Quote Originally Posted by Saludong View Post
How insulting. We don't need to "grow a brain", furthermore, your own kind said that they feared our sailors.

By 1612, this state [Visayas] had grown so powerful militarily and economically, their naval power regularly threatened Chinese Imperial shipping. So much so, that the Chuan-chou gazeeter specifically reported that the Pisheya (Bisaya) [Another term for people from Iloilo] consistently made devastating raids against the Empire's commerce.

Source: Chuan-chou Fu-chi (Ch.10) Year 1512

Before you extol the virtues of your own sailors. Let me remind you that we were at the sea first.

And that Malayo-Polynesians had been at the Easter islands and Madagascar while only travelling in rafts. It takes intelligence, bravery skill and true courage to do that.

So before you accuse us of lacking a brain go grow a real heart.

I would have gone easier on you if you haven't been so biased and hateful.

I'm also part Chinese in my mother's side by the way and I'm glad that most Chinese people do not have your hateful mentality.
Polynesians sailed across the Pacific first, from Taiwan. I am not trying to insult filipinos, but you have to admit that if you have your people occupying 40% of the world sailors, there should be equivalently important records and documents left by filipinos. Sad thing is that elite people of Philippines do not really care about their own people. The disaster of Dońa Paz is the greatest ship disaster after WW2, but details about the disaster is scarce. When you are claiming this huge contribution, you should also consider intellectual legacy of this contribution or everything is just labor work nothing to be boasted about.

This is my good-willed advises. You can collect their stories and publish, let more people know about them.