Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SPLIT from Are Spaniards and Portuguese people white?] Christianity and Paganism

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I don't see anything wrong with painting one's face and howling at the moon. It has been too long since I did anything like that.

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with painting one's face and howling at the moon. It has been too long since I did anything like that.
    I didn't say it would be. I said that it comes closer to characterising modern 'heathens' or neopagans than the pre-Christian heathens. I don't approve of such falsifications of history. It is not just about a few singular mistakes. It is a whole subculture at this point.
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Sweden
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Sigtun
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    I don't approve of such falsifications of history. It is not just about a few singular mistakes. It is a whole subculture at this point.
    You will only ware yourself out if you tear in to all things that you don’t approve of.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamt View Post
    You will only ware yourself out if you tear in to all things that you don’t approve of.
    It is a very marginal phenomenon and nothing much to worry about. At the same time, I don't like it. It's wrong by common sense and good manners, in my opinion, to make some kind of subculture out of unfounded revisionisms. It's parasitic, and causes new obstacles to cultural preservation, especially for people who may be drawn in to accept these revisions, as if it was 'our history' (as a result, for example, of some stereotypical perception of all serious historical accounts along with the traditional one as 'politically correct'). I have every right to say what I think about it.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Sweden
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Sigtun
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    It is a very marginal phenomenon and nothing much to worry about. At the same time, I don't like it. It's wrong by common sense and good manners, in my opinion, to make some kind of subculture out of unfounded revisionisms. It's parasitic, and causes new obstacles to cultural preservation, especially for people who may be drawn in to accept these revisions, as if it was 'our history' (as a result, for example, of some stereotypical perception of all serious historical accounts along with the traditional one as 'politically correct'). I have every right to say what I think about it.
    I believe it draws people to cultural preservation and traditionalism and that it’s a good thing, even the spirituality of it is good in many cases. Several of the Heathens on Apricity know a hell lot more about pre-Christian religion than most including me. No need to rip their heads off and scream hippy at them. Not all the time anyway.

And besides, a narrative and well grounded hypothesis is necessary to be able to say anything about spirituality or Scandinavian and European pre-history, otherwise we have nothing but archeological and scientific data and not much more. If you find anything specific that Psy or Lyf or someone else gets wrong in your opinion, take it up.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamt View Post
    I believe it draws people to cultural preservation and traditionalism and that it’s a good thing, even the spirituality of it is good in many cases. Several of the Heathens on Apricity know a hell lot more about pre-Christian religion than most including me. No need to rip their heads off and scream hippy at them. Not all the time anyway.

And besides, a narrative and well grounded hypothesis is necessary to be able to say anything about spirituality or Scandinavian and European pre-history, otherwise we have nothing but archeological and scientific data and not much more. If you find anything specific that Psy or Lyf or someone else gets wrong in your opinion, take it up.
    Falsifications:
    1. The claims to a 'heathen tradition' is parasitic. Modern 'heathenry', despite superficial similarities, is not connected to pre-Christian heathenry.
    2. The claim that European culture is heathen at the core with a Christian veneer is parasitic. Heathenry never preserved anything that could warrant this claim. The claims to that effect by modern 'heathens' or neopagans are fictional and have no basis. European culture is Christian. (This is still so despite secularisation: it cannot bring back heathenry.) Christianity did preserve its own sources and proofs that this is so. Remnants of pre-Christian culture in the outer applications do not change this quite simple fact, which is objective in nature. It does not depend on the religious point of view, but it can, on the contrary, easily be confirmed by atheists and agnostics as well as by those neopagans who don't stake such false claims.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 01:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Great Britain & Ireland
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Yorkshire
    Y-DNA
    R1b?
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    Alt-Right
    Hero
    Gladstone
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Jamt, Anthropos and Saltimbanque all have been able to assess this subject without taking it personally. In that, so have I. I experienced a time in my life, when I chose the "what if?" route with respect to revisionist mockeries of non-Christian "religions" with some tie to Europe. At first, the material I had available was all ahistorically ignorant of true and documented traditions as they did exist. Far too many engaged people spend their time trying to reclaim something, by spin-doctoring and making counter-claims. One of the most amusing actualities of our time, is those who call Christianity a dead religion, but then go ahead and fancifully resurrect something our own ancestors progressed past, in their search for truth. While I speak of progression, it is only true progression insofar as man lost his way and then found it again. I believe truth, rather than simple ritual, is more important.

Last Online
    01-11-2012 @ 02:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic...i guess...
    Ethnicity
    Canuck
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default what is this thread about anyways?

???

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Ancestry
    Castilla la Vieja
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,980
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

Whi did you revive a 2-yeard old thread ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information