Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Welsh Dragon Flag Is The Devil And Should Be Changed, Says Christian Party

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

25 design picture ideas by UK people for a new Union Jack flag incase Scotland goes independent. New design ideas also include the Welsh flag too. Northern Ireland may be reunited with the rest of Ireland one day. I think Labour's Jeremy Corbyn would support that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25222891

I've also seen some design ideas in recent years with black colours used in the UK flag to represent diversity and a modern UK, although some people may be nervous of trying new colours or adventurous artwork. I think the crosses should be removed and no religious imagery should be included - as the UK is a multi-religious nation and people here are entitled to their own democratic views and beliefs. We're also a multi-ethnic and multi-racial society too.

Some designs incorporate the Cornish flag:

I like these designs:

The design also includes England's 3 Lions emblem in addition to the Welsh dragon.

The Union Jack has never been officially adopted as the emblem of the United Kingdom but has just ‘fallen into use’. The New Union Flag is a modified version of the Union Jack, which includes designs of former colonized communities and of various ethnic and national groups that live in the UK today.
    https://whoareweproject.com/the-new-...-communication

I would personally like to see flowers and bird designs on the flag... we could use the national flower emblems of each country (England's red rose emblem and the Welsh daffodil emblem).... and national birds too.... I love butterflies and hearts too.. and lots of soft pink tones, lilacs, pastel blues, etc. Soft green would represent the countryside landscape. Something that's artistic and unique and represents peace and love. New design ideas should be submitted by the public and the most popular design should be democratically nominated by the public, rather than the government deciding for the people.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 08-25-2018 at 01:45 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,753
    Given: 5,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Wales' main problem was that, unlike Scotland, it seldom was united, so most of the time English monarchs and lords could buy off different princes to fight each other.
    We had Robert the Bruce, Wales didn't. He had to kill a good few Scots.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,277
    Given: 39,691

3 Not allowed!

@Lily: all those designs are awful. Also, I'm actually a non-Christian in the UK - unlike you I'm not even of Christian background, and removing the crosses from the flag because some people aren't Christian is nothing less than cultural and historical desecration. Christianity was (and remains) an important part of our history, development and culture (you don't realise it, but all Christian holidays are national holidays and zero non-Christian holidays are national holidays, for instance, which is both useful and irritating for people like me, in different measures). Indeed, the Lords Spiritual still sit in the House of Lords and the head of State (HM the Queen) is also head of the CoE.

Cultural vandals and anarchist ideologues might one day reduce this nation to its knees and perhaps even cast Scotland and Northern Ireland adrift and elevate the county of Cornwall to the status of country (lol why?), and even change the flag to a crescent moon on a rainbow, but even if that happened, and it won't, it wouldn't change the fact that this country was, for better or worse, build on Christian foundations. Long live the Union Jack in its current state!

Putting birds and slugs and glitter or whatever on our flag will just make us a laughing stock. Our flag as it is commands respect and is an internationally recognised symbol of Britain - it also appears on a score of other national and regional flags. As New Zealand proved (based New Zealand!) subjecting the population to a pointless debate over a flag nearly everyone's happy with anyway in the name of democracy is a waste of money and time the government could better use to feed the homeless and vote on issues that actually matter.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    03-15-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,166
    Given: 4,758

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    25 design picture ideas by UK people for a new Union Jack flag incase Scotland goes independent. New design ideas also include the Welsh flag too. Northern Ireland may be reunited with the rest of Ireland one day. I think Labour's Jeremy Corbyn would support that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25222891

I've also seen some design ideas in recent years with black colours used in the UK flag to represent diversity and a modern UK, although some people may be nervous of trying new colours or adventurous artwork. I think the crosses should be removed and no religious imagery should be included - as the UK is a multi-religious nation and people here are entitled to their own democratic views and beliefs. We're also a multi-ethnic and multi-racial society too.

Some designs incorporate the Cornish flag:

I would personally like to see flowers and bird designs on the flag... we could use the national flower emblems of each country (England's red rose emblem and the Welsh daffodil emblem).... and national birds too.... I love butterflies and hearts too.. and lots of soft pink tones, lilacs, pastel blues, etc. Soft green would represent the countryside landscape. Something that's artistic and unique and represents peace and love. New design ideas should be submitted by the public and the most popular design should be democratically nominated by the public, rather than the government deciding for the people.
    Lily, without offending the United Kingdom, keeps all designs except the first two, the first one looks like a flag that people see after smoking a cannabis joint and the second design looks like the LGBT version of the United Kingdom if the United Kingdom use those designs for your flag instead of respect will inspire laughter.
    Last edited by Loki; 04-29-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Last Online
    05-26-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Britannic
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,797
    Given: 5,979

1 Not allowed!

Firstly, should Wales be considered a country of the UK like Scotland and N.Ireland? Would it take some special legislation to raise its status from being an annex of England?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-27-2020 @ 10:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Indian
    Country
    India
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    Taxonomy
    NordIndid, Indo-Afghan, Irano-Afghan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 54

0 Not allowed!

WTF? The red dragon itself has been associated with Wales for centuries, though the origin of the adoption of the dragon symbol is now lost in history and myth. A possible theory is that the Romans brought the emblem to what is now Wales during their occupation of Britain in the form of the Draco standards borne by the Roman cavalry, itself inspired by the symbols of the Dacians, Parthians or Sarmatians.
    Last edited by SexyLionMan; 12-07-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Fiji
    Y-DNA
    R1A
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Big headed white man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,396
    Given: 6,926

1 Not allowed!

They want to remove everything which has to do something with the old european traditions before christianism.

Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 01:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CordedWhelp View Post
    Actually, it is representative of Satan, or at the very least, a symbol of the serpent-bloodlines which have mingled there (and then thenceforth spread)
    The dragon was not a symbol of satan originally, but rather a metaphor for the brittons themselves, in their struggle with the white dragon (the english)

esoterica Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Nepal
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Hero
    Phosphoros
    Religion
    Ἑρμῆς
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,349
    Given: 31,125

1 Not allowed!

The Order of the Dragon (Latin: Societas Draconistarum, literally "Society of the Dragonists") was a monarchical chivalric order for selected nobility,[1] founded in 1408 by Sigismund von Luxembourg who was King of Hungary (r. 1387–1437) at the time and later became Holy Roman Emperor (r. 1433–1437). It was fashioned after the military orders of the Crusades, requiring its initiates to defend the cross and fight the enemies of Christianity, in particular the Ottoman Empire.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,894
    Given: 44,971

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Firstly, should Wales be considered a country of the UK like Scotland and N.Ireland? Would it take some special legislation to raise its status from being an annex of England?
    Northern Ireland is not considered a country... rather just a province.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information