PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Muslim (who would have thought?) arrested for Belgian Jewish Museum Shooting Murders has confessed - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Muslim (who would have thought?) arrested for Belgian Jewish Museum Shooting Murders has confessed

Last Online
    04-05-2015 @ 11:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Ahiska/Karaim/Türkmen
    Ancestry
    Caucasus/Central Asia/Ukraine
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Khazar pride worldwide
    Hero
    Seraya Shapshal
    Religion
    Sunni Islam
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,867
    Given: 9,929

1 Not allowed!

Its funny how people write about "The Muslims" like we are some sort of hivemind

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyant View Post
    Its funny how people write about "The Muslims" like we are some sort of hivemind
    Well, it's not precisely what I wrote. Islam remains a religion that causes muslims to believe what they do nonetheless. This is why most 'moderate' muslims are genuinely moderate, especially when their religious community is small and uninfluential. That's where all of this stops, however.

In the end the problem lies with Islam anyway. You can't change your hadiths nor their authenticity. If you call yourself a muslim, you are at least driven toward following those. Otherwise you wouldn't have written 'Sunni Islam' as your religion.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,966
    Given: 12,770

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    I agreed with most of what you wrote, except for this sentence. Muslims are different when they are a tiny minority. So that sentence is both true and false at the same time if you ask me (they're conditionally different IMO).
    First of all, muslims are realists like all humans. It's stupid to make big demands when you are but a tiny minority, so they won't in the US (they might even be genuine about their current moderation; muslim themselves often don't see the bigger picture). However, once they are a bigger group you'll see a different kind of muslim (or you won't see them actively supporting you against their hardliners).

To quote a 'moderate' muslim when I talked about how in Malaysia a religious police harassing unmarried couples dating (and making love in private) "Why should I protest against this if it happened here?". I mentioned it to her, because she brought up Malaysia as an example of a modern muslim country. American muslims are very likely also like this. Islam teaches what it teaches.

By the way, the way you are describing muslims being a peaceful minority is the way people did in Europe 30 years ago. I may be talking about muslims this muslim that, but it's Islam that's the problem in the end less so the followers (they're only the consequence, not the source).
    The Muslim population in the US tend to be an educated population. In their own nations they are the middle and upper middle class. Such people are more interested in social-economic status than anything else. With some exceptions, such as Turks in Holland, France, and the UK, Muslims tend to be the uneducated, low skilled, inbred country bumpkins. It's more an issue of class than religion.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    The Muslim population in the US tend to be an educated population. In their own nations they are the middle and upper middle class. Such people are more interested in social-economic status than anything else. With some exceptions, such as Turks in Holland, France, and the UK, Muslims tend to be the uneducated, low skilled, inbred country bumpkins. It's more an issue of class than religion.
    It's as if rich people in the MENA countries are the most progressive of the bunch. I don't see it, sorry. I think you are underestimating the different moral compass Islam steers people toward.
    We can only agree to disagree until the US gets more muslims shipped in and more time passes after that, of course.

However, without wanting to gossip. I think for instance Shah-Jehan is a typical example of a non-moderate muslim. Not sure whether his ancestors were middle class though, but he lives in Canada (basically the US#2).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yehiel View Post
    Would not happen, if they could easily just kill Jews we wouldnt be in the Middle East anymore.

Your English comprehension is very poor.

This is what he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mraz View Post
    If we're going to follow tribalistic mentality, for each muslim that is killed by an Israeli, a jew will be killed too and obviously those living in the west are the most vulnerable. Basically this Medhi Nemouche is a disciple of Anglojew.
    It's very easy to murder someone on the street anywhere at any time or walk into a non-government building and start shooting or stabbing away. It rarely happens because most people aren't that extreme and/or they don't want to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    It's as if rich people in the MENA countries are the most progressive of the bunch. I don't see it, sorry. I think you are underestimating the different moral compass Islam steers people toward.
    Correction: Educated people who immigrate to the US tend to be the more progressive of the bunch.

Financial incentives trump bat-shit crazy extreme religious teachings.

We can only agree to disagree until the US gets more muslims shipped in and more time passes after that, of course.
    I'm for limited immigration and so hopefully it'll always be an unanswered question.

However, without wanting to gossip. I think for instance Shah-Jehan is a typical example of a non-moderate muslim. Not sure whether his ancestors were middle class though, but he lives in Canada (basically the US#2).
    Shah-Jehan isn't going to kill anyone anytime soon and even if we cloned him and made him 5% of the US population any type of religious gheyness on their part is restricted by the US Constitution. We have our own Christian religious nuts and despite their numbers and political strength they are kept from stepping on the rights of others.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information