Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ethnic Group do you relate the most with?

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

Metallers, alcoholics, and misanthropes don't count as an ethnic group, do they?

My Countship is not of this world Comte Arnau's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-18-2015 @ 02:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European (Romanic)
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Ancestry
    Pyrenean
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Catalunya
    Taxonomy
    W/S Europid
    Politics
    Sovereigntism
    Religion
    Cult to Pyrene
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,755
    Given: 1,407

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by December View Post
    It is a constructed anachronic flag. It's mainly used by a small bunch which wants to reconstruct a mythical Greater Galicia, based on what was a brief foreign Suebi dominion in the Peninsula.

For that constructed flag, they used some "apocryphal" vague elements they found out in the 20's about a legend written in a document from 1669. Go figure.

In Galicia they find support in a pseudo-intelectual elite. In Portugal they find support in some riff-raff who was flamed in the Football Wars during the 80's and 90's and in some mercantilist elite from the city of Porto who wants more financial power, like the entrepeneurs from CIP among other capitalist savages who see nations and states as enterprises.

The way they dispose the elements of the flag was constructed based on some fairytale legend of a Suebi battle as south as Coimbra. It involves a magic princess of course.

Funny is that to give more credibility to their flag, they usurped the disposition of Coimbra's coat-of-arms,

which is a Portuguese property, and they even claim the city into their idiot expansionist map in a region with the name of "Mondego", a river which is supposedly the border who separates them from the darkside.

They are retarded to the point of not knowing that the region they call "Mondego" is called Beira from timeless ages, and to the point of not knowing how Coimbra is a bastion of Portuguese culture, far before it's independence in 1139, back to times of Conii (the founders of Conimbriga, today's Coimbra).

^ They can claim even England, they are seen as retards from Left to Right, from top to bottom. Like many loonies they live in a world of their own, dettached from reality, spreading their "message" throughout a website which is a hall of misfits and rejects (some I've personally known), the Forum Gallaecia.

They claim themselves of being of pure Celtic extraction while those southwards are called "moors", which is as real as a Pan-Aryan alliance from Lisbon to Delhi, from the Scandinavia to the Aryans of Sahara (LMAO, you must see the Berber Aryan site). You may visit their equivalent "pure Lusitanian" counterparts south here: http://ptl.home.sapo.pt/history.html

They even invented a new lexicon for a new Galician language which will be taught to people who have "Nortenho" accent. Yes, it's that ridiculous, something like reinventing a new Proto-English language based in the accent from Newcastle or Portsmouth, stressing the idiolects from the locals and making it a language. Yes, it's even more ridiculous than squeezing the Cockney accent and make it a language.

Their future? wasting internet bandwidth and being mocked. Even in what they call "Gallaecia Sul" or "Gallaecia Bracarense" (where the Cultura Castreja was predominant thousands of years ago, due to geographical determinism) they are mocked. Albeit detesting this bunch even more than we do, some people in Spain interested in the end of Portugal, give them tacit support, wet-dreaming that in this way, Portugal can be fractured and absorbed in a federal Greater Spain. It's internet wanking, but what can we do? Sure. If even Tsim Fuckus can youtube his own Eminem cover, why can't this people have their own RPG?

The outcome? Sabotaging sane approaches to Nationalism here and there. Very very rarely, fortunately. They are in the same bag as the Indian nazis. The sad fortune is that you can only really laugh to tears at them if you understand Portuguese or Galician. Like I have done with people from the regions they claim here. One of these days I'll go to their claimed cities and make a vast public poll for the sake of jesting.

Biba! O Puorto é uma naçoum, carago!

Thanks, very informative.

I had heard something about it, but I wasn't aware of 90% of it all!
    < La Catalogne peut se passer de l'univers entier, et ses voisins ne peuvent se passer d'elle. > Voltaire

Last Online
    06-27-2012 @ 09:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earth female
    Ethnicity
    Europe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't think you understand the purpose of this thread. There was nothing wrong with Asega's post. And "relate with" has a lot to do with personal feelings.
    In that case I am wrong

Btw you don't need to "protect" Asega from me, we understand each other quite good.
    veni, vidi, dormivi

Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English, Frisian, Frankish
    Ancestry
    England and the Netherlands
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    1. What do you relate the most with ethnically? European? "White"? a National Ethnicity?a Sub-National Ethnic group? A macro-group like Celtic, Germanic, or Romance? Please be as specific as possible.
    Hmmm, I think if I'm honest I'd say I relate predominantly with 'Germania'. My mother is Dutch, my Aunty German and my cousins English/German (I guess my Dad and his brother preferred continental ladies ) so I've had a lot of exposure to - other than England - Holland and Germany as Germanic nations and cultures. I've always felt quite at home in Germany, more so than Holland strangely - perhaps it's the landscape. But I've always just felt very at home in England. I also acknowledge the Celtic element in England - unlike some, and I don't think any Englishman should deny the small Celtic cultural and genetic influence they're subject to.

I consider myself English but I'd feel comfortable relocating to any of the Germanic nations, and to a lesser extent the Celtic ones.

2. If you are American, or you have more than one ancestral group, do you play favoritism between them? Why? For example, if you are German and English - do you feel more "German-American" than "English-American"? Or let's say your country used to be Celtic, but it was romanticize. Do you feel more romantic or celtic? Just two of the many examples this could lead to.
    I'm not American but I can answer this, having dual ancestry. I absolutely feel English rather than Dutch. I enjoy Holland and the Dutch people, and I value my Dutch family greatly, but the culture only feels like 'mine' in the sense that it's Germanic and therefore strongly related to English culture.

It is also the one that people ascribe to me mostly because I guess I look predominately, to American eyes, as Spanish or more generally "Hispanic/Latino".
    I can understand why you'd feel this way Stefan, but I just want to offer my comments on this. It can be tempting to identify with the ethnic group you look like most. I've probably felt this way as, strangely, I've been told I look Irish, Welsh or even Spanish - despite having no know ancestry (except perhaps some quite distant Spanish on my Dutch side). But I am overwhelmingly Germanic by ancestry, regardless of my appearance. I'm just saying, your appearance does not dictate what you are, your ancestry does. If you feel Spanish because you identify with that side of your ancestry, fine, but don't be encouraged to identify with Spain because people say you resemble a Spaniard.

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Old
    Hero
    José Antonio Primo de Rivera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 63

0 Not allowed!

Portugal, Southern France, Italy, some parts of South America (culture). Ireland and Poland (religion). England and Wales (personal experience)

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Stefan; "meta-ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ethnicity
    Stefan; "ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ancestry
    Britain, Germany, Iberia, France, West Africa, Carribean natives, etc, etc.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Individualist Anarchist - influenced by Tucker/Stirner/Proudhon/Warren
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cythraul View Post
    I can understand why you'd feel this way Stefan, but I just want to offer my comments on this. It can be tempting to identify with the ethnic group you look like most. I've probably felt this way as, strangely, I've been told I look Irish, Welsh or even Spanish - despite having no know ancestry (except perhaps some quite distant Spanish on my Dutch side). But I am overwhelmingly Germanic by ancestry, regardless of my appearance. I'm just saying, your appearance does not dictate what you are, your ancestry does. If you feel Spanish because you identify with that side of your ancestry, fine, but don't be encouraged to identify with Spain because people say you resemble a Spaniard.
    I agree 100% with what you are saying. Something I would like to bring up though is irregardless of what I feel, there has to be a certain level of acceptance in order to fit into an "Ethnic Group" in the United States. For example, mulattos aren't seen as half-white/half-black, they are seen as African-American/Black. Obama is our first "black president" not our first "mixed president".

Most Americans go off of appearance when denoting an Ethnic Group almost exclusively, or at least my generation anyway. Most people don't even think of me as somebody of European descent, they guess things like Mexican(which could be European, but definitely not in the stereotypical way they are using it) and Middle Eastern most commonly, and one time I even got Eurasian and Mulatto(I do not even know how) before. In reality most people see dark brown/black hair, brown eyes and slightly darker(though not naturally darker) skin and automatically cling to this idea. Again let me note, that this is exclusively from my generation that I base my observations. A lot of the time they don't even know what these groups or any other groups do look like.

Now that isn't the worst part of it, if I correct them, they ignore me and just keep with their assumptions. I remember about a month ago, for American Cultures(History), we had to present a family tree, and after I presented mine a friend(not a close one) of mine, said "you are more Spanish than German". Not "you look more Spanish", but you are , I corrected him and told him I was actually around 7/16th german while only 4/16th Spanish. He said "no you are more Spanish". Now I don't really let this bother me, because I know what I am, and he is an idiot for the idea not getting across his head that I am right and he is wrong when it comes to something that personal, but sometimes you just feel like you need that acceptance of your peers to fit into a group. That is a little bit why I don't feel American of European ancestry(AKA "White") opposed to "mixed European in the new world". Here in America, you arent "white" if you don't look it by their standards. Which a lot of the time these standards are in confliction with reality.

On the internet I don't have this problem at all. Never have I been guessed to not look what I was in such a drastic way let alone be told what I was. Never was I labeled as "Non-European" or I didn't look my ancestry. I think this is partially because people on the internet I talk about this with are more educated on the matter, as well as the arrogance my age group and generation boasts

Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English, Frisian, Frankish
    Ancestry
    England and the Netherlands
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

They're idiots Stefan. I can understand the need to be accepted as being of a particular ethnic group, but I think you'd find that if you lived in England you'd be accepted as ethnic English (or at least British) and likewise in Germany, France (and Spain). From what you say, Americans are a lot more superficial (and perhaps ignorant) about ethnicity. My cousin, who is very Dutch (with perhaps the same distant Spanish admixture as me, and some more recent French) has a look that may be darker than yours even. If I may be so bold, I think you may find that as you age you'll look more as your ancestry would suggest you are. I actually think there's something quite German, or Austrian, about your look, from the pictures I've seen.

Last Online
    11-19-2014 @ 09:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Gallaecia
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by December View Post

^ They can claim even England, they are seen as retards from Left to Right, from top to bottom. Like many loonies they live in a world of their own, dettached from reality, spreading their "message" throughout a website which is a hall of misfits and rejects (some I've personally known), the Forum Gallaecia.
    They're living a fantasy, setting imaginary ethnic boundaries and denying historical facts. They still blame the Romans! You can't take them seriously.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Stefan; "meta-ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ethnicity
    Stefan; "ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ancestry
    Britain, Germany, Iberia, France, West Africa, Carribean natives, etc, etc.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Individualist Anarchist - influenced by Tucker/Stirner/Proudhon/Warren
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cythraul View Post
    They're idiots Stefan. I can understand the need to be accepted as being of a particular ethnic group, but I think you'd find that if you lived in England you'd be accepted as ethnic English (or at least British) and likewise in Germany, France (and Spain). From what you say, Americans are a lot more superficial (and perhaps ignorant) about ethnicity. My cousin, who is very Dutch (with perhaps the same distant Spanish admixture as me, and some more recent French) has a look that may be darker than yours even. If I may be so bold, I think you may find that as you age you'll look more as your ancestry would suggest you are. I actually think there's something quite German, or Austrian, about your look, from the pictures I've seen.
    I still haven't figured it out if it is just Americans as a whole or just teenagers who are superficial and ignorant as well as arrogant. It seems the older somebody is, the easier they are to tell who is European and who isn't. I don't think I can recall anybody over the age of 18 judging me as anything other than European in ancestry. The funny thing is, neither of my parents are thought of anything but European or "White" by everybody, including my generation. I wonder if it is because I'm darker than them due to being able to tan easier... No surprise there.

As for what I look. The most legit impression I get in everyday life is French. By legit I mean they don't think I look Mexican, and say Spanish by default since it is the "closest" option. On the internet I've been associated with the English a lot.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post

Btw you don't need to "protect" Asega from me, we understand each other quite good.
    Haha, no, Asega is a big boy and I wouldn't want to protect him.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information