Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Existence of OWD or off white dilemma!

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

Within the Persian cultural sphere, what is the chief determinant of aesthetic superiority (phenotypic or however "racial")?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-07-2019 @ 06:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iranian Turk
    Ancestry
    Iranian Azerbaijani
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 48

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    Within the Persian cultural sphere, what is the chief determinant of aesthetic superiority (phenotypic or however "racial")?
    Europid. Blue eyes and light hair. Many women get bored with their average appearance so they try to be exotic. Like how European women go through the hassle of getting a spray tan, some Iranian women have their own ideals.

It's not even European genetics or phenotypes that Iranians are obsessed with. It's the overall culture and progressiveness of Europeans. We all know and admit how backward the middle east is, culturally and intellectually. One of the biggest shitholes on the planet currently. But there was a time where Iranians were inventing governance, law, medicine, math and science while most of europe was inhabited by tribes, except for Greece. Iran wasn't able to keep this up, which is why it stayed behind and the Europeans surpassed. Cultural and societal failure walled off Iran's ability to progress. Whether it's Islam or the mindset of the people, a lot of variables led to failure. Learning from Europeans is the only which can save the country. Europeans think and act for the good of their own at the right time. Iranians delay and procrasinate till major problems pile up and become lethal.

Stoneyarabia can call this OWD, but let's have him take a good look at the subhuman filth that is the middle east and decided whether or not an Isis jihadi contributes more to humanity than a European who has dreams of colonizing mars

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    Europid. Blue eyes and light hair. Many women get bored with their average appearance so they try to be exotic. Like how European women go through the hassle of getting a spray tan, some Iranian women have their own ideals.

It's not even European genetics or phenotypes that Iranians are obsessed with. It's the overall culture and progressiveness of Europeans. We all know and admit how backward the middle east is, culturally and intellectually. One of the biggest shitholes on the planet currently. But there was a time where Iranians were inventing governance, law, medicine, math and science while most of europe was inhabited by tribes, except for Greece. Iran wasn't able to keep this up, which is why it stayed behind and the Europeans surpassed. Cultural and societal failure walled off Iran's ability to progress. Whether it's Islam or the mindset of the people, a lot of variables led to failure. Learning from Europeans is the only which can save the country. Europeans think and act for the good of their own. Iranians delay and procrasinate till major problems pile up and become lethal.
    Cheers,

I had this assumption that blue eyes were too few in the Persian sphere for them to become much noticed.. guess I was wrong.. interesting.

In my mind, I have this trio in my mind when I think of history that gets me going.: Greece, Rome, Persia.

^Just my taste in history..

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iranian Turk
    Ancestry
    Iranian Azerbaijani
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    Cheers,

I had this assumption that blue eyes were too few in the Persian sphere for them to become much noticed.. guess I was wrong.. interesting.

In my mind, I have this trio in my mind when I think of history that gets me going.: Greece, Rome, Persia.

^Just my taste in history..
    Blue eyes are quite rare, green/hazel eyes are seen more often. My father has green eyes, lots of afghans I've met had green and blue eyes. Same with Armenians both in Iran and Armenia.
    I was surprised to find out how my eyes were lighter than many Europeans with I've encountered. I've encountered lots of Europeans with dark brown eyes, especially western ones.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

0 Not allowed!

The problem is that the man is an Iranian Azeri, born in the north, and lives in the capital city; based on his status. Most Iranians live up north than south and higher class Iranians from the north don't know much about the south or any other parts of Iran. We are used to seeing lighter people. Even to this day, I have a hard time considering 90% of southern Iran as "Iranians". They are Iranian nationals, sure, but the Arab, African and south Asian influence on them is quite foreign where I come from. The difference between the south and north is quite strong, both in appearance and culture. We are used to seeing people from those pictures, maybe not all of them since some of them look quite "white" to you, But to us, they just look Iranian. Most of these people can fit in my family and my extended family is quite diverse.

Iran is not a homogeneous Iranic nation. We have non Iranic people and non Iranian influences everywhere. We decided to whom we are close to based on culture, language and appearance. People from Tehran feel no cultural affinity towards Balochis in the south for example. The same goes for Arabs and others in Iran.

Iran is diverse and divided into parts with its own ethnic presence. Balochis do not live in the north, Persians don't live in Balochistan or on Persian Gulf. Most of us don't look like one another but we all have a distinct Iranian look.

I was raised around people who look similar to those pictures. How are you going to blame me for what I believe an Iranian is?
    you are rigth , i came across video of iranian fans during world cup and most indeed look like pictures that quora guy posted , also Baloch arent that dark , many Balochs are very poor so it increase their exoticness because of sun tan.

this video

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Blue eyes are quite rare, green/hazel eyes are seen more often. My father has green eyes, lots of afghans I've met had green and blue eyes. Same with Armenians both in Iran and Armenia.
    I was surprised to find out how my eyes were lighter than many Europeans with I've encountered. I've encountered lots of Europeans with dark brown eyes, especially western ones.
    To my credit, my modest insight into West Asian aesthetics did include notions of green eyes in Western Asia

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Iranian Turk
    Ancestry
    Iranian Azerbaijani
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lameduck View Post
    you are rigth , i came across video of iranian fans during world cup and most indeed look like pictures that quora guy posted , also Baloch arent that dark , many Balochs are very poor so it increase their exoticness because of sun tan.

this video

Neither of those people from the video look white like the guy claims. They shift towards east med. For some reason people here assume just because an Iranian isn't oriental looking, then they must be rare. In my case, I find oriental looking Iranians more foreign and meds more common. This is based on my own individual experience. I guess I've only encountered Iranians who tend to be much less oriental than they should? Blaochis are tan, a lot of Iranians are tan. Especially in the south. I know plenty of Iranians with dark arms and faces but with pale white torsos. Balochis are just culturally different and look different on many occasions. They look different than someone from central Iran. Some of them look like Pashtun and could easily pass as central Asian Iranians but a lot of them look like Indus Valley people.
    Last edited by Fibonacci; 02-11-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 08:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Planet Earth
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Switzerland & USA
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,481
    Given: 4,013

0 Not allowed!

While some South Europeans suffer from this dilemma, the Middle Easterners and South Asians (from Turkey to Pakistan) are even worse. I have never seen a Middle Easterner posting the photo or asking for the classification of someone who does not belong to the lightest spectrum of their respective ethnicities.
    Seen from an objective point of view, it is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Deneb; 04-23-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information