Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwegian music

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,562
    Given: 27,897

1 Not allowed!

❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I love the full clip. Legendary!

It's from this briliiant documentary that I watched many years ago.

Some nervous metal music journalists met with Gaahl (a.k.a 'the most feared man in Norway,') to visit his home, and they asked him and other Norwegian black metallers a lot of questions about the church burnings in Norway, England, and Poland during the 90's.

Gaahl explains he grew-up in the mountains and went to a remote and quiet school with just one other boy. He took them on a long walk through a forest up the mountains (and the journalists were out-of-breath and struggled to keep up with him,) to visit an old place where his grandparents lived. Gaahl said people must be leaders of themselves and not followers. He showed the reporters some of his paintings... and talks about the problems of judeo-christianity in society.

Gaahl talked about his court trial after a man bothered him once in a forest... so he tortured him and cut him up and forced him to drink his own blood, whilst singing him 'pretty Norwegian lullabies' to teach him a lesson so he wouldn't bother him again. The man was truly sorry after that.

Even Norwegian diplomats are now trained on giving lectures on the large range of Black Metal music in Norway as it's a massive industry for Norway.

Whenever tourists arrive all dressed in black clothing, the airport staff automatically know their reason for visiting.

Black metal fans are even shown to be learning Norwegian so they can understand the lyrics.
    "The most feared man in Norway" is also an openly gay fashion designer. I just can't get over that.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The first and only song I ever heard from Satyricon was Mother North. My friends in high school were absolutely obsessed with black metal and I remember when one of them showed me this video.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    "The most feared man in Norway" is also an openly gay fashion designer. I just can't get over that.
    Yeah, it's just mainstream media propaganda and fearmongering against anyone who raises awareness of the truth about our messed-up societies.

Instead the mainstream media should point-out how alarmed and afraid people should be of their governments and Islamisation. Gaahl is not some brainwashed and warped ISIS suicide bomber. It's not Gaahl or Varg Vikernes who I personally fear in society. The behaviour of the mainstream media is far more disturbing to me.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-26-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The first and only song I ever heard from Satyricon was Mother North. My friends in high school were absolutely obsessed with black metal and I remember when one of them showed me this video.

The first song I remember listening to by Satyricon was Now, Diabolical. (I also loved the album of the same name that they released.)

This atmospheric bm track is a must-hear. Delirium is my favourite track on their Now, Diabolical album. I haven't listened to this album in many years now... so listening to it again evokes a lot of memories.

I also love To The Mountains (from their Now, Diabolical album.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-26-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typo.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yeah, it's just mainstream media propaganda and fearmongering against anyone who raises awareness of the truth about our messed-up societies.

Instead the mainstream media should point-out how alarmed and afraid people should be of their governments and Islamisation. Gaahl is not some brainwashed and warped ISIS suicide bomber.
    I don't think I've ever watched the full interview so I will make sure to do that. My city is considered a heavy metal city, and black metal is extremely popular here. Most of my friends were black metal and death metal fans, while I was obsessed with classic rock lol. I'm sure you've noticed me spamming some classic rock songs in many of the threads here. I did like this particular Gorgoroth song. I did like a few black metal songs that my friends showed me.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I don't think I've ever watched the full interview so I will make sure to do that. My city is considered a heavy metal city, and black metal is extremely popular here. Most of my friends were black metal and death metal fans, while I was obsessed with classic rock lol. I'm sure you've noticed me spamming some classic rock songs in many of the threads here. I did like this particular Gorgoroth song. I did like a few black metal songs that my friends showed me.

I watched that documentary 'True Norwegian Black Metal' well over 10 years ago... I've watched it numerous times over the years, and thoroughly recommend watching it. You can see where his grandparents lived at the top of a mountain, and Gaahl takes the interviewers on a long trip up a mountain and around forests.

He said he likes to create fear so people keep a distance from him and learn to guide themselves rather than to be a follower in life.

You also get to see inside Gaahl's remote home, and he even shows a few of his paintings and artwork that he made to the interviewers, although he was reluctant to show much of his artwork to them.

Other Norwegian black metal musicians are interviewed in the brilliant and atmospheric documentary too.

I like Gaahl's long silence at the end too in response to a question the interviewer asked him if he 'doesn't mind being one of the few people worthy of the title of being a lone wolf.' Gaahl looked agitated and disgusted by the interviewer's lack of insight, and dismissively and flatly said, 'I don't think you're asking me the right questions... I don't think you're focusing on what is being said to you.'

So the interviewer nervously said, 'guide me,' (you could hear the quiver in his voice.)

Gaahl then sits in a trance-like state of deep thought during an approximately two-minute resentful and uncomfortable silence towards the interviewer, (the type of hostile silence that's so uncomfortable in the atmosphere that it feels like a 'loud screaming silence', so-to-speak,) and his awkward silence feels like an eternity of passive aggression.... followed by a sudden turn of his head at the end of his two minute silence and a menacing glare made with his eyes towards the interviewer... as if he was looking straight into the interviewer's mindless soul... and as if to silently say, 'you utter ignoramus.'

Gaahl proves the sheer psychological power of using awkward silence in the video-clip below.

(I'd love to know what Gaahl was thinking... or rather not!)

Gorgoroth means 'terror'.

I also like Gaahl's other band Wardruna (which is more traditional folk-based and spiritually atmospheric compared to his costumes and very heavily angry sounds full or wrath and fury in Gorgoroth.... which also has its place too of course, depending on my mood.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-26-2019 at 11:43 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The first song I remember listening to by Satryicon was Now, Diabolical. (I also loved the album of the same name that they released.)

This atmospheric bm track is a must-hear. Delirium is my favourite track on their Now, Diabolical album. I haven't listened to this album in many years now... so listening to it again evokes a lot of memories.

I also love To The Mountains (from their Now, Diabolical album.)
    Listened to all 3. As a guitar player I have always found black metal and death metal guitar work as very very impressive. What tends to bother me is the vocals lol. I feel like a lot of these songs would be so much better with clean vocals. But that is just my personal opinion. These days I am far more open to what music I listen to and I could see myself jamming these songs often.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I watched that documentary 'True Norwegian Black Metal' well over 10 years ago... I've watched it numerous times over the years, and thoroughly recommend watching it. You can see where his grandparents lived at the top of a mountain, and Gaahl takes the interviewers on a long trip up a mountain and around forests.

He said he likes to create fear so people keep a distance from him and learn to guide themselves rather than to be a follower in life.

You also get to see inside Gaahl's remote home, and he even shows a few of his paintings and artwork that he made to the interviewers, although he was reluctant to show much of his artwork to them.

Other Norwegian black metal musicians are interviewed in the brilliant and atmospheric documentary too.

I like Gaahl's long silence at the end too in response to a question the interviewer asked him if he 'doesn't mind being one of the few people worthy of the title of being a lone wolf.' Gaahl looked agitated by the interviewer's lack of insight and retorted, 'I don't think you're asking me the right questions... I don't think you're focusing on what is being said to you.'

So the interviewer nervously said, 'guide me,' (you could hear the quiver in his voice.)

Gaahl then sits in a trance-like state of deep thought in a two-minute resentful and uncomfortable silence towards the interviewer, (the type of silence that's so uncomfortable in the atmosphere that it feels like a 'loud screaming silence', so to speak,) and his two minute silence feels like an eternity.... followed by a sudden turn of his head at the end of his two minute silence and a menacing glare towards the interviewer. I'd love to know what Gaahl was thinking.

Gorgoroth means 'terror'.

I also like Gaahl's other band Wardruna (which is more traditional folk-based and spiritually atmospheric compared to his costumes and very heavily angry sounds full or wrath and fury in Gorgoroth.... which also has its place too of course, depending on my mood.)
    That is the longest silence that I have seen. talk about awkward lmao! That wardruna song is pretty cool as well. I dig it!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a