Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Udmurt discussion

esaima

0 Not allowed!

Default Udmurt discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    That's a very wide term. We might as well say that that you look "Indo-European" although French people and Persians are quite different. They're linguistic terms anyway...

You definitely aren't similar to the Finno-Ugrics who live in Northern Europe, NW-Russia and around the Urals.

I would place you into Southern Russia/Ukraine, by looks.
    Oh, Karl and your propaganda...Do you really think that Udmurts and Maris look like Halstatians? Ok, maybe you are right or at least believe it yourself.

It was 1997 when I dated an Udmurt girl Olga who studied in Estonia, she looked very similar, eyes weren´t so light only.
    The racial traits between FUs maybe different but deffinitely not as different as French and Persians. East-Baltid Finnish girls resemble me often Udmurts.
    The high cheekbones are really something Finnic.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by esäimä View Post
    Oh, Karl and your propaganda...Do you really think that Udmurts and Maris look like Halstatians? Ok, maybe you are right or at least believe it yourself.
    No... You're interpreting me wrongly, as usual. Finno-Ugrics are adapted to the extreme cold climates. Inner-continental climate in Russia and the Artical climate in Northern Europe. Thus they can't be "Halstatians". Such anthropological types couldn't survive in extremely cold areas.

The native inhabitants of Siberia are the most flat-faced people in the world. Evolution is to blame, as Siberia is the coldest region in the world that's inhabited. Recently the temperatures there have been colder then -60C.

The same applies to Europeans(Finns in the North and other Eastern Finno-Ugrics living in the cold inter-continental climate). Being Baltid in such climates is evolutionary adaption.

It was 1997 when I dated an Udmurt girl Olga who studied in Estonia, she looked very similar, eyes weren´t so light only.
    The racial traits between FUs maybe different but deffinitely not as different as French and Persians. East-Baltid Finnish girls resemble me often Udmurts.
    The high cheekbones are really something Finnic.
    Basing your opinion of Udmurts on 1 person is idiocy.

From the Eastern Finno-Ugrics, I've seen the Udmurts the most. The girl who's currently being classified doesn't look like an Udmurt. It's quite obvious on the 3rd picture. High cheekbones doesn't always = Finno-Ugric. Saying that everyone who are blond, are Finnish would be the same logical. As Finns are the blondest people in the world. Blond hair doesn't always = Finnish. I have also never seen any native Udmurts with such dark hair.

You have to take into account that Udmurts have had Tatar influences during history and some of them aren't pure Udmurtian. The Udmurts without any foreign influence are usually very pale, light eyed and red-haired.(Udmurts are the most red-headed people in the world)

Last Online
    01-26-2014 @ 11:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alban
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I have also never seen any native Udmurts with such dark hair.
    Sorry! But my natural haircolour is dark blond! I have written about it at the beginning of the thread!!!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-26-2013 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32

0 Not allowed!

Dont worry! Karl thinks most Slavs/Russians are dark trolls, while Ugro-Finnics pure Nords... that's just the way he is

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Camilla View Post
    Sorry! But my natural haircolour is dark blond! I have written about it at the beginning of the thread!!!
    Missed that, sorry. Well, any Finno-Ugric ancestry cannot be excluded now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
    Dont worry! Karl thinks most Slavs/Russians are dark trolls, while Ugro-Finnics pure Nords... that's just the way he is
    lol... I have never ever stated that Finno-Ugrics are pure Nordids. The most nordid Finno-Ugrics would be Estonians, because of Scandinavian admixture. Estonians are a mix of Baltids and Nordids. Finno-Ugrics being pure nordids... that would prove Darwin and his evolution theory wrong, considering where the Finno-Ugrics have lived.

Slavs/Russians are definitely dark compared to Estonians and Finns but they're not that much darker then the average European. Russians are so diverse in their looks that there doesn't exist a stereotypical Russian look, but Russians have a visibly larger amount of darker individuals then Estonians. Nothing abnormal though, as Estonians are one of the fairest people in Europe.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ok. One thing is certain. Looking at her, Id never think "Udmurt". Though I probably would think "Russian" or "Ukrainian".

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ok. One thing is certain. Looking at her, Id never think "Udmurt". Though I probably would "Russian" or "Ukrainian".
    Something we agree in.

esaima

0 Not allowed!

The most nordid Finno-Ugrics would be Estonians, because of Scandinavian admixture.
    Estonians are a mix .
    Something we agree in.

esaima

0 Not allowed!

Ok. One thing is certain. Looking at her, Id never think "Udmurt".
    Have you ever seen an Udmurt?How do you know it so exactly?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by esäimä View Post
    Ok. One thing is certain. Looking at her, Id never think "Udmurt".
    Have you ever seen an Udmurt?How do you know it so exactly?
    Yeah! Precisely! I did not and so I would not compare her to FUs. But who knows... who knows...

P.S.

I don't believe in these Karls' stories of red-haired Udmurts. I need to look into that myself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information