Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 911

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    genetically they are mostly westasian and a bit east asian (but very few) + some european maybe, but westasian is predominant. also their culture is mostly mideastern, now a bit westernised since ataturk but was totally mideastern in the ottoman empire, they used even arabic letters etc. and their dress and all that.

they also mostly look mideastern at least the ones in austria with exceptions

they claim to be euroasians, but euroasians are people like uzbekhs to me etc. just because of their language?

thanks for answer
    You cannot generalise Turkish people in terms of race and phenotype as I cannot generalise Latin Americans. Both ethnic groups are very diverse and have various ancestral origin.

As for being culturally MENA, hell no.

Xosé Guzmán

1 Not allowed!

Turks are Turks. I don't consider them European or really Middle Eastern (tends to be synonymous with Arab world), but like more just transitional ig

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 10:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    insan
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,748
    Given: 9,033

4 Not allowed!

Illiterate people equate Middle Eastern with some nonsense, due to many complexes some Turks get offended by this term. There are many definitions of "Middle East", and nearly all of them include Turkey and Turks as a part of it, known in historic context as "Near East". Its a geographic, cultural and historical term, often used for Ottoman Empire, even the Balkan was described as Near East in the past. If Caucasus and Iran, yes even Central Asia(historically) is a part of Middle East, then it wouldn't make any sense to deny that Turkey is. The argument "Turks aren't that religious/we don't take Islam seriously" is pointless, just shows unsolved complexes. Armenians; Assyrians, Georgians or Zoroastrians aren't Muslim, but still part of this area. Or another thing "We have millions from Balkan", lets forget their culture is based on Ottomans, in the future Turks will be too mixed to differ between Anatolian and Balkan groups. Northern Caucasians are heavily steppe influenced too, still they are Middle eastern. If you are a Turk and feel offended by being called Middle Eastern, you can be sure that the identity crisis which is already existing since the last years of the Ottoman Empire left a pathetic obsession.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Illiterate people equate Middle Eastern with some nonsense, due to many complexes some Turks get offended by this term. There are many definitions of "Middle East", and nearly all of them include Turkey and Turks as a part of it, known in historic context as "Near East". Its a geographic, cultural and historical term, often used for Ottoman Empire, even the Balkan was described as Near East in the past. If Caucasus and Iran, yes even Central Asia(historically) is a part of Middle East, then it wouldn't make any sense to deny that Turkey is. The argument "Turks aren't that religious/we don't take Islam seriously" is pointless, just shows unsolved complexes. Armenians; Assyrians, Georgians or Zoroastrians aren't Muslim, but still part of this area. Or another thing "We have millions from Balkan", lets forget their culture is based on Ottomans, in the future Turks will be too mixed to differ between Anatolian and Balkan groups. Northern Caucasians are heavily steppe influenced too, still they are Middle eastern. If you are a Turk and feel offended by being called Middle Eastern, you can be sure that the identity crisis which is already existing since the last years of the Ottoman Empire left a pathetic obsession.
    dont drag Northern Caucasians into this discussion as they are irrelevant here. I dont get your point trying to show them this way or follow some unsubstantiated european tracks. If you want to mention some peoples to be ME it should be southerners or Transcaucasians as they are much more exposed to ME and geographically close. We can only be called steppe peoples with very minor ME effect, our location in Pontic-Caspean steppes and DNA results prove it

Last Online
    Today @ 04:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dağlı (Mountaineer)
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R1a-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    R0a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,337
    Given: 3,930

0 Not allowed!

Because we are Central Asians.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    turkic
    Ethnicity
    turkish + 1/4 georgian
    Ancestry
    caucasus, anatolia, balkan
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    pontid turanid
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,500
    Given: 2,436

0 Not allowed!

I’m not against Middle East, I’m against this fucking nonsense map. What makes Turkey is Middle Eastern but Caucasus is not? Even they’re less European than Turkey and Turkish people. (I’m mostly Turk from Caucasus and I’m genetically less European than most Turkish people) I prefer to use West Asian term and both Anatolia and Caucasus is part of West Asia.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 10:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    insan
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,748
    Given: 9,033

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post

I’m not against Middle East, I’m against this fucking nonsense map. What makes Turkey is Middle Eastern but Caucasus is not? Even they’re less European than Turkey and Turkish people. (I’m mostly Turk from Caucasus and I’m genetically less European than most Turkish people) I prefer to use West Asian term and both Anatolia and Caucasus is part of West Asia.
    Caucasus is Middle East, who says it isn't? The only difference is it isn't in terms of politics considered as Middle East, the Soviet Union makes the difference.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,284
    Given: 9,865

1 Not allowed!

Egypt is also middle eastern in my opinion.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Caucasus is Middle East, who says it isn't? The only difference is it isn't in terms of politics considered as Middle East, the Soviet Union makes the difference.
    typical Turkish behaviour lol 'We are called ME so they should be called too' ahaha if you had enough IQ you would understand how I tried to support you all the time you honourless bums while you always prefer to lick the boots of some european trolls and ask for their approval. Its Northern Caucasus not middle east dumb and dumber, and west Asia is a big hoax for our region trying to unite us with todays islamic shit. Check our DNA results which are very different than Turkish or ME ones and its not only geography but also history! We are from the land of the Cuman/Kipchak and belong to southern Russian steppes, dont try to get us into the Turkish discussions and deal with the reality

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buusra View Post
    dont drag Northern Caucasians into this discussion as they are irrelevant here. I dont get your point trying to show them this way or follow some unsubstantiated european tracks. If you want to mention some peoples to be ME it should be southerners or Transcaucasians as they are much more exposed to ME and geographically close. We can only be called steppe peoples with very minor ME effect, our location in Pontic-Caspean steppes and DNA results prove it
    You are mostly west Asians and DNA prove it. Funny how Avars like you want to be "steppe" while they are traditionally mountain folk who came to the lowlands relatively recently.
    And yes, Caucasians are more related to middle easterners than to any other groups even if they are very unique overall.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread Information