Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How much Turkish blood in Bosnia?

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I wonder who has the most Turkish blood: Bosniaks or Bulgarians?
    Doubtless Bulgarians. They have significant Turkic communities too.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    05-10-2015 @ 09:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Trojan-Dardanian-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Kosovo
    Religion
    Sun Worship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 938
    Given: 1,558

1 Not allowed!

They already have enough enemies.

Longbowman, so young and you are one clever boy good to see that West has good youth.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,268
    Given: 13,627

6 Not allowed!

I am from B&H. Before 23andme population reference update I scored 0.1% East Asian (after population reference update I score 100% European on speculative) on speculative mode. Nothing unusal, many Europeans score a tinsy bit of something else, but interestingly enough McDonald also detected a tinsy bit of East Asian on his painting, two tiny tiny yellow dots also aproximating something in 0.1% in size. After I read Oneeye asking McDonald about his also tinsy bit of Amerindian whether is it pre-colonial or post-colonial I decided to ask Dr. Mcdonald about my situation out of curiosity to see how old is this East Asian. After several days he replied: "Later then Romans, but before 1200". I didn't ask anything in return, but I am guessing it comes indirectly due to various eastern intrusions from the far east during Middle Ages. Since this East Asian doesn't come from Turks and since Turkish Mcdonald chromosome looks partially yellow I can safely say there is nothing in me.

Bosniaks, Serbs, Greeks and other Balkanites also show none to close to zero Far Asian input which can be either more ancestreal or more recent as explained already. Therefore I think we can say that Turkish genetic impact on Balkans is non-existent. Of course it doesn't mean that someone somewhere didn't marry a foreigner, it doesn't have to even be a Turk since everything is possible and nothing can be said for certain for Balkans, but also for any other country. Examples are non-European immigrants in Europe. Obviously there is now some German married with a Turk, a Dutch married with Southeast Asian, someone somewhere on Balkans married with Gypsy and so on, countless more examples who are all subjected to assimilation as time passes and who knows how many individuals like in aforementioned examples assimilated throughout history in various countries. I read a story of a "French" woman who during her life found out she is one quarter African. So from that point of view Balkans is not exception and also shouldn't be solely judged. I hate intruders, they are the most disgusting thing.

After all Balkanites are one tough sons of bitches

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Solin View Post
    I am from B&H. Before 23andme population reference update I scored 0.1% East Asian (after population reference update I score 100% European on speculative) on speculative mode. Nothing unusal, many Europeans score a tinsy bit of something else, but interestingly enough McDonald also detected a tinsy bit of East Asian on his painting, two tiny tiny yellow dots also aproximating something in 0.1% in size. After I read Oneeye asking McDonald about his also tinsy bit of Amerindian whether is it pre-colonial or post-colonial I decided to ask Dr. Mcdonald about my situation out of curiosity to see how old is this East Asian. After several days he replied: "Later then Romans, but before 1200". I didn't ask anything in return, but I am guessing it comes indirectly due to various eastern intrusions from the far east during Middle Ages. Since this East Asian doesn't come from Turks and since Turkish Mcdonald chromosome looks partially yellow I can safely say there is nothing in me.

Bosniaks, Serbs, Greeks and other Balkanites also show none to close to zero Far Asian input which can be either more ancestreal or more recent as explained already. Therefore I think we can say that Turkish genetic impact on Balkans is non-existent. Of course it doesn't mean that someone somewhere didn't marry a foreigner, it doesn't have to even be a Turk since everything is possible and nothing can be said for certain for Balkans, but also for any other country. Examples are non-European immigrants in Europe. Obviously there is now some German married with a Turk, a Dutch married with Southeast Asian, someone somewhere on Balkans married with Gypsy and so on, countless more examples who are all subjected to assimilation as time passes and who knows how many individuals like in aforementioned examples assimilated throughout history in various countries. I read a story of a "French" woman who during her life found out she is one quarter African. So from that point of view Balkans is not exception and also shouldn't be solely judged. I hate intruders, they are the most disgusting thing.

After all Balkanites are one tough sons of bitches
    Interesting

McDonald found Amerindian and East Asian in me when I'm only 1/8 Eastern European, and that part of me is Ashkenazi (1/4 when you include Poles, but they don't tend to have East Asian) so it can crop up anywhere.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ironic
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Country
    Georgia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    wasted to care
    Taxonomy
    MUH TEBID
    Politics
    are the problem
    Hero
    danishmend
    Religion
    is a private matter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,250
    Given: 19,152

1 Not allowed!

Enough to drown every Croat and Serb in the Balkans. jk don't b mad babe

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,084
    Given: 223

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Funny

But surely there must be a legacy. I mean, the Turkish soldiers loved the blonde Bosniak maidens.
    They can love them but cant have them
    Bosniaks converted shortly after Ottoman conquests, with 40 000 converting under Jajce in 1463.
    Which protected them from the right of the first night.
    Then Bosniaks became a military caste, and they were the ones put in charge of defending their land and Ottoman border, thus very little Turks lived in Bosnia aside from merchants and some aristocrats.
    Which in turn couldnt advance on Bosniak women since their parents forbid them to marry Turkusha's.
    Thus they had to turn to the ones they carried over into Bosnia - the Serbs. I am guessing that 20-30% of Serbs are of Turkish descent, with almost all of them having a little bit of a Turk in him
    Hi everyone!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulj View Post
    They can love them but cant have them
    Bosniaks converted shortly after Ottoman conquests, with 40 000 converting under Jajce in 1463.
    Which protected them from the right of the first night.
    Then Bosniaks became a military caste, and they were the ones put in charge of defending their land and Ottoman border, thus very little Turks lived in Bosnia aside from merchants and some aristocrats.
    Which in turn couldnt advance on Bosniak women since their parents forbid them to marry Turkusha's.
    Thus they had to turn to the ones they carried over into Bosnia - the Serbs. I am guessing that 20-30% of Serbs are of Turkish descent, with almost all of them having a little bit of a Turk in him
    Bosniaks like your relatives were city dwellers and mixed with every goddamn thing and polluted your blood.

Typcial Serb:

Typical Bosniak (look at his mixed blood):

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

0.6%! Bosnians are not Europeans.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    0.6%! Bosnians are not Europeans.
    To person of pure blood like myself and other Serbs this 0.6% is a lot. To maybe people from mixed countries, maybe 0.6% is small, it's all about perspective.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Dusan View Post
    To person of pure blood like myself and other Serbs this 0.6% is a lot. To maybe people from mixed countries, maybe 0.6% is small, it's all about perspective.
    This comparison between you and one Bosniak 23andme user proves it.

What's the breakdown of your ancestry?

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information