Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,586
    Given: 3,544

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    There is technological progress, but as a specie are humans evolving or devolving mentally, as a whole?

Don't chimp out here, you know who you are.

So what do you think.
    btw, I think the word you were thinking of was 'involution' or 'regression', at least that's what the dictionary says is the english word for spanish 'involución'.

'devolutión' means 'devolución'... what has to do 'devolution' with what you're suggesting if may aI ask?.

Well my english sucks and maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

2 Not allowed!

In all fairness, I think devolution can be possible. I can see that almost everything in life has its own ups and downs in life that can make us have some underlying mental bias to skew our view of reality, but nevertheless back to the question at hand. The prevalence of technology has both its pros and cons in general. On the pro side, it makes it more convenient for us to access knowledge, help develop more methods to progress us as a species as a whole, etc. Whereas the very convenience of technology made us so accustomed to making our lives easier to the point that it can more or less take away our independent thinking as a whole.

*Spoilers long rant ahead*

I say this because the mob mentality thinking is probably one of the most self destructive mentalities out there. It can be manipulated by elitists in forms of the media. Just take any topic that it presents under the following; race related, wars, sporting events, self destructive puppets (e.g. Justin Bieber) etc. play with our emotions one way or another for either a positive or negative reaction.

The same could be said about fads or "cult-like cultures" that come about with each generation. Take the ghetto rap culture for example. It first started out as a cultural identity for black culture. It grew in popularity in some areas in the world and shaped future generations for the worse because of its indoctrinating effects. Instead of endeavoring for a decent education, it shapes people to aspire to be thugs in society. Only reinforcing misogyny, crime (lets face it, gangsters are nothing but spineless morons who flock in groups that prey upon people who try to make an honest, decent living), "tough guy" image, ignorance, butchering of a language with slang, and turning a country into a third world shithole. The is why I say think as an individual, don't fall prey to being a brainwashed, ticking time bomb with any sense of individualism whatsoever. That is why we have logic to firmly plant our feet on the ground.

In all, think as an individual and live your life by your very convictions until the end. Life goes in accordance to how you subjectively view your life and how you live it is all that it comes down to. Lets face it, in the end, life can be very short in some respects before you realize it. Life is neither "good" nor "bad", its neutral. Its how you live your life is what it boils down to. If a person lives their life unfulfilled and empty, chances are the person will die with a sense of regret. Whereas a person who lived their life through acceptance and content will die peacefully.

Thats just my two cents for now...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information