-
    Politics
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    1. Corner of the world, edge of the world, pretty much the same shit, don't get all technical on me, ok?
    ROFL...I'm not getting technical - look up the difference

3. I didn't trash Ukraine, I simply pointed out a fact that it's corrupt, to the point where any tourist will be drained of their money by police and other goverment officials.
    4. It's not my fault that your motherland is corrupt, so don't get mad at me.
    There are ways of pointing out facts, and than there are ways of pointing out facts. I am perfectly aware of how corrupt Ukrainian officials are (and they are not as corrupt as you say...at least not in Kiev or Kharkov, Crimea is an autonomous republic anyway ).

And I'm not mad about it. I'm sad about it. A country is not the same as its government. That's one of the fundamentals of "cultural preservation", or we'd all be happy and PC.

2. I'm not 25% Ukrainian, more like 12.5%.
    5. What gives me the right to talk about Ukraine? Well I was born in Simferopol, and grew up there, so it's my right just as it is any other Ukrainians right.
    You mean any 12.5% Ukrainian's right, right? Birthplace doesn't mean much unless it comes along with traditions and culture - which doesn't seem to be the case for you...it's hard to pick up the culture when people just assume you are selling oranges.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-14-2014 @ 02:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Perkele
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Perkele
    Hero
    Timur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 1,086

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by a.squiggles View Post

There are ways of pointing out facts, and than there are ways of pointing out facts.
    OK?

You mean any 12.5% Ukrainian's right, right? Birthplace doesn't mean much unless it comes along with traditions and culture - which doesn't seem to be the case for you...it's hard to pick up the culture when people just assume you are selling oranges.
    First off, Moldovan and Ukrainian traditions are pretty much the same, got that whole Slavic thing going on. Secondly, it is my right, two of my great grandfathers died protecting Ukraine, so if anything, it's more of my right than it is yours.

Lastly, what kind of Ukrainian has "Russkaya" written under ethnicity. You don't even identify as Ukrainian, so shame on you.

А на красивые фантики клюют даже отпетые &#108 nisse's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-17-2010 @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Politics
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

First off, Moldovan and Ukrainian traditions are pretty much the same, got that whole Slavic thing going on.
    ROFL...Ukrainian traditions aren't even the same as Ukrainian traditions. The fact that you don't realize this just underscores the fact that you're not familiar with them .

Secondly, it is my right, two of my great grandfathers died protecting Ukraine, so if anything, it's more of my right than it is yours.
    Mongolians died protecting Ukraine (in the Red Army) does that give them any right? May be. Does it give their grandchildren any right? Hell no.

P.S. I'm surprised to hear that your grandparents were old enough to fight in WW2. Btw, a bunch of my *Ukrainian* (as well as Russian) great-grandparents died, but that's the price of war.

Lastly, what kind of Ukrainian has "Russkaya" written under ethnicity. You don't even identify as Ukrainian, so shame on you.
    Historically, this is what people from my region of Ukraine have called themselves..."Russkaya" (not "Rossiyanka") as in "Rus" as in Kievan Rus. If you can't appreciate that logic, well, you aren't even all that Slavic likely.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Perkele
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Perkele
    Hero
    Timur
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

ROFL...Ukrainian traditions aren't even the same as Ukrainian traditions. The fact that you don't realize this just underscores the fact that you're not familiar with them .
    :mmmm:

P.S. I'm surprised to hear that your grandparents were old enough to fight in WW2.
    Why don't you re-read my post. I said great Grandparents.

If you can't appreciate that logic, well, you aren't even all that Slavic likely.
    I'm not Slavic, Slavs are people from the far east. My background comes from Moldova & Germany.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    scumbag
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a
    Taxonomy
    North atlantid
    Hero
    Satan
    Religion
    without sin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,737
    Given: 8,694

0 Not allowed!

my late grandfather spent his teens fighting in WW2. Anyway, Moldovan girls

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Perkele
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Perkele
    Hero
    Timur
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nelly Ciobanu

Natalia Barbu

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Politics
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why don't you re-read my post. I said great Grandparents.
    So you did. Guess I was surprised for no reason . Makes your initial point even less relevant.

I'm not Slavic, Slavs are people from the far east. My background comes from Moldova & Germany.
    Bingo - Ukrainians are Slavic and you are not.

You're about as Ukrainian as those Haitian kids are Dutch, so be respectful to other people's countries

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Perkele
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Perkele
    Hero
    Timur
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bingo - Ukrainians are Slavic and you are not.

You're about as Ukrainian as those Haitian kids are Dutch, so be respectful to other people's countries
    1. You don't even know the ethnogenesis of your own people, shame on you;
    Ukrainians are Iranic (Scythian) in origin, who later became Slavicized when the Slavs expanded southwards down the Dnepr, and then Ukrainians were ultimatley Turkified by the endless hordes of Mongoloid steppe Nomads from the far east.

So Ukrainian = Iranic+Turkic+Slavic Blend.

2. Like I said, I'm 12.5 Ukrainian from Kharkov, and I doubt those Haitians are even 1% Caucasian.

3. What the fuck do you mean "be respectful of other peoples countries" You're not Ukrainian for fucks sake. You have Oryol Oblast listed as your ancestry, and then under ethnicity it says Russkaya, if you were actually Ukrainian it would say 'Ukrainka'. So which is it? Are you Ukrainian or are you Russian? Or wait, are you Ukrainian on mondays and switch off to being Russian on Thursday?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Politics
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

1. You don't even know the ethnogenesis of your own people, shame on you;
    Ukrainians are Iranic (Scythian) in origin, who later became Slavicized when the Slavs expanded southwards down the Dnepr, and then Ukrainians were ultimatley Turkified by the endless hordes of Mongoloid steppe Nomads from the far east.

So Ukrainian = Iranic+Turkic+Slavic Blend.
    You are confusing Ukrainians and *you* .

2. Like I said, I'm 12.5 Ukrainian from Kharkov, and I doubt those Haitians are even 1% Caucasian.
    *Caucasian* doesn't mean much .

3. What the fuck do you mean "be respectful of other peoples countries" You're not Ukrainian for fucks sake. You have Oryol Oblast listed as your ancestry, and then under ethnicity it says Russkaya, if you were actually Ukrainian it would say 'Ukrainka'. So which is it? Are you Ukrainian or are you Russian? Or wait, are you Ukrainian on mondays and switch off to being Russian on Thursday?
    Read my post above where I explained the usage of "russkaya"...and if you are going to read my ancestry - read all of it.

ти знаєш де ці дві області, експерт з українознавства?
    Russian translation: ты знаешь где эти две области, эксперт по украине?

Slobozhanshchyna / Poltavshchyna / Oryol Oblast'
    Last edited by nisse; 02-05-2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added the translation

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Perkele
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Perkele
    Hero
    Timur
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

ты знаешь где эти две области, эксперт по украине?
    So there you go, you are only 2/3 Ukrainian, and not a full Ukrainian, just like me.
    Besides those Ukrainian oblasts you're from happen to be the ones with the most Mongoloid influence, Congratulations ! up

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information