Thread: Bilder aus Deutschland

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Bei unserem Besuch in Zwingenberg (rund 7.200 Einwohner - Hessen) schauen wir uns u.a. die Altstadt mit dem Marktplatz, die Bergkirche und die Fachwerkhäuser in der Scheuergasse an. Einzelheiten: siehe Untertitel und/oder Transkript

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Michael begins this journey in Berlin, the capital of Germany, which at the beginning of the 20th century was a powerhouse of science and technology. Led by his 1913 railway guide, he then heads west via the picturesque Harz Mountains to the industrial Ruhr Valley to learn how imperial Germany was war ready. He then travels south along the tourist trail of the castle-studded Rhein river and ends his journey in the Rheingau to taste the wines of its age-old vineyards.

Steered by his 1913 railway guide, Michael Portillo explores Germany, the powerhouse of today's European Union and learns how tourists in the early 20th century would have been visiting quite a new country, which they admired and envied but also feared. Beginning in Dresden, Michael explores the city of one of his favourite opera composers, Richard Wagner. He learns about the health craze of the time and attempts the equivalent of a 1913 Jane Fonda workout. He travels to Leipzig on a historic railway line built by British engineers in 1839. In Brunswick, he learns how the arrival of the railway added its own flavour to the local beer before moving on to Hamburg, where he discovers model railway making on the grandest of scales. In Kiel, Michael learns about the intense rivalry between Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany and his uncle, Britain's King Edward VII, at the Kiel Week yacht races. Michael boards an early 20th-century yacht to experience the thrill for himself and learns how British yachtsmen spied on the German navy.
    Last edited by The Lawspeaker; 12-28-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Hello, and welcome back to another video on my channel. For this week's train trip report, I am travelling on the controversial new DB Intercity 2 (Bombardier TWINDEXX) train from Dresden to Halle(Saale). The journey starts at Dresden-Neustadt, the second station of this city, and one with an impressive roof. Afterwards, due to a diversion for engineering works, we head to Elsterwerda, before reversing and heading to Riesa. Shortly the train arrives into Leipzig Hbf, where a lot of old DB locos and stock can be found in a yard. After a 30+ minute wait at this grand station, we head towards Halle(Saale) via the airport, the German city where the Ammendorf rolling stock factory is located, notable for creating 30,000+ coaches for 1520mm gauge railways during the Soviet days. This train is a common subject of discussion for German long-distance rail passengers, thanks to its close similarities with Germany's regional trains, and lack of a restaurant/bistro. However, despite these qualms, I found it to be an overall pleasant experience, including the quite comfy seats.

--- Journey Details:
    Origin: Dresden-Neustadt
    Destination: Halle(Saale)Hbf
    Company: DB Fernverkehr
    Train: DB 146.5 + Dosto 2010 'Intercity 2'
    Accommodation: Second Class Seat (2nd)
    Distance: 115 miles / 185 kilometres
    Price: €37.50 / £33.65 Time: 2h31m

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Neuschwanstein Castle is said to have inspired Walt Disney. This is the untold story of the Bavarian castle, which attracts 1.5 million visitors a year, and is also known as the 'castle of the fairy tale king.' Just over 150 years ago, in 1869, construction of Neuschwanstein Castle began in Bavaria, Germany. This documentary gives a behind-the-scenes view of the famous building, which is said to have inspired the Disney castle. Neuschwanstein was commissioned by Ludwig II of Bavaria, a man known also as the Swan King or the Fairy Tale King, but also as Mad King Ludwig. Ludwig II did not enjoy reigning. He dreamt of a life surrounded by nature, was an ardent fan of Wagner, and loved mythical imagery. Neuschwanstein Castle was his dream realized in stone. But it was also a withdrawal from his duties as head of state. And the more Ludwig II hid away in his dream castle, the more he angered his ministers. They saw his artistic and architectural projects as overly extravagant. Eventually, this ‘overindulgence’ was used as grounds to declare him insane. He was interned in 1886. Just days later, he drowned in Lake Starnberg under mysterious circumstances, together with the psychiatrist who had certified him insane. Six weeks after the death of Ludwig II of Bavaria, the castle was opened to visitors. The decision was also an effort to convince the public that the king had been 'mad,' and many came to see the castle. Then came the World Wars and Neuschwanstein was briefly forgotten by the public. During the Third Reich, Nazis misused it to store looted art. But the castle survived the wars unscathed. After the end of World War II, U.S. troops reached the castle. Before long, it had become a favorite among GIs stationed in Germany, and Neuschwanstein was once again a much-loved tourist attraction. Today, it’s a tourist phenomenon. This documentary offers a behind-the-scenes view of Neuschwanstein, a place that continues to cast its spell on those who visit, as the legend of King Ludwig II of Bavaria lives on.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

U-Bahn Hamburg | Hochbahn | Metro | HVV The metro system in Hamburg, Germany

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

As a spiritual sequel to my earlier History of the TGV video, we now cast our eye over its German neighbour, the InterCity Express or ICE Train, a high speed passenger operation that, despite a rough start, has now established itself as one of the most sophisticated forms of travel in Europe. Special thanks to Willy Kaemena for allowing me permission to use his fantastic footage from the ICE train's demonstration runs in the United States during the summer of 1993, and I thoroughly recommend you watch his original video which can be found at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEYCB...

Today we're heading from Munich, the capital of the South German state of Bavaria upto Germany's capital city, Berlin. We'll be riding aboard the latest ICE 4 (Intercity Express) trainset which has a top speed of 250km/h or 155mph. Not the fastest, but certainly no slouch either... Enjoy the ride! Date of Filming - 6/8/20 Camera: GoPro Hero 7 Black Operator: Deutsche Bahn Departure: Munich / München HBF Arrival: Berlin Hbf, Germany Cost: €40.40 (with BahnCard discount of 25%)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

By popular demand, today I'll be casting my eye over the long and varied history of Berlin Tempelhof Airport, once the gateway to the German capital and a symbol of freedom against a backdrop of war and division. All video content and images in this production have been provided with permission wherever possible. While I endeavour to ensure that all accreditations properly name the original creator, some of my sources do not list them as they are usually provided by other, unrelated YouTubers. Therefore, if I have mistakenly put the accreditation of 'Unknown', and you are aware of the original creator, please send me a personal message at my Gmail (this is more effective than comments as I am often unable to read all of them): rorymacveigh@gmail.com The views and opinions expressed in this video are my personal appraisal and are not the views and opinions of any of these individuals or bodies who have kindly supplied me with footage and images. If you enjoyed this video, why not leave a like, and consider subscribing for more great content coming soon. Thanks again, everyone, and enjoy!

References:
    - Tempelhof Projekt GmbH (and their respective sources)
    - Wikipedia (and its respective references)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is a reupload of my original Maybach 57 and 62 video from June 2020, which has now been reworked to shorten the length, and also tidy up some errors I'd previously made regarding the wheelbase length. In today's video, we venture into the realm of luxury cars, specifically the two revivals of the long-dormant Maybach brand that appeared in the early 2000's, the 57 and the 62. However, while these cars were the very pinnacle of affluent motoring, there were a few too many practical problems with these machines that soon rendered the Maybach marque extinct once again. This video has not been monetised. Footage is comprised mainly from the "Maybach Story" mini-documentary produced by Daimler-Benz to coincide with the launch of the car, and is licensed by King Rose Archives - the video can be found at the following address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LXf... All footage is therefore the property of King Rose Archives and the Daimler-Benz company, and use of said footage has been made for the purposes of education under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, in which allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. The use of said footage is not being made in any commercial capacity, but is displayed for the purposes of education and example in the context of the documentary. To comply with the above, this video has not been enabled for monetization and thus no earnings are being made off the use of the footage contained within the documentary. Proof of this complicity can be made if required. All video content and images in this production have been provided with permission wherever possible. While I endeavour to ensure that all accreditations properly name the original creator, some of my sources do not list them as they are usually provided by other, unrelated YouTubers. Therefore, if I have mistakenly put the accreditation of 'Unknown', and you are aware of the original creator, please send me a personal message at my Gmail (this is more effective than comments as I am often unable to read all of them): rorymacveigh@gmail.com The views and opinions expressed in this video are my personal appraisal and are not the views and opinions of any of these individuals or bodies who have kindly supplied me with footage and images. If you enjoyed this video, why not leave a like, and consider subscribing for more great content coming soon. Thanks again, everyone, and enjoy!
    References:
    - Daimler Benz - Auto Trader (and their respective sources)
    - Wikipedia (and its respective references)

Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread Information