View Poll Results: Do you support Russia or Ukraine?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia

74 47.44%
  • Ukraine

82 52.56%
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: Do you support Russia or Ukraine?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 07:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1
    Politics
    Turkophile
    Hero
    Svyatoslav
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 199

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aśvārohī View Post
    we in the Carpathians (Ukrainian-inhabited region in northern Romania) still call ourselves руснаки and the language руський.

I think all East Slavs belong together - Ruthenians, Hohols, Bilorussians, Russians.

"Ukrainian" language is actually more archaic than Russian and is the most direct and closest descendant of early Medieval (Eastern) Slavic - Muscovites in a way appropriated the "Russky" identity since it was one of prestige from Malorussians, if you want. anyway, Western Ukrainians are not Poles, I still think they belong with Eastern Slavs. though it is true we go along nicely with Czechoslovaks and Poles as well.

as for the territory, I would allow local people decide through voting - if people in Crimea and Donetsk/Lugansk want to unite with Russia, why not let them do so. especially Crimea, that was never Ukrainian. also, I don't understand why doesn't Moldova recognize Transnistria (Pridnestrovie), they have absolutely nothing to gain from not recognizing it - they could as well become de jure part of Russia, they're anyway de facto.

so all in all I think people are a bit too nationalistic (all the sides involved in Eastern conflicts) and should become more practical and business oriented. these conflicts ruin business. wellbeing/democracy/free speech/free market is more important than language/nation and historical arrogance/ignorance bla bla.
    Is the Russian identity assigned? Russian identity began in northern Russia in Novgorod and Ladoga, and then spread to Kiev.

The word Rus (Ruotsi) is Finno-Ugric. This word Finno Ugric called 2 countries-Russia and Sweden. Moscow, or rather the territory of the Moskva River, was settled by Slavic tribes of the Vyatichi. Vyatichi (the ancestors of the Russians) and Drevlyans (the ancestors of the Ukrainians) simultaneously began to call themselves Russian people, around the 10th century. Nevertheless, the Krivichi (the ancestors of the Russians) and the Slovenes from Novgorod (the ancestors of the Russians) and the Chuds (the Finno-Ugrians, also the ancestors of the Russians) were the first to call themselves Russians in the 8th-9th centuries. This is recorded in the ancient chronicles, which Ukrainian false historians are trying to distort all the time.

The rest of you are right. But you idealize everything too much. The struggle for territory and resources has been and always will be. Every nation is locked in its own states and the interests of its state almost always coincide with the interests of the people. In any case, in foreign policy.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,422
    Given: 1,638