06-26-2013 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Nazi Germany Nordic Beauty Ideal

Not exactly the Coonian Hallstatt type. What do you think???
    Last edited by Jarl; 12-13-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Hmmm let's see:

Not quite....next.....

This man plunged the world into war dressed like that...

Errr....we'll call you.....next....

You've got to be joking...
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Certainy a far cry from Coonian fetishized narrow-face "Halstatts":

There definitely seems to be some disparity between Coonian Nordic and Eickstedt's Gunther's Nordic... Or perhaps it was the Nazis who had a different view?

Definitely the Nazis blended Falish and Nordic into one, while Coon blended Meds and Nordics. There is no trace of Coonian Nordo-Mediterranism in these posters.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

In the posters, the men usually seem to be Fälid or Trřnder, two types that hypertrophy certain masculine traits like the strong jaw. The women tend to look more Nordid and feminine though.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    In the posters, the men usually seem to be Fälid or Trřnder, two types that hypertrophy certain masculine traits like the strong jaw. The women tend to look more Nordid and feminine though.
    Indeed! They faces tend to be masculine with pronounced strong jaws and zygomatic bones not really compressed. Face is often rectangular and jaw is more horizontal rather than steeply sloping.

This "Rassenkarte" lists prominent chins and rectangular faces as most highly valued... Also, if Im correct, deep-set eyes. These traits are rather Cro-Magnon-like. They don't really bring the rounded, gracile Halstatt into your mind.

Last Online
    06-23-2010 @ 12:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ingaevonic
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!

I once readed something another poster wrote on Skadi, years ago (can't recall his name). It was about the class system as applied by Himmler in his Gestapo and SS. In total six classes were defined based upon phenotype and ancestry (4 generations).
    Concerning phenotype it was something like this:

Klas I: Nordisch, Falisch oder Nordisch-Falisch
    Klas II: Nordish/Falische mit Westischen oder Dinarischen einschlag
    Klas III: Dinarisch, Westisch oder Nordisch/Falisch mit Ostischen/Ostbaltischen Einschlag.
    Klas IV: etc..
    Klas V: ..
    Klas VI: ..

Only the first two classes e.g. pred. Nordid/Faelid or Nordid/Faelid mixed with Dinarid/Mediterranid were allowed in the SS. Needless to say that during the middle of the war the rules were softenend and also the third and fourth class people were allowed enlistment (Germany and its collaborators were running out of Edelgermanen).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Take a look at this German poster:

The only visible difference between Nordic and Falish (apart from the fashionale hairstyle of course) is:

- sloping forehead in the Nordic guy

- stronger jaw in the Falish fellow (greater bigonial breadth), giving his face a more pentagonal, rectangular shape

Otherwise, both are pretty much the same.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ingaevonic
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
    The only visible difference between Nordic and Falish (apart from the fashionale hairstyle of course) is:

- sloping forehead in the Nordic guy

- stronger jaw in the Falish fellow (greater bigonial breadth), giving his face a more pentagonal, rectangular shape

Otherwise, both are pretty much the same.
    Here is another one:

Strangely enough here the Nordisch fellow has a straight forehead and the Faelid fellow a more sloping forehead. I wouldn't call both textbook Nordid and Faelid btw. They rather look what Coon would call West-Germanic type or Anglo-Saxon type with their on overall appearance more looking as overgrown Nordids with rather high heads.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Prince View Post
    Strangely enough here the Nordisch fellow has a straight forehead and the Faelid fellow a more sloping forehead.
    Aah! Exactly!!! Funny, isn't it???

I wouldn't call both textbook Nordid and Faelid btw. They rather look what Coon would call West-Germanic type or Anglo-Saxon type with their on overall appearance more looking as overgrown Nordids with rather high heads.
    Each typology had its own image of "Nordic" type. I can't exactly comprehend what was the reason for which Coon derived Nordics from Central European, Halstatt crania. However, even Coon's Nordics also are slightly heterogenous. Have a look at his Danubian Nordic type. What the hell is that??? Looking at various Nordics from the Corded and Halstatt plates you also get a varying degree of chin prominence and forehead sloping.

But it strongly appears to me that European Nordic, as defined by German or Polish schools, was quite different to both Coon's Danubian and Halstatt Nordic. I mean... just think of the terms... Halstatt Nordic??? DANUBIAN Nordic???

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ingaevonic
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Aah! Exactly!!! Funny, isn't it???
    Well thats what happens when politics and ideology interfere with science and scholarship. One way or the other politics finds a way to turn the (often still debatable) data for its own pragmatical or ideological needs.

Each typology had its own image of "Nordic" type. I can't exactly comprehend what was the reason for which Coon derived Nordics from Central European, Halstatt crania. However, even Coon's Nordics also are slightly heterogenous. Have a look at his Danubian Nordic type. What the hell is that??? Looking at various Nordics from the Corded and Halstatt plates you also get a varying degree of chin prominence and forehead sloping.
    Coon saw the Hallstatt crania resembling those of Iron Age Denmark, those of Iron Age Denmark were seen as typical Nordid. Also Von Eickstedt saw those Iron-Age Danes as typical Teuto-Nordid and later Baker in his book 'Race' used the Hallstatt crania as an example that f.i. the Kelts were perhaps once of a rather homogenic Nordid type where as the crania of the later 'true Kelts' of La Tčne were not homegenous and not as Nordid on average.

However it is hard to say how all the people of the Hallstatt culture looked since we don't know if all people or only a part of the population got buried. F.i. I don't know if Coon only used the metrical data of crania of the fürstengraber or if there is other data of crania from the Hallstatt culture not found in those elite graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl
    But it strongly appears to me that European Nordic, as defined by German or Polish schools, was quite different to both Coon's Danubian and Halstatt Nordic. I mean... just think of the terms... Halstatt Nordic??? DANUBIAN Nordic???
    Danubians also strikes me as highly unlikely being Nordid, they are just mediterranoid and not nordoid in appearance and metrically. Anyway most anthropologists just lumped together in one Nordic group what Coon saw as racial Bruenns, Trönders (North-Germanic mesocephal type), Anglo-Saxon typo's (West-Germanic and early Slavic type), Hallstatt Nordids. About Borreby's I guess most would see part of them as rather Alpinid and the other part as brachycephalized Nordics/Faelids.

Personally I more favour Von Eickstedt his Nordid type. Seeing a more robust, , large headed, square jawed type as the Dalo-Nordid and a slender, narrower type as Teuto-Nordid. Von Eickstedt also wisely said that both types, due to the constant mixture inbetween, racially can't be seen as two distinct types.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information