Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 477
    Given: 288

1 Not allowed!

Default Romanians are wealthier than Hungarians and all neighboring nations

BR Exclusive. How rich is Romania? For the first time in history, Romanians are wealthier than Hungarians and all neighboring nations, Credit Suisse says

Romanians are now, for the first time in history, wealthier than any neighboring nations, including Hungarians, according to a fresh Credit Suisse report consulted by Business Review.

In 2018, the wealth per adult in Romania is estimated at USD 42,282, compared with USD 41,118 in Hungary, USD 30,224 in Bulgaria, USD 19,582 in Serbia, USD 5,204 in Ukraine and USD 3,837 in Moldova, Credit Suisse’s “Global Wealth 2018” report indicates.

However, Romanians remain much poorer than Western European nations like Britons (USD 314,842 per adult), French (USD 281,339), or Germans (USD 250,856).

Romania has had a very fast growth over the last two decades, but started out from a very low base.

In 2000, Romania had a wealth per adult of only USD 3,300, much lower than that of Hungary (USD 11,882) or even Georgia (USD 4,494), as widespread poverty and corruption were the norm.

But this year, Romanians are considered almost two times wealthier than Argentinians or Russians and three times wealthier than Brazilians, according to Credit Suisse.

However, Romanian nationals are still less wealthy than the Polish (USD 53,511 per adult) or the Czechs (USD 62,340).
    http://business-review.eu/money/br-e...se-says-188171

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,709
    Given: 8,357

1 Not allowed!

This is about GDP, but I bet average and minimum wages are still smaller than in Hungary and infrastructure less developed. Stop trying to pretend Romania is not the poorest and most corrupt country in the EU! You are trying to impress people on this website, but the smart ones will just laugh at your pretentions.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z280
    mtDNA
    H5b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,638
    Given: 2,442

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheForeigner View Post
    This is about GDP, but I bet average and minimum wages are still smaller than in Hungary and infrastructure less developed. Stop trying to pretend Romania is not the poorest and most corrupt country in the EU! You are trying to impress people on this website, but the smart ones will just laugh at your pretentions.
    It's not about GDP or GDP per capita either. In the article It's talking about Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) per capita. We are lower in terms of GDP per capita, yes.
    Last edited by Carpatz; 10-21-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,709
    Given: 8,357

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Pill View Post
    In the article It's talking about Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) per capita. It's not about GDP or GDP per capita either. We are lower in terms of GDP per capita, yes.
    I don't know how they calculate PPP, but I doubt Romanians are so well off as the article makes it seem.

Last Online
    09-29-2021 @ 03:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ți se pare că am vorbit despre altceva? Tu ai văzut măcar opiniile mele pe subiectul economiei românești? ASta ca să nu vorbim că în al 2lea rând inteligența și cu site-ul ăsta sunt în mare parte opuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Pill View Post
    In the article It's talking about Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) per capita. It's not about GDP or GDP per capita either. We are lower in terms of GDP per capita, yes.

Nu înțelege diferența, nu înțeleg de ce-i explici

I don't know how they calculate PPP, but I doubt Romanians are so well off as the article makes it seem.

Sunt greșeli în calcule din câte am auzit, au refăcut după. Dar oricum tendințele sunt la fel, românii s-au dezvoltat mult mai puternic în ultimii ani față de unguri și bulgari. Cât despre salariul mediu și minim, sunt mai mari decât în Bulgaria, la fel ca și corupția care e mai mică.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,729
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

I doubt it. In Eurostat houshold income Romania scores almost double less than Hungary:
    http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/...c_di04&lang=en

Last Online
    09-29-2021 @ 03:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    I doubt it. In Eurostat houshold income Romania scores almost double less than Hungary:
    We were always near at PPP, houshold income is another thing

https://i.redd.it/9758s2b7zny01.png

I mean of course is complicated to compare the wealth and quality of life between countries, you can't compare the quality of life between two countries just with one calculation. But at the same time, these numbers say something.
    Last edited by EuropeanVlachSon; 10-21-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-10-2024 @ 11:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

2 Not allowed!

Those numbers are one of the most misleading to use when you're talking about living standards of the average person. This is because it measures just the household income not taking prices in that country into consideration and it also does not take into consideration what a average "household" looks like in that country. Some countries, a household can be an average of two adults and two children, in others that can mean 5 adults and 10 children etc. The best statistic to actually measure how well of a average person is within a country if that person only lives in that country is GDP per capita (PPP). Basically it standardizes income to goods and services one can purchase and makes a statistic out of that. The last measure in December 2017 puts Romania at 23313 USD and Hungary at 26778 USD. The gap is not huge or as big as you want to make it out, but Romania has a much greater wealth inequality so the wealthiest parts of Romania are richer than Hungary by quite a gap and the poorest parts are also poorer by quite a gap.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    philhellene
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,464
    Given: 31,655

0 Not allowed!

one way or another it is clear Romania is not third world as most Europeans consider it - people in France or UK really believe Romania means people living in huts with no electricity, walking barefoot on the streets and families having ten children. Romania all in all is comparable to Slovakia or Hungary I think, with the mention that the wealth gap is bigger in Romania between the poor and the wealthy, so you have poorer places than in HU/SK but also wealthier places (the suburbs of all Romanian big cities look comparable to Western Europe suburbs, nice houses, nice roads, high average income, kids grow in a very Westernized medium, but then some remote villages (quite many of them) are almost Medieval)

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,729
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    Those numbers are one of the most misleading to use when you're talking about living standards of the average person. This is because it measures just the household income not taking prices in that country into consideration and it also does not take into consideration what a average "household" looks like in that country. Some countries, a household can be an average of two adults and two children, in others that can mean 5 adults and 10 children etc. The best statistic to actually measure how well of a average person is within a country if that person only lives in that country is GDP per capita (PPP). Basically it standardizes income to goods and services one can purchase and makes a statistic out of that. The last measure in December 2017 puts Romania at 23313 USD and Hungary at 26778 USD. The gap is not huge or as big as you want to make it out, but Romania has a much greater wealth inequality so the wealthiest parts of Romania are richer than Hungary by quite a gap and the poorest parts are also poorer by quite a gap.
    Which part when I told you to fuck off and never quote with me again you didn't understand ?

''The Gap is not so huge as you make it to be'' LMAO. Stop putting words in my mouth and playing a psychologist, I couldn't care less about income gap between Romania and Hungary.
    Romania looks poorer than Hungary, but that is mostly due to infrastructure while people look well off. Yet they do so in most of Balkans where clothes and nice cars mean much, so I can't conclude anything from that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information