2015 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Durham City
    Hero
    Melonhead the Messiah
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,480
    Given: 1,373

1 Not allowed!

I've read so much bullshit on the internet about what you should eat. Like people spend hours each day planning their meals and calories.

What has worked for me is this-

Turkey leg and pork chop for lunch, washed down with milk, for the first 2 days after a workout. Usually with either chips or bread slathered in butter. For dinner I'll have some other meat, usually a steak, potato, and salad or something like that. Basically for the 2 days after a workout when my muscles are still store I just load up on meat and protein. Then, for the 3rd/4th day preceding the next workout, I basically do the opposite, don't eat much meat but load up on carbs for energy. No protein shakes or any of that shit.

This stuff is so basic and simple but all these fitness and bodybuidling.com retards just confuse the fuck out people with all these complex meal plans and counting calories. Just 1 year ago I looked like one of those tall and bony half-starved Balkan dudes from the old pictures, and after starting to lift weights seriously and eat like this, I've gained about 20 pounds since then. So this is my advice, take it or leave it, if you want to do things the hard way then you can.

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

1 Not allowed!

Normally I eat this daily:
    -6 scrambled eggs
    -500 gr of chicken breast
    -1 liter of milk
    -2 bread pieces
    -3-4 tortillas
    -beans or rice
    -vegetables
    -some fruits
    'It's time to chew ass' - Dick Kickem

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-17-2023 @ 08:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Maltese
    Country
    Malta
    Religion
    Zen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 6,583

0 Not allowed!

Is Ovaltine a good substitute for protein powder?

Last Online
    09-24-2016 @ 02:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    More human than human
    Ethnicity
    Norman aristocrat
    Ancestry
    French and various British isles
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Aristocratic body and facial profile
    Politics
    Feudalism ruled by Norman aristocrats
    Hero
    William the Conqueror and William DeBurgh
    Religion
    atheist but ostensibly religious to rule over peasants
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,674
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    09-24-2016 @ 02:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    More human than human
    Ethnicity
    Norman aristocrat
    Ancestry
    French and various British isles
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Aristocratic body and facial profile
    Politics
    Feudalism ruled by Norman aristocrats
    Hero
    William the Conqueror and William DeBurgh
    Religion
    atheist but ostensibly religious to rule over peasants
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,674
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

Bodybuilding is not about being physically fit

"Myth: Bodybuilders Are Healthy.

Put health before muscles.

We’ve all seen pictures of tanned, oiled up bodybuilders competing for titles. With their bulging muscles and impossible physiques, one might think that a bodybuilder is the epitome of health. But it couldn’t be further from the truth.

On the day of a competition, most true athletes are at a peak level of health and fitness. For a bodybuilder, it’s the exact opposite. Many are so weak and dehydrated that they’d have trouble running a mile. The reality is that professional bodybuilding can be very unhealthy – and many bodybuilders put their bodies through hell to look the way they do. There’s actually a bodybuilding saying, “Live fast. Die young. Be a beautiful corpse.”

In bodybuilding, the motivation is to look a certain way by building superficial muscles and winning an aesthetic competition. By it’s very nature, bodybuilding isn’t about being healthy. It’s entirely about doing whatever it takes to look a certain way.

According to bodybuilding.com, many bodybuilders suffer from high cholesterol and high blood pressure due to their taxing diets. Moreover, it takes a lot of effort for the human heart to supply blood such a large body mass – and so it increases the risk of heart issues and complications. And that’s without even taking into account the effects of steroid use.

With a goal of true health, proper diet and appropriate exercise are necessary requirements – but bodybuilding takes things to the extreme. Bodybuilding is about vanity and not health. I recommend putting health before muscles. "

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/exe...rs-are-healthy

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 09:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    U4d2, U5a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,486
    Given: 3,662

0 Not allowed!

1 EGG WHITES
    There's a reason why every successful bodybuilder in the world incorporates egg whites into their diet. With a protein to fat ratio of 60:1, egg whites are unquestionably one of the purest forms of protein in the world.

This magnificent muscle-building food also possesses an extremely high biological value - meaning that a large proportion of the protein absorbed from egg whites is readily utilized by your body for protein synthesis. Egg whites also contain very few carbohydrates and are a source of vitamins and minerals.

2 CHICKEN/TURKEY
    To pack on pounds of serious muscle, lean meats such as chicken and turkey breasts should be a staple in every bodybuilder's diet. Aside from providing an excellent source of high quality protein, they are also extremely low in saturated and trans fats.

3 FISH
    Although the recurring theme so far has been to eat foods that are low in fat, fish is one exception to this rule. Of course you want to stay away from saturated and trans fats, but your body still needs essential fatty acids such as omega-3 to help support the muscle-building process.

Cold water fish such as salmon, tuna, trout and sardines are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. Canned fish packed in water also comes in very handy because it provides a quick source of protein when on the go.

4 BEANS & LEGUMES
    If you are serious about building muscle, you can't ignore the power of beans and legumes. When people typically think of bodybuilding foods, they immediately refer to various lean meats, but what they don't realize is that the bean is a delicious and highly nutritious source of protein and fiber.

Fiber is essential to maintaining a regular and normal healthy bowel movement as well as proper insulin response - which is critical to muscle growth as both functions aid in absorption and use of various nutrients and supplements ingested by bodybuilders.

Kidney beans in particular are a very popular choice as they provide nearly 14 grams of both protein and fiber per cup! That's why you should never ignore the power of the bean!

5 LEAN RED MEAT
    Lean ground beef and cuts of red meat are excellent massbuilding food sources rich in protein, iron, zinc and B vitamins. Red meats have a high calorie per serving ratio, making it an excellent choice for hard gainers looking to pack on some serious size.

However, because red meats do possess a higher level of saturated fats, they should not be consumed on an everyday basis. Lean red meats are best incorporated into a weekly diet of chicken, turkey and fish - adding a little variety to your weekly nutrition plan.

6 SLOW-BURNING CARBS OR LOW GLYCEMIC CARBS
    Muscle isn't built with protein alone. You also need a good source of slow-burning carbohydrates to fuel and sustain your muscles. Slow-acting carbohydrates found in foods such as oatmeal and sweet potatoes make the best pre-workout snack. Why?

Well, when you exercise, muscle glycogen (carbs stored within your muscle) becomes the main source of fuel. As glycogen levels decrease from hard training, your intensity begins to decrease and more importantly, your body begins to tap your muscles for a source of energy thereby causing them to degenerate!

That's why it's so important that no matter what your goals are, in order for your muscle-building machinery to run at maximum levels, you need a consistent source of fuel such as a serving of slow-digesting carbs.

7 WATER
    When it comes to musclebuilders, the first thing to come to mind is meat. But the number one item that should be in your arsenal is water. Just think about it - 70 percent of your body is made up of water. Your muscles, tissue cells and ligaments all contain water. And most importantly, your life force - blood - is made up substantially of water.

When it comes to building a massive physique, you need to keep yourself in the most anabolic state possible and that is why many bodybuilders recommend drinking 10 liters of water a day. Staying hydrated also keeps your muscles full looking.

In addition water also serves as a medium in nutrient transport to your muscle cells, making more efficient and effective use of the nutrients and supplements that you consume.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Normally I eat this daily:
    -6 scrambled eggs
    -500 gr of chicken breast
    -1 liter of milk
    -2 bread pieces
    -3-4 tortillas
    -beans or rice
    -vegetables
    -some fruits
    Overkill, you can only digest so much protein in a day, much like vitamin supplements that's a recipe for expensive poop.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Overkill, you can only digest so much protein in a day, much like vitamin supplements that's a recipe for expensive poop.
    I eat 8-9 times a day
    'It's time to chew ass' - Dick Kickem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information