1/2 North Italian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scott
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,085
    Given: 1,407

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svipdag View Post
    The space ships need an energy source, first. Thermonuclear power will be needed. There's plenty of hydrogen in interstellar space for fuel.
    Sustained thermonuclear reactions will be achieved by bombarding metallic hydrogen with a dense proton (i.e. hydrogen ion) beam. The speed of light is too slow . We need to find a way to get from Point A to Point B WITHOUT traversing the distance between them. I.e.,
    cease being at Point A and instantaneously be at Point B.

We need to get to work on these two technical problems IMMEDIATELY so as to make our interstellar diaspora feasible in a reasonable (in human terms) length of time . It it takes centuries at v < c to reach our destination, people will get sick of the whole idea long before they get there or may even forget where they were going. Alas that I can't help you with this, but I'm no mathematician.

Anyhow, GOOD LUCK !
    Simple: we plug the brain of the various generations of travellers to some MMORPG so they won't complain if the trip seems too long. Maybe it's a good idea if most people don't even know they're on a spaceship... Hey, we might already be on a spaceship!!!

Last Online
    02-04-2018 @ 06:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Romance (Italian side); Celtic
    Ethnicity
    1/2 North Italian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scott
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,085
    Given: 1,407

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    You'll need to contribute to the overall spaceship construction, flying, or living in space.

Do you have $10,000,000,000,000? If not then we will need to get that money somehow. I'm thinking of raising an army, getting some nukes, and holding a few major banks hostage, can you participate in this?
    Nonesense, we just need to take control of Scientology and our money problems are over.

Individualist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-13-2019 @ 02:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian & Yankee
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway Paternal: Massachusetts
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Connecticut
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Marcus Tullius Cicero and Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,884
    Given: 1,005

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scandalf View Post
    Simple: we plug the brain of the various generations of travellers to some MMORPG so they won't complain if the trip seems too long. Maybe it's a good idea if most people don't even know they're on a spaceship... Hey, we might already be on a spaceship!!!
    SHHHHHHHHHH, we're not supposed to know !
    "This is not my time; this is not my world; these are not my people." - Martin H. Francis

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scandalf View Post
    Nonesense, we just need to take control of Scientology and our money problems are over.
    This is an excellent point.

It will be much easier if I can gather a small, solidified group together, for the sole purpose of funding my spaceship project. I'm not opposed to "peacefully" raising this money, or just taking/stealing it. But the bottom-line is that this needs to happen, the sooner the better. In addition to getting that Scientology money, another means to get the money is to raise a small army and loot some banks with it.

Remember folks: The ends justify the means.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

TA Engineers:

We need to design some space propulsion systems, to travel around in space for extended periods of time. Jet turbine propulsion is bad; because there is no air in space. We're going to need to learn how to travel faster than lightspeed throughout our solar system, and also to eventually leave the solar system altogether.

Also we need to work on life support systems. How can we make the most of limited oxygen, air, food, and water? We need to find ways to minimize use, or to simply live indefinitely in space. We should setup space station "waypoints" throughout our solar system. These waypoints can become used as resupplying locations.

To other TA residents:

Quit wasting your short, meaningless lives, and help contribute to this project. Actually do something in your life.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bump

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock, time passes by all of us. Yet what have you folks done in the past month? Sure you're living your lives and that has personal importance. But think about the big picture for a moment. Have you contributed to this massive project? Have you put your stone into the Pyramids? Have you laid your brick upon the Great Wall of China? Have you welded your iron rods for this Monumentous project of ours? Think beyond yourself and your life. Think about the future.

If you could live 500 years from now, as the human population most certainly will, then what would you want then to look like? What would be your contribution to that future, today? What could you do today, right now?

This project is worth beginning. There are projects similar to this one "Mars One". That is also noble. But this project should be different. We should built a gigantic spacecraft, that can support tens of thousands of human lives living on board, that can endure and travel in space. That is purposeful. How many people live their lives aimlessly, meaninglessly, purposelessly? Too many.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information