Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Macedonia: the cradle of Slavic civilization

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,448
    Given: 5,650

12 Not allowed!

Default Macedonia: the cradle of Slavic civilization

I don't think much recognition is put on the fact that Macedonia and the town of Ohrid was where Slavic education and enlightenment first flourished. It's from the town of Ohrid where Slavic literature began and then spread throughout the Slavic world.

Being Macedonian, I am extremely proud of this, especially when where I originate from is only an hour or so away from Ohrid: the European Jerusalem. Today's Macedonians are the most original of all Slavs, and I just wanted to express this through this thread.

An article about Saints Cyril and Methodius:

On the occasion of the 1000th anniversary of the Moravian Mission Saints Cyril and Methodius with the approval of a Slavic worship, the Catholic Church in 1880 determined that the world should celebrate the Day of the Slavic educators.One hundred years later in 1980 Pope John Paul II proclaimed Saints Cyril and Methodius as protectors of Europe.Twelve centuries ago, in the second half of the IX century, the brothers Cyril and Methodius of Solun (Greek by the request of Byzantine emperor Michael, and a plea of Moravian Prince Rostislav, received a task as monks-missionaries to go to Moravia (medieval state on the territory of today’s Czech Republic) and to preach the Christian doctrine among pagan Slavs. The Mission was supposed to ensure Byzantine influence in that part of Europe.Saints Cyril and Methodius undertook thorough preparations for the mission. They compiled a Slavic alphabet (Glagolitic) and translated numerous religious books from Greek to Macedonian Slavic language. By doing so they created the first Slavic literary language and became founders of the Slavic literature.After the death of Saints Cyril and Methodius, their students were expelled from Moravia. Some of them, including St. Clement and St. Naum came to the territory of today’s Republic of Macedonia. Thus, the students of the Holy Slavic brothers – St. Clement of Ohrid and St. Naum of Ohrid, began creating a new spiritual center of Slavic culture in the area of Ohrid, Macedonia. The greatest merit of St. Clement is a whole plethora of literacy educators who contributed to this part of the Balkans to reach the highest enlightenment level among all Slavic people of that time.

From Ohrid to other Slavic lands

From Ohrid, Slavic literacy and Slavic spirituality was spread outside of Macedonia. Macedonia has strongly influenced the spread of Slavic literacy and Slavic culture in neighboring South Slavic countries, especially in Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia, and later – after the conversion of the Slavs at the end of X century – even to Russia as far as Kamchatka and Vladivostok.The students of the Holy brothers Cyril and Methodius are respected alike in Orthodox South Slavic nations like Serbia and Montenegro and among South Slavs like Slovenes and Croats.Since the Western Catholic liturgy cannot mention any persons without the consent of Rome, in 1972 the bishops from Slovenia asked for permission from Vatican to introduce a memorial to St. Clement on 27th of July. Three years later the application was accepted. Nowadays there is no Catholic calendar in Slovenia and Croatia that does not mention the Saint from Macedonia – Clement on 27th of July.The Slavic literacy is one of the main things that unites all Slavic people and Macedonia is where it all began.
    http://meettheslavs.com/saints-cyril...avic-literacy/

And unfortunately we are laughed at and disrespected by many people today.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Places where Slavic literature was taught.

Monastery of Saint Naum, Ohrid:

On the beautiful lake Ohrid shore.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Saint Panteleimon:

Last Online
    12-06-2018 @ 02:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 52

3 Not allowed!

Im not proud of it at all, and I have no idea where you got "Today's Macedonians are the most original of all Slavs" cuase modern day Macedonians are nothing but slavicised native Balkan people(ancient Macedonians, greeks, illirians, paeonians, thracians...), which means the least slavs out of all

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexq View Post
    Im not proud of it at all, and I have no idea where you got "Today's Macedonians are the most original of all Slavs" cuase modern day Macedonians are nothing but slavicised native Balkan people(ancient Macedonians, greeks, illirians, paeonians, thracians...), which means the least slavs out of all
    Wrong. Slavic is linguistic and has little to do with genetics. Our direct descendants are the ones who spread Slavic literature throughout eastern Europe. We taught other Slavic speakers how to read and write.

We contributed greatly to the progression of European civilization through education. You should be very proud of that. I certainly am.

Last Online
    12-06-2018 @ 02:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 52

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    Wrong. Slavic is linguistic and has little to do with genetics. Our direct descendants are the ones who spread Slavic literature throughout eastern Europe. We taught other Slavic speakers how to read and write.

We contributed greatly to the progression of European civilization through education. You should be very proud of that. I certainly am.
    Old slavs were same as modern day belarussians=baltid subrace people, while today we have around Europe "slavicised" people, so it has become just linguistic. The slavs already knew how to read and write, if the didn't, they couldn't have ran over half Europe. They had their own mythology where for example koleda which is pagan Slavic god is still celebrated along with Christmas in Macedonia, other Slavic speaking countries and even greece. what Cyril and methodi did was turning the slavs into Christians, where they destroyed their religion. What they did is not different from Christian missionaries by the brittish destroying native culture around the world, or islam destroying native religions and cultures wherever has entered. So there is no civilisation, just new religion aka christianity wanting to dominate, easy to control all people around Europe by being dominated by a single party=Christianity, which resulted in crusaders and other ballcrap.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

Good thread. Please make it sticky.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexq View Post
    Old slavs were same as modern day belarussians=baltid subrace people, while today we have around Europe "slavicised" people, so it has become just linguistic. The slavs already knew how to read and write, if the didn't, they couldn't have ran over half Europe. They had their own mythology where for example koleda which is pagan Slavic god is still celebrated along with Christmas in Macedonia, other Slavic speaking countries and even greece. what Cyril and methodi did was turning the slavs into Christians, where they destroyed their religion. What they did is not different from Christian missionaries by the brittish destroying native culture around the world, or islam destroying native religions and cultures wherever has entered. So there is no civilisation, just new religion aka christianity wanting to dominate, easy to control all people around Europe by being dominated by a single party=Christianity, which resulted in crusaders and other ballcrap.
    So you're not Christian then.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

During Macedonian President Ivanov's recent visit to Russia, Russian Patriarch Kiril stated;

the city of Ohrid, from which the Russian people received their first books in the Slavonic language, was “an intellectual Jerusalem for all Slavs.” “For the Russian Orthodox Church, the Macedonian land is closely linked with the deeds of St Cyril Equal-to-the-Apostles and with our common spiritual and cultural heritage,”

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    I don't think much recognition is put on the fact that Macedonia and the town of Ohrid was where Slavic education and enlightenment first flourished. It's from the town of Ohrid where Slavic literature began and then spread throughout the Slavic world.

Being Macedonian, I am extremely proud of this, especially when where I originate from is only an hour or so away from Ohrid: the European Jerusalem. Today's Macedonians are the most original of all Slavs, and I just wanted to express this through this thread.
    One thing about Ohrid is how much it stands a beacon in Muslim world. As you drive down mountainous road towards Ohrid, it seemed to me, Mosque after Mosque, all proudly displaying Albanian flags. And then around one bend I see a Christian cross, standing proud on Mountain side, and after this bend, it's just monasteries, etc. Like Ohrid has maintained itself under Ottoman presence. Congrats on this.

One thing about being original slavs, last Friday I was drinking with some Russians and we tried talking to each other when one pointed out that all Serbian words that differed were "old Russian" words. For example 'Hvala' (Russians say spasibo) is old, now not used, Russian word for 'give praise.' He pointed out many more but I was simply too drunk to remember them now. I feel Macedonian is probably similar. In way South Slavic languages is like 'Old English' .

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information