Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Methusalem View Post
    This applies for robust and broadframed mesomorphic CM but not reduced, endomorphic alpignids.

That's why dwarfish Gracile Mediterranids enslaved millions of robust broad framed Sudanids and North-Paleanegrids.
    That's why gracile Atlanto-faggs from Britannia subjugated robust Polynesians and Melanesians.
    Well it should be obvious that I was not talking about no alpinoids. Alpinid is a fully neolithic type anyway, and like it's brother neodanubian, related to hallstat nordids. All of these are neolithisized either through genes or culturation or both. My point still stands.

By the way bullshit, bullshit:

1. cum hoc propter hoc

Correlation does not imply causation. The assumption (Who knows? Maybe there were or are some high level combat sport athletes from the Horn of Africa) that Horners never have been high level athletes in any form of combat, doesn't actually mean that they are not able to be high level athletes in any form of combat. Yes fuck logic, I guess.
    No fightsports are so widespread and such basic form of rivalry, that I think it is highly unlikely that it would be just a question of coincidence that Horners have never been able to produce a single high level combat athlete.

2. Socio-economic and cultural reason

Why are many people who participate in wintersport olympics from Northern Europe? Maybe because it is easy and a tradition for Northern Euros to do wintersports based on obvious geographical reasons?
    Why do you see so many succesful African American basketball players but barely any Westafrican basketball players?
    Average African American male is smaller than the average white American male but 85% of NBA players are African Americans.
    Oh yes all Horners are midgets because of 10 professional marathon runners from Ethiopia. Sure.
    Why have many polo, raiding, skiing, sailing, lacrose, golf, squash, tennis and racquetball athletes a rich upper class background? Maybe because people with an higher social status have better genetics to play golf, polo, lacrose etc. or is it because their socio-economic and cultural environment supports these sports?
    No horners are midgets, because they are midgets. Dude we got Somalis here, so I can see what they are, so you can stop bullshitting.

You are wrong, Westafricans are overpresented in NBA. Of the top of my head Dikembe Mutombo and Manute Bol come to my mind. I also googled for you a more contemporary list, so there you go .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...gn_NBA_players
    When you take into account that they're sports programs most likely suck big time, this all looks pretty damn impressive.

However I do agree with you that the north european dominance in winter sports is likely due to those socio-economic and other cultural reasons.

3. Lacking knowledge regarding the phenotypic diversity in the Horn of Africa

Educate yourself about the phenotypic diversity in the Horn of Africa before you make such ignorant statements. You are going to find robust types in Highland regions while the Lowland regions especially Somalia are populated by gracile, neothenic leptomorphic types which are currently quite common in Scandinavia like your homeboy Wadaad.
    Dude stop monkeying around, all Somalis and Ethios look the same. I mean as peoples, I agree there's a difference between these two peoples though.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2014 @ 04:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Colombia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,628
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Valtaves View Post
    No fightsports are so widespread and such basic form of rivalry, that I think it is highly unlikely that it would be just a question of coincidence that Horners have never been able to produce a single high level combat athlete.
    There are high level combat athletes from the Horn of Africa and there will be more under certain circumstances.

No horners are midgets, because they are midgets. Dude we got Somalis here, so I can see what they are, so you can stop bullshitting.
    Who cares about your subjective opinion? Finnish people are 1 feet hobbit dwarfs, dude we got Finnish people here, so I can see what they are, so you can stop bullshitting.

You are wrong, Westafricans are overpresented in NBA. Of the top of my head Dikembe Mutombo and Manute Bol come to my mind. I also googled for you a more contemporary list, so there you go .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...gn_NBA_players
    When you take into account that they're sports programs most likely suck big time, this all looks pretty damn impressive.
    They make up only 20 players from Nigeria and Senegal which is combined as much as Serbian players in the NBA lmao. Not one single player from other numerous Westafrican countries like Ghana, Togo, Guiena, Benin, Cote d'ivoire, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Gabon, Mali, Liberia etc. and no these countries have combined a greater population than Senegal and Nigeria combined. Probably because in Senegal and Nigeria there exist a certain financially supported 'Basketball' culture?

Dude stop monkeying around, all Somalis and Ethios look the same. I mean as peoples, I agree there's a difference between these two peoples though.
    Wtf? You make no sense. You are contradicting yourself in the next sentence. Somalis and Ethios differ like Scandinavians and Iberians.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrudnyZydMalpa View Post
    Isn't that irony!?

How can Alpinids be a recent phenotype but not be a progressive phenotype!?
    Because they're not, really. There's tons of genetic continuity in alps, much more than most of europe.

Alpinization is new with respect to the rest of europe.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheViridiana View Post
    If you're setting out to prove that Alpinids, admixtured or in pure form, for instance.. didn't exist in the Roman Empire in common folk or higher Roman hierarchy and prior to it, in European archaeological examples such as Otzi the Iceman, you're failing miserably then.. Way to take a European phenotype way over the bounds of sense. We're Medish and European, get over it.
    Otzi is slightly dolichocephalic.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

There are high level combat athletes from the Horn of Africa and there will be more under certain circumstances.
    Oh please, there is not a single even decent level athlete from the Horn, and you know it as well as I, so please at least be honest.

What are these circumstances? Many of the worlds best fighters have risen from impoverished conditions (though imo this has become almost like a cliche now, and not at all completely true), so are you then suggesting that Horn should become even poorer than it is now?

Who cares about your subjective opinion? Finnish people are 1 feet hobbit dwarfs, dude we got Finnish people here, so I can see what they are, so you can stop bullshitting.
    That is not only my subjective notion, I have objective data to support my opinion

They make up only 20 players from Nigeria and Senegal which is combined as much as Serbian players in the NBA lmao. Not one single player from other numerous Westafrican countries like Ghana, Togo, Guiena, Benin, Cote d'ivoire, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Gabon, Mali, Liberia etc. and no these countries have combined a greater population than Senegal and Nigeria combined. Probably because in Senegal and Nigeria there exist a certain financially supported 'Basketball' culture?
    I did indeed notice that in ratio to population there are many countries and areas which produce more players than West Africans. Especially Lithuania seems to be massively overpresented. But it doesn't matter on a global scale and especially on a West Africa/East Africa dichotomy.

Wtf? You make no sense. You are contradicting yourself in the next sentence. Somalis and Ethios differ like Scandinavians and Iberians.
    My wording was poor because I was in a hurry. I meant that all Somali people look similar to each other, & all Ethiopians look a like, but as a two distinct peoples, these two peoples, Somalis and Ethiopians look nothing alike.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Colombia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Oh please, there is not a single even decent level athlete from the Horn, and you know it as well as I, so please at least be honest.

What are these circumstances? Many of the worlds best fighters have risen from impoverished conditions (though imo this has become almost like a cliche now, and not at all completely true), so are you then suggesting that Horn should become even poorer than it is now?
    There are some professional fighters from Ethiopia. Could post some.

I already mentioned the reasons before: There is no and there was never a real interest of doing fighting sports besides 'wrestling' in Ethiopia. No financial support of fighting clubs etc. most Ethiopians prefer to play soccer or doing long distance running since these sports are very popular.

That is not only my subjective notion, I have objective data to support my opinion
    Which data?

I did indeed notice that in ratio to population there are many countries and areas which produce more players than West Africans. Especially Lithuania seems to be massively overpresented. But it doesn't matter on a global scale and especially on a West Africa/East Africa dichotomy.
    So what does it tell you? That there are plenty of other factors involved than just 'body types'.

My wording was poor because I was in a hurry. I meant that all Somali people look similar to each other, & all Ethiopians look a like, but as a two distinct peoples, these two peoples, Somalis and Ethiopians look nothing alike.
    Yes majority of Somalis look like besides the 10-20% Somali Bantus and the 5% of Arab minorities however Ethiopians are extremely diverse like whole Europe as a whole.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There are some professional fighters from Ethiopia. Could post some.

I already mentioned the reasons before: There is no and there was never a real interest of doing fighting sports besides 'wrestling' in Ethiopia. No financial support of fighting clubs etc. most Ethiopians prefer to play soccer or doing long distance running since these sports are very popular.
    Why there is no interest? Do the Highland Warriors lack the warrior spirit? Sounds like a oxymoron to me..

Which data?
    Well I can assure there exist data to refute your Finns are midgets retort, and I'm also sure if I'd be bothered I could find data that proves that Horners are not at least among the very tallest populations on Tellus.

So what does it tell you? That there are plenty of other factors involved than just 'body types'.
    Well of course, there are other factors in play, but that does not mean that body types and genetics does not play a role in this, so basically we agree then

Yes majority of Somalis look like besides the 10-20% Somali Bantus and the 5% of Arab minorities however Ethiopians are extremely diverse like whole Europe as a whole.
    Well it could indeed be that you have more info on the various tribes of Ethiopia.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Colombia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why there is no interest? Do the Highland Warriors lack the warrior spirit? Sounds like a oxymoron to me..
    Why should there be when there is no financial and medial support of such sports? Warrior spirit maybe in a sense of doing traditional wrestling which is indeed popular but still nothing in comparison to the popularity of long distance sports and soccer.

Well I can assure there exist data to refute your Finns are midgets retort, and I'm also sure if I'd be bothered I could find data that proves that Horners are not at least among the very tallest populations on Tellus.
    Sure comparing First world average height with Third world average height in regards of average height says a lot about the actual real genetic potential. Average Horner born and raised up in Western countries is at least 180 cm. What does it tell toyou? Flynn-Effect.

Look here:

According to a study by Economist John Komlos and Francesco Cinnirella, in the first half of 18th century, the average height of English male was 165 cm (5 ft 5 in), the average height of Irish male was 168 cm (5 ft 6 in). The estimated mean height of English, German, and Scottish soldiers are 163.6 cm – 165.9 cm (5 ft 4.4 in – 5 ft 5.3 in) for the period as a whole, while that of Irish was 167.9 cm (5 ft 6.1 in). The average height of male slaves and convicts in North America was 171 cm (5 ft 7 in).
    Troops of the Eight-Nation Alliance in 1900, shows British and American soldiers significantly taller than continental European soldiers. Left-to-right: Britain, United States, Australian, British India, Germany, France, Austria-Hungary, Italy, Japan.

Well of course, there are other factors in play, but that does not mean that body types and genetics does not play a role in this, so basically we agree then
    Yes so as long as you don't have any clear proof for your assumptions, you shouldn't state your opinion as a 'fact'.

Well it could indeed be that you have more info on the various tribes of Ethiopia.
    Yes.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why should there be when there is no financial and medial support of such sports? Warrior spirit maybe in a sense of doing traditional wrestling which is indeed popular but still nothing in comparison to the popularity of long distance sports and soccer.
    Oh well, ok then. tbh martial sports are one of the cheapest sports to do, you don't need much financial support at all, but anyway..

Sure comparing First world average height with Third world average height in regards of average height says a lot about the actual real genetic potential. Average Horner born and raised up in Western countries is at least 180 cm. What does it tell toyou? Flynn-Effect.

Look here:

Troops of the Eight-Nation Alliance in 1900, shows British and American soldiers significantly taller than continental European soldiers. Left-to-right: Britain, United States, Australian, British India, Germany, France, Austria-Hungary, Italy, Japan.

Yes this thought occurred to me too (we think alike) nutrition might play some role here, you are absolutely right.

Yes so as long as you don't have any clear proof for your assumptions, you shouldn't state your opinion as a 'fact'.
    C'mon now we all know the man speaketh the truth.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic-Illyrian-Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Italics and Greeks (Greek-Roman roots)
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Apulia
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-mediterranid
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Jupiter and Zeus
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 88

1 Not allowed!

I live in northern Italy, I can confirm that it is due to a hyper-money-saving mentality, a mentality based on the East Asian model of work (even working 12 hours a day is seen as normal and indeed many also boast of this) many immigrants acquire this type of mentality over
    time, I honestly don't know how they do it, very sad, I would rather go hungry than a similar reality, pure alienation, can this really be defined as a life?
    perfect compromise: Tuscany, central Italy and Spain, wealthy places with strong work ethic but also Mediterranean relaxation
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 03-24-2024 at 12:49 PM.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread Information